Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea bank!

Question Idea bank!

This is the thread where you can post all the good and grazy ideas, you guys might have for the mod.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Idea bank!

Strategic Map:
    Premade Siege Maps for each City
    Each city will have its own siege map that is scripted to be used. Sieges will be more detailed with this. We will need to keep walls prebuilt and indestructable on the building queue though.

Small Villiages as resources
    Small villiages will be present in each province by resources. They give a small population bonus and revenue increase. The amount of small villiages in a provence is an indicator of the fertility of a province.

Commercial Cities
    Provinces that have more than one big city will have all the non-governmental(vassal controlled) large cities represented by resource tiles. These give a boost to commerce. And may be used to represent manufactured goods.

Mountain Top Temples
    Resource tiles representing thse temples will be put at locations corresponding to historical locations. Aesthetic.

Ports & Mines
    Unbuildable. Mines give revenue and Ports allow for instant access to Teppo after Teppo event and increase revenue.

Units:
    Uesugi Late Hatamoto
    If Uesugi generals wear head wraps, Kenshin's helmet should be worn by Uesugi late Hatamoto.

Guns
    Teppo Ashigaru will be instantly avaliable to build at ports after the gun event. 5-10 years after, gun foundaries will be accessable by all. 15 years after, Teppo Samurai will be trainable.

Slingers
    Not much info at the moment, research needed.

Rebels:
    Kama Yari Ashigaru
    Since there's no representation as an regular or levy ashigaru and that the Kama Yari was an fairly common weapon for ashigaru, this is the only way left to implement it. It would carry the curved, almost sickle-shaped, Kama-Yari. It would be good against cavalry and such agaisnt everything else.

Naginata Women
    This unit would only appear in cities with 0 movement points over the strategic map. Women were present at sieges, defending their homes from attackers for dishonour and shame awaited those who could not defend themselves in the hands of thier captives. We could implement these ladies in small units and make them pop up only in city battles.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

The last one is nice... I thought about mentioning them earlier, but considered them to be too problematic. Nice workaround you have found there.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Last edited by antisocialmunky; 11-04-2005 at 13:39.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

I agree with the whole Uesugi deal, and i think that each clan should have special hatamoto bodyguards.

Ya Misr!

Only the general Models will be totally unique. Late Era Hatamoto guards will have one of two types of armours though depending on the faction. The reason why Kenshin's helmet is brought up is because we're not goign to use it on Kenshin.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Small Villiages as resources
    Small villiages will be present in each province by resources. They give a small population bonus and revenue increase. The amount of small villiages in a provence is an indicator of the fertility of a province.
    Feel free to use the system I made for upgrading these villages if you want to

What I want to try and do is give players a better feel of feudalism. I want to try out some things to enhance that like small cities that you control but not directly. Thanks for the offer. I'm sure we can find a place for it.

If you are going to have so many factions, then you may not want to have each of the historic Japanese provinces represent only one province in the real game... there would be about half the number of rtw vanilla provinces in this game then for an equivalent number of factions.

Quote Originally Posted by rashidaddinsinan
    If you are going to have so many factions, then you may not want to have each of the historic Japanese provinces represent only one province in the real game... there would be about half the number of rtw vanilla provinces in this game then for an equivalent number of factions.
    Hello rashidaddinsinan. If you look at the map we have created.we have already splitted many provinces of the 66 historical provinces in smaller districts.
    Here is an map of provices of premodern Japan:

http://samurai-archives.com/map.html

And here is our area map for the Mod:

http://chaosrealms.org/forgottenimmortal/ShogunMap.jpg
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 11-11-2005 at 01:20.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Great mod & can't wait for some kinda release

I'm not sure if your team has discussed this but anyway, In STW when you or AI clan took Yamashiro you would get a nice scroll telling you that the Emperor has told you to bow to the inevitable. It never really meant much apart from warning you that the Hojo horde was on its way but nice all the same.
    I was thinking that you could use a wonder & event to simulate this. Maybe use one that adds to loyalty across the lands & increases farming output to simulate the pesants been more happy & working more since the Emperor has declared for the holder of the province.
    If the mod needs any extra beta testers PM me plz

hello to you all! Member Samurai Fanatic's Avatar

How about for a historical battle when the Takeda was attacked by the oda with the use of muskets against their cavalry , and many of the takeda generals died......i cant remember the name tho
    1000 warriors is the start of a great empire

