Thread: LATE ERA Sneakpeak

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

Default LATE ERA Sneakpeak

I wanted to keep the more impressive units a surprise for after the Early Era release, but now that it has been delayed until next year I lost my patience and would like to reveal some more Late Era units to the public. Enjoy:

(Models/skins by me and Dirty Peasant)

Gothic Knights

The crème de la crème of the Late Era cavalry: armoured to the teeth, riding large horses bred for war, these knights make for an almost unstoppable force.

Gothic Pikemen

Late Men at Arms

Halberdiers

Ottoman Kapikulu Sipahi

BTW I'd like to remind you all that the Org Awards nominations are still open *hint hint*

Last edited by Lord Adherbal; 12-11-2005 at 23:16.
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Default Re: LATE ERA Sneakpeak

Ignorant fool! You've broken the lesser known 11th Commandment:
    "Thou shall not tease us mere mortals with your mod's lovely new screenshots of units we'll not be able to get our grubby hands on for ages yet."

You'll be damned! Good stuff though. There's a clean, glossy look to all your units, which is refreshing when many mods try to make units look battle-worn and dirtied. It's a shame though - all those lovely men in their big clanky metal suits are easily defeated by a single giant magnet.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

looks fantastic!

well done, its always good to see normal people making stuff that is better than what CA have done-no offence though to CA
    Hey, Im back

As I have said before
    "…Birds of battle screech, the grey wolf howls, spears rattle, shield answers shaft. …Then many a thegn, laden in gold, buckled on his sword-belt. …The hollow shield called for bold men"s hands..."

Fantastic, as usual. The shields of the Men at arms look a bit small, though.

And I do agree with professorspatula, showing us all those nice units without giving us the chance to play with them is torture, so I´ll have to file a complaint at the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    Fantastic, as usual. The shields of the Men at arms look a bit small, though.
    No they are great it's wonderfull tho see some men-at-arms with bucklers but actually they would be even greater if they had sallet helmet
    "…Birds of battle screech, the grey wolf howls, spears rattle, shield answers shaft. …Then many a thegn, laden in gold, buckled on his sword-belt. …The hollow shield called for bold men"s hands..."

Chivalry Mod Team Member Kor Khan's Avatar

The men at arms have bucklers strapped to their arms for two reasons:

1. At this time, due to the fact that body armour offered very good protection, the need for a large shield decreased. Only small shields were frequently used, if at all.

2. More importantly: These men are supposed to wield the sword two-handed. This means that they can't carry a shield of any great size.

As for a sallet: I don't know if men-at-arms in this time period wore sallets. I always thought that it was a fifteenth century thing. Since 14th century is also late era, they're wearing the slightly earlier bascinets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Khan
    As for a sallet: I don't know if men-at-arms in this time period wore sallets. I always thought that it was a fifteenth century thing. Since 14th century is also late era, they're wearing the slightly earlier bascinets.
    I don't know if you have thought of it but men-at-arms changed fashion in both armour and fighting style quiet drastically from 14th-15th century from something like this: (note: bascinets wasn't used without a wisor, because belive me they aren't that great for protection)

14th century

V.S.

15th century

a captain

plus in the 14th century they didn't used bucklers they used wodden shield and not two handed sword but onehanded or a hand-and-a half swords or morningstarts, warhammers etc etc...
    Last edited by tutankamon; 12-13-2005 at 21:50.

United on Earth Member al'Callaendor's Avatar

Default Re : LATE ERA Sneakpeak

very nice!
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,
    and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of
    Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet
    fall under the Shadow

Twice and twice shall he be marked,
    Twice to live, and twice to die.
    Once the heron, to set his path.
    Twice the heron, to name him true.
    Once the dragon, for remembrance lost.
    Twice the dragon, for the price he must pay.

14th century man-at-arms with equipment ( don't mind the cape )
    Last edited by tutankamon; 12-14-2005 at 06:49.

A last problem... your halbardiers look to much 14th century to be used for 15th century but all of you units are
    Last edited by tutankamon; 12-14-2005 at 06:50.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

The quality's certainly up to your usual standards; take your time, it's still looking fantastic!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr