Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to keep the late game interesting

From Asia live in South East Asia(SEA) country , Singapore

Default Re: AW: How to keep the late game interesting

only warrior dont turn on their master but non warrior like smuriai will !

Royal Pharoh of PTOLEMAIOI and Dictator Of Romani

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to keep the late game interesting

when it comes down to it i think historical accuracy could be sacificed to a certain extent if it meant better gameplay, keep lots of clans with 1 well-developed region each maybe (even if they werent historically around at that time) and the big clan could hav undeveloped countries

another idea, add clan specific japanese units in the late one, mostly for the clans with a disadvantage, though that would mean more work for you, anyway im sure the 70% domination could be scaled down to 50% without too many noticing ;)
    Last edited by Thermal; 11-25-2008 at 19:11.

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

I agree that there is a need to make it more difficult near the end, however, you don't want it to be so annoying that you just couldn't be bothered to finish the game. Maybe a bit more corruption to constrain revenue. The old STW "re emergence of faction" perhaps, if that can be arranged, as long as the armies aren't too large, since you can't teleport (ship) your armies the length of the country any more.

What you don't want is piles of extremely annoying rebels popping up all over the place, and you spending most of your time getting rid of them. Especially since there is so much forest, they could hide out there for decades and not be noticed.
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Sadly, what I wanted to do could be done in MIITW, namely open up Korea -> Beijing as a place to invade just for fun. Expand the map on the year when Toyotomi Hideyoshi. I would love to fight upstream against the Ming spam.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 11-30-2008 at 16:46.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12