Thread: Faster building times?

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Faster building times?

Because I'm a lying, cheating sack of... poop, I'd like to reduce some of the building times so I can have faster campaigns. The insta-build cheat takes away too much fun, but neither do I want to wait eight years for some things. Four or five would be better (for me).

Any idea where I can mess with the stats?

Thanks.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Default Re: Faster building times?

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Because I'm a lying, cheating sack of... poop, I'd like to reduce some of the building times so I can have faster campaigns. The insta-build cheat takes away too much fun, but neither do I want to wait eight years for some things. Four or five would be better (for me).

Any idea where I can mess with the stats?

Thanks.
    Go to the MTW folder on your harddisk. It probably is C:\program files\total war\medieval - total war.

you'll see about 24 folders (battles, campmap,...) and some files. Open the crusader_build_prod13 file. It should be a simple txt file. It contains all the building related data. The 6th "column" is the building time. you can change it from 8 to 4 (or something similar)

Best to make a copy of the orginal file before you change anything, it's quite easy to screw things.

hope it helps.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Great!

Thank you for the quick answer.
    Unto each good man a good dog

I suggest you rather use the Gnome or DragonMTW editor, they organize the text files into something more readable.