Posted by Drunkin General: Great mod & can't wait for some kinda release

I'm not sure if your team has discussed this but anyway, In STW when you or AI clan took Yamashiro you would get a nice scroll telling you that the Emperor has told you to bow to the inevitable. It never really meant much apart from warning you that the Hojo horde was on its way but nice all the same.
    I was thinking that you could use a wonder & event to simulate this. Maybe use one that adds to loyalty across the lands & increases farming output to simulate the pesants been more happy & working more since the Emperor has declared for the holder of the province.
    If the mod needs any extra beta testers PM me plz

Thanks Drunkin General!
    We have thought about the same thing.
    In RTW we have the Wonders like the Pyramids. So we are going to chance those to be usefull for are purposes. So i can promise that capturing Kyoto in the game will give benefits for the player.

And to the Samurai fanatic. I believe you mean the battle of Nagashino between Takeda Katsyori and Oda Nobunaga+ Togukawa Ieasy. It is very intresting battle indeed. But at this moment we are focused on campaign. Maybe we can do Historical battles after the first release, but hey you never know things might chance along the way.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I wonder if theres anyway we could have multipalyer historic battles.

hello to you all! Member Samurai Fanatic's Avatar

well....there are multiplayer historical battles on RTW (not bi), infact all of the RTW historical battles are multiplayer. So basicly you can do multiplayer historical battles.
    1000 warriors is the start of a great empire

Can u guys make a valable the units like the clans put on the current RTW map for us to play with while we wait for the full mod to be finished?

just a random tought :)
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-

Thumbs up Re: Idea bank!

I know this could be very hard to do (if not impossible), but could you add a motion animation to the Nobori(unit flag, banner attached to back of a samuria) during the battles that are to take place?
    - This would add more realism and immersion to the battles that players control. This is my opinion at least. I noticed this feature in Shogun: Warlord Edition and I thought it made the units look more life-like.

I always wanted a remake of the Shogun game and finally people are doing it.
    I love and praise this project and hope you guys continue till the end!

Goodluck.
    조선민주주의인민공화국
    朝鮮民主主義人民共和國

Bullets kill people, Nuclear weapons kill cities.

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Smile Re: Idea bank!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Feel free to use the system I made for upgrading these villages if you want to
    I remember reading that a long time ago, could you send me a link to that thread?
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

Could you make Kensai something that happens rarely? I think that there are those rare moments when the true Kensai appeared, and if it happened in this way, it would make it very special. You shouldn't be able to create Kensai. Now expert swordsman, that's another story altogether. All you would have to do is change the name to something else, and then have a special samurai get the trait or become available as a retainer.

Another idea I have is get rid of battle field ninja. These are very far fetched. The Geisha is just about ludicrous. Alternatively, have shinobi or ninja that open the gate if they infiltrate a town allowing the samurai to come in easier. Can you imagine the horror of seeing you castle door open during a siege? Heehehe

It would be cool if Okinawa and the other Ryukyu Islands were on the map and were places that could be invaded. I know you don't want to create yet another clan, you could just have them labeled as Rebels.

I like you RTW has population values. This may be needlessly complex, but you could have peasant upgrades to Asigaru and then during peacetime return to the fields to increase economics. It would be historically accurate.

What will trade be like in Ran no Jidai? Will you have lacquer goods, tortoise shell hairpins, netuke carved from ivory, silk goods, etc? It would just be window dressing, but would increase economics. The merchants would loan money to the samurai at interest. This would allow samurai to operate in the red for a short while.

I like the retinues in RTW. Attracting artisans to ones court could be a double edged sword. Too many artisans mean an increase in culture and hence attract other samurai. They also could act to increase corruption.

Have you thought about a curious aspect of RTW? There often are "loose ronin" that become available by purchasing their contract. I was thinking that if you don't purchase their contracts, aren't you going to have lots of duels and challenges within a city? You might just buy them up to get them off the streets! It would add a funny and perhaps maddening aspect on Expert level.

