Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod

Default Re: DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod

Quote Originally Posted by _mas_

If you want replace shield,this is a JPEG 256 col. 8 bit need to convert to bmp ...

1-Hospitallier
    2- "
    3- "
    4- Genoese Crossbowmen
    5- English Foot Knights
    6-Teutonic Order
    7-Teutonic Foot Knights
    8-Usable for Russian/Byzantine

Only a test on Druzhina, itsnt nice but need correctly scale it.......

Greetings

Mas

Nice shields, it'd be nice to use 'em, but I think the last one is a bit over the line heh
    It's like a whole unit of druzhina looted an hagiography workshop ;)
    BTW, there are indeed some shields who need scaling.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

hagiography? stop using word i dont understand

I think the inf with those shields look quite good :)

hmm i wont be on dux for amybe a week or so as i'v installed the xl mod so i can play single player campaign (which i have never tried before)

When you come back the patch will probably be available, even though I think that mods that don't require a new install work fine with DUX, but I haven't tried this out yet.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Just finished uploading the musicmod for dux to one of the mirrors: http://mizus.com/duxmusic
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Just finished uploading the musicmod for dux to one of the mirrors: http://mizus.com/duxmusic
    This is great, Tosa
    We 're quite indebted to you now

The pack is 93 mb, and it's easy to install. Thanks go to Silent-Faust for compiling this collection.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Clan Silent Assassins Member Faust|'s Avatar

Thanks, TosaInu, for uploading the music pack, its much appreciated.

About the Music Pack: Players who like the vanilla mtw music are sure to like the music pack, but others may want to consider that this pack was compiled by someone who preferred in the first place to play the game muted. The music used is classical (actually romantic and modern) and folk, and the compilation might even be, if it is possible, in the same spirit as the mod itself.

**NOTE: IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE MUSIC PACK BEFORE 1/27/06, then the file named VIKING MOBILZE 1 you will have to rename VIKING MOBILIZE 1. As you can see, there is an "I" missing in the original file name. The file must be renamed in this manner in order for it to be played.**

If you have any questions about installing or what music was used you can e-mail me at: jmenonf@hotmail.com. And I'd like to congratulate Alex and Buu on both the mod and its success , though I must say I think I'm still in VI barbarian mode.

I'd also like to add, after having played the mod in its different incarnations for at least 2 months or so, that it provides a great mtw experience by offering so many different VIABLE army configurations.
    Last edited by Faust|; 01-27-2006 at 02:16.

Hello my lovely Dux'ers !

Thanks to all who turned up to play these past few days. Last night we had by far the most people i've seen play the mod in one evening which is brilliant.

A small update regarding the next version:

I know I explained to you that the new patch would arive last week! . I am sorry that didnt happen and that things are taking a bit longer than expected. PhoenixMas has agreed to help us create some graphics for a few more new units we would like to add the mod :) So hopefully the extra wait will be worthwhile

See you all !

BuuKenshin
    [VDM]BuuKenshin

I'm kinda tempted to download Dux but I feel like not 'mastered' enough on regular mp gaming so I have to wait a while. I'll grab the music now though lol.

Hi Weebeast in all the time i have been playing VI i have noticed that that the main problem of new players is getting working army, now in DUX (which is meant to be played without any upgrades ) is esier to get one.
    ˝...then the Lord said, thou shalt not rush or thou shalt be crushed...˝ Book of Luke, Letter to N00bs
    Bow to me or the hippie gets it

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Thanks to all who turned up to play these past few days. Last night we had by far the most people i've seen play the mod in one evening which is brilliant.
    Seems those of us in the US are not getting with the program. Its hard to find a regular vi game here at night and never have I seen a dux game then.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 01-23-2006 at 00:39.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Seems those of us in the US are not getting with the program. Its hard to find a regular vi game here at night and never have I seen a dux game then.
    Well, I don't know what times you get on lately, but these days we get 3v3s and 4v4s either around 19-20 or about 22-24 GTM. Maybe we could make up a small list with playing times, dunno really hmm
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

We could also do it via MSN which we are more or less doing anyway.
    Last edited by SaintBlackAdder; 01-24-2006 at 12:50.
    ˝...then the Lord said, thou shalt not rush or thou shalt be crushed...˝ Book of Luke, Letter to N00bs

Again after 8pm here your lucky to find a game of VI nevermind Dux. Has VI died in the US?

Yep i think that is the case here, heh i guess there is a thing why it sucks to live in US .

Well Ive been checking in and out now for the last 2 hours. Only got in 2 1 on 1 s with a neophite. Not a soul on VI but 24 playing MTW. That doesnt say much for american taste in TW games. I cant for the life of me figure out why more like the game with the bugs and less units and eras. Its now 10:20 pm

Hi Gawain!

The time to be online is about 18.00 gmt - 24.00 gmt, sometimes later depending on the tiredness of people. Should be no problem to get either a vi or a dux game. I.E. exactly as Alex?? says.

Remember when you practised with Furi and I think it was Saint Cain a few days ago, that is the time to be online

Kalle
    Playing computer strategy games of course, history, got a masters degree, outdoor living and nature, reading, movies wining and dining and much much more.

The time to be online is about 18.00 gmt - 24.00 gmt,
    I never could figure that out. Whats that in real time? EST.

Remember when you practised with Furi and I think it was Saint Cain a few days ago, that is the time to be onli
    I think that was on a weekend. Im telling you no one plays VI other than some hunters after 8pm anymore. Its sux not dux thats played.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    I never could figure that out. Whats that in real time? EST.
    There are lots of time converters on the web - here's one:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...york/index.htm

Eastern Standard Time is five hours behind GMT.
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

And in order to compensate for the patch delay, here's a small preview of some new units,weapons and shields that Phoinix_Mas is preparing for the next version.

Here's the logo as well, in case you missed it;)

Last edited by L'Impresario; 01-30-2006 at 16:23.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

groovy

i finally got the mod, and had a few games in it over the weekend.

excellent work, and a good overall feel as far as rpc. everyone should play this mod!!!

i like the cost effectiveness of the scottish lowlanders unit, i always appreciated low cost units.

when you say no upgrades necessary, do you mean they're banned or because it throws the balance off? the one game i played with scottland, i upgraded the highlanders, cause they were dirt cheap and i still had a lot of money left over after selecting my army, again scotts seem really cost effective.

a few strange things i've noticed about the mod when swapping stats... i've had the gamestat converge on my game when switched back to plain old vi... i don't know if it was me or someone else, but it was well into the battle when i was dropped, usually it boots you right away. also in a quick battle in sp, again in plain old vi, some of the cmaa were loaded as 100 man units of pikes...

so...

i'm gonna re-install a copy of plain old vi so i don't have to swap between the two. it seems quicker just to reboot the entire game than switch the mod with the swapper, and hopefully eliminate any gamestat errors

Glad you're liking it Goat:)
    You happened to choose the faction with the most limited selection of troops, thus it makes people go for some upgrades. I think we'll work on the Scots a bit more, so you can use all your money , even without buying 1 RK and 4 FK. But historically they relied on those long spears and lowland bands, so the whole thing needs to be given some further thought.
    About upgrades in general, they can cause indeed ruin the balance. Javs,archers and most missile foot units can get upgrades for less money , and ,as we have already a small range of stats, they can get v1 for less than 100 florins and get +1 at & def, +2 mrl,therefore making mid cost units not worth it.OTOH high cost units will be challenged, because they cant get any upgrade for a reasonable florin amount.

So to make it short, valour, weapon and armour upgrades are not allowed, because they can create many balance problems and start making the game a math contest.

A few notes when using the modswitcher...
    Always quit VI and wait till the swapping is over, no matter how long it takes (usually its 90-140 secs). If this isn't done, some unit graphics will be messed up, as the folders with the original graphics and models won't be copied back and activated for normal play.
    A real issue does exist tho, that of getting dropped immediately after the game starts. We have identified the problem and it can be easily circumvented, we haven't had a drop due to this since many weeks now.
    I'll just say that when you take one of the new factions, make sure you don't change your colours, except if you choose a colour of the original factions.
    Ex. If you choose Georgians, then you should keep your own colour, or change to one of the original faction ones', like Almohads,Byzantines, HRE, English, French etc. DO NOT select a new colour, like that of the Crusader States, the Ilkhanate, the Venetians etc.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Is it possible to put a link just to the mod swapper as I cant find mine. Also is there a way to put on your desk top like the Samurai mods?

If you want to get the program, then you can dl it from TW Center:
    http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=687
    If you just want to know its location, then see this (also refers to shortcut creation, if I understood correctly what you wanted):
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Its long overdue, but its finally arrived. The new version of Dux ( 0,4 ) is complete and ready for public download yay .

TosaInu has again generously uploaded the mod directly the mizus clan server and you can get the new version on this link:

Make sure to view the readme file!

New features in this version include a huge amount of new graphics compiled by the talented and very persistent PheonixMas .
    Various tweaks to the stats to ensure that no one army combination can regularly dominate the field as is the case in VI2.01. There is also a fine selection of new units for you to use including 2 great new units for the (until-recently) underpowered scottish faction.

A big big thankyou to Mas for all his hard work, he is also in the process of constructing the official Dux web site ! where we can keep amongst other things, various hints and tip including a full list of stats for all the units in the mod. It is also somewhere we can organise, and keep all players informed of the upcoming 3v3 dux tournament we are planning for the next few months.

Have fun !
    Hope to see all of you online soon

[VDM]BuuKenshin
    Last edited by buujin; 03-06-2006 at 11:08.
    [VDM]BuuKenshin

Currently you can download the unit list from site, but not all units have been added. Don't forget to open the downloaded file with MSWORD, as the extension (.doc), apparently, has been deleted from the current file name.

When I get more time in my hands, I'll also try to upload some in-battle screenshots (maybe add them to the site).
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

For dont Forget....

Thank to Duke John for your unit graphics(all new unit graphics come from "Duke John Unit graphics pack",he is 3d modeller)and for your support.

Ok i hope you understand my zulu english...

hi mate dose this mod allreddy exsict or is it comming out soon ???

and are there somme screenshots of it and where cane i download it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast