Thread: Rome TW & WOT

Default Rome TW & WOT

I've talked to Myrddraal a bit via pm and I wanted to get all your opionons as well. First off GJ everyone on the dev team your guys rock!

I'm in the process of creating a tWoT text based game. I'm in the process of creating a world map to explore and wanted to take Rome TW mod a WoT map and take screenies to keep it simple. Myrddraal has told me it might be illegal to use screenies of the map for Rome TW. I don't plan on selling this game so I don't know if its the same issue. Anyways I don't know if someone has a better idea but to give you a sample of what i'm talking about go here

http://www.taraad.com/subhtml/sample/Explore.htm

If you wanna check out the main page

http://www.taraad.com/index2.htm

I'm just looking at some mapping solutions atm and the first link i a pretty good sample of what i'm looking @ doing. obivously the map doesn't function atm its mainly a screen shot of how it will look and feel and in no way is it the final project. anywas let me know your comments are appericated.

Thanks,
    Alric

Default Re: Rome TW & WOT

hmm text based eh? i might be interested in playing this...

as far as copyrights go... i have no clue really
    60+ new units – including the mighty Indian War Elephants, Persian immortals and Indian naked female archers.

I have got the ground types tga done but I can't get things to work from there if someone wouldn't mind helping me out please or pointing me in the right direction. I don't need cites or towns except the mininium to load the map and the same for everything else. Once I have this I can take me screen shots and finish creating the world map for the text based game.

here is the file if it helps

http://www.taraad.com/Alric/map_ground_types.tga

also the main page is up @

www.taraad.com

there is a link to our chat room if you would like to join here are more then welcome to come.

good to see ya Alric =]
    Drink water.

So Does anyone happen to have some suggestions?

It looks cool but if i should be honest... I don´t really get the idea..

Actually (Not to put you down or anything bro) there are a couple games out there like this one.

For the "Only" WoT MMORPG look at: www.gameofstones.com

and for a completly text base adventure try: www.wotmud.org

Both are fun games (WoTMUD owns!)

If you try it, drop a line to Stonl of the Illian Companions. I'd like to talk to any moddlers out there :D

Game of Stones is cool but tbh it sucks I'm looking for more of a RPG based adventure with way more user interaction. Oh well life goes on.

The game of stones link doesn't work for me it sends me to a completly different website
    You can have her back, Kinslayer. The Great Lord of the Dark can make her live again, if you will serve him. If you will serve me.
    -Ishamael