Bribing a samurai to join your side I hope lowers their traits or gives them negative ones. Things like greediness....

It would be cool if we could make weak non-performing samurai perform seppuku! Or captured samurai from rival clans could be made to wait to commit seppuku to embarrass them and their clan!

Will the Mongols rear their ugly head?

Nakamura

Just wanted to point out that descriptions for ancillaries (and anncillaries in general) are needed.

Kakare, kakare!

costum battles?, new maps for custom battles and new cities,not the roman maps and roman cities,that should be nice

Hi,

I only occaisonally check in here just to see how things are going. Not sure how much you are messing with the games engine, but I would suggest the following (and apologies if already suggested):-

1) Improved 'treachery' as this period in Japan's history is notorious for people changing sides at the drop of a hat (even Sekigahara is reported to have had a side change when outcome was imminent). Not sure how easy it would be to make AI controlled Daiymos gang up on biggest threat. I find in Rome there is a little too much ganging up on human player. For example if I play Germans in RTW, the Britons and Gauls throw all they have at me, but this actually makes it too easy as if I defend sensibly, they are pretty much exhausted. Roman units can mop them up easy.

2) Might be interesting to 'tweak' unit staus in RTW from impetuous, steady, shaken, routing etc to a more honour based system i.e. a unit that makes another unit rout receives an honour bonus, unit that kills enemy commander receives even higher honour bonus. Been so long since I've played original Shogun this might even be in there. I know in original Shogun you only got Sword dojo after a single solider killed x amount of enemy (can some-one confirm). I think honour, it it was in original Shogun, was more like unit experience though? Idea of taking heads is also a nice and possibly historically accurate one. I don't know if anyone has read Stephen Turbull? In one of his books I found the following under Samurai expolits in battle, have listed most useful:-

Ichiban kubi - taken 1st head taken
    Ichiban nori - 1st over wall/inside enemy fort
    Tachi uchi no komyo - Kill with a sword
    Shigariyari no komyo - perform rearguard action when allies retreating

I think some of these might be possible as bonuses for troops.

3) Rome/BI use of objects such as legions eagle or (in BI, I think) parts of the original Cross. I could see same thing in this mod with certain katana/objects being carried by units. Am I right in saying that Muramasa blades were considered evil/bad omen by Tokugawa clan? If so, then possession of such an artifact could give a bonus when fighting that clan. I am sure there are other examples, whether fictional/fantasy/disputed etc.

That's my brain storming over with for today!!

Master of Pie! Member thebigbossnahhh's Avatar

Well I've posted the idea in a previous thread on the TWC but here it is again on the Org.

Locusts ravage crops in a region and increase the changes of Unrest, Plague etc.

Increased Earthquake Activity Japan's known for it's many Earthquakes and I think they should have some RIGHT NASTY ones. Lots of damage and lots of dead Civilians.

Also.. Playing Shogun you get the Shogunate in Kyoto putting his backing behind a specific Clan.
    Maybe the SPQR Faction of Rome Vanilla can be used in that way to mass support a Clan and change the balance of Power?
    Plus the SPQR can even order a Roman Leader to commit Suicide or face receiving the curse of the Gods and expulsion from Roman Citizenship, could this be used in term of Seppuko for dishonoured Daimyo's? Shogunate Willy Waving?

Anyway, really looking forward at seeing those Japanese Villages and buildings.

All 20 faction slots are used and Kyôtô is owned by Hosokawa by the game's start...... About its bonus'...... hehe..... hihi...... huhu.......

Does that mean Hosokawa = SPQR?

Master of Pie! Member thebigbossnahhh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taneda Santôka
    All 20 faction slots are used and Kyôtô is owned by Hosokawa by the game's start...... About its bonus'...... hehe..... hihi...... huhu.......

Ahhh nutsm what are the chances of that huh!? lol
    Exactly 20 Factions that just happens to be the Faction Limit of the Game.

Heheheh... so did you guys implement what I think you guys implemented?

:-D

I thought you guys went with BI and tossed that idea out.

You thought right, no SPQR, but Kyôtô will share some good boni! ;)

It would have been neat to have the initial alliance though. Oh well, they'll probably start allied.

The strat map I posted on the map thread shoes some starting alliances. Check it out! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast