Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you last have a fight?

Default When did you last have a fight?

Was reading a thread on this topic on another board I frequent and wondered if/when any .orgahs last had fisticuffs....

Mine was about 6 or 7 years ago. I'd been to visit my eldest son in his new house and was on my way back to work. I took a shortcut to the motorway through an industrial estate.
    Driving toward a pub I saw a car indicate to pull out. As I approached the guy pulls out right in front of me, in effect cutting me up. Hitting the horn and flashing my headlamps at full beam I applied my brakes, but other than rear-end him I swerved onto the other side of the road and overtook him.
    Looking in my mirror I could see this guy racing up behind me. I knew he wasn't a happy chappy as he was blaring his horn and he began to tailgate me.
    Next thing I know the guy is right up next to me trying to pull me over, rather in the manner of TV coppers.
    Thinking fast, I realized that if I didn't get out of the car quickly I would be a sitting duck with my seatbelt on.
    As we stopped I unclipped the seatbelt and opened the door even before the car had come to a rest. Jumping out I was just in time to see him run around his motor and swing a haymaker at me. Ducking away I kicked out, catching him on his shins. Then I hit him on his nose, and a general fracas ensued. As he was staggering around I smelt drink on his breath when he suddenly fell to the floor. I took the opportunity to jump back into my car and sped off. I memorized his number plate and drove to the nearest cop shop. Recalling the events to a young plod, he got on his radio to alert his fellow PC 99ers and that was that.
    Not big not clever, but you do have to defend yourself from time to time.

Anyone else recently had occasion to act like a 12 year old then?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: When did you last have a fight?

Two months ago, it doesn't really take that much to press my buttons. If you can solve it with violence why shouldn't you

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    Anyone else recently had occasion to act like a 12 year old then?
    I think the last time (fortunately) was when I actually was 12 years old ... Ok, perhaps I was 13 or 14 then (it was the typical schoolyard brawl then).

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

45-second bar-brawl 3 years ago. Guy wanted to slap his wife around - I showed him the door. He objected (physically), I insisted (physically). Done. No big deal.

The older I get, the fewer and more far between these incidents seem to happen. Me glad of that (sez the old geezer) :)
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Was reading a thread on this topic on another board I frequent and wondered if/when any .orgahs last had fisticuffs....
    I just wanted to say well spoken. I'm learning the Jargon so I can AVOID a fight in Yorkieshire.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Mine was about two years ago in the school's playing fields up the road. My friend and I decided to pass the time with a little violence.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Two years ago I punched a guy until he was bloody in his face. He deserved it... It was on the school bus btw.
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

couple of years ago.

Months ago, might even be approaching a year - me and my dad went through an even worse time than normal and it resulted in a few fights in a few nights.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Months ago, might even be approaching a year - me and my dad went through an even worse time than normal and it resulted in a few fights in a few nights.
    Time to get your own place. Haven't seen you here for a while mia muca!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Been there, done that. Come to think of it, I think the last time with me too, not counting the most pit at the Sodom concert or the accidental knee in the face I received while giving my friend's girlfriend a facewash.

I have fist fights with my brother all the time (the last one like 2 weeks ago max), my sister and mom not so much.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

I don't fight much as my temper doesn't so much fray as it does snap, and that's not nice at all You lose all thoughts of consequence and perspective, safer then to avoid the situation. Thankfully it takes a lot to get me riled.

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Last fight I had was when I was 18 - about 22 years ago. Standing in a movie line, someone decided it would be fun to push people into someone on crutcjes with a cast on their leg. After the second time that the knucklehead pushed someone into me - I asked him if he minds watching what he was doing. What was funny was he asked me if I was going to have my friends do something about it. That was when he got a smack to the privates with a crutch - and the statement. "No I am going to do something about it" Lucky for me he was just a bully and his buddies decided that I was not a fun target for their activities.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Some minor high school fights only, kid stuff.. Fortunately, I did not need it or I was not that much annoyed with someone.. I generally try to keep out of trouble, but you know sometimes it pops up in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    Last fight I had was when I was 18 - about 22 years ago. Standing in a movie line, someone decided it would be fun to push people into someone on crutcjes with a cast on their leg. After the second time that the knucklehead pushed someone into me - I asked him if he minds watching what he was doing. What was funny was he asked me if I was going to have my friends do something about it. That was when he got a smack to the privates with a crutch - and the statement. "No I am going to do something about it" Lucky for me he was just a bully and his buddies decided that I was not a fun target for their activities.
    That's a fight? Hardly a get together passes with me and my friends when someone isn't hit in the pills.

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoreBag
    That's a fight? Hardly a get together passes with me and my friends when someone isn't hit in the pills.
    Try it with only one usable leg, and just out of reconstructive surgey for your right knee. The knucklehead was looking for a victim to pick on - unfortunely I wasn't in a mood to play.

Was it a real knock down fight - no. But futher violence was extremely possible. But it makes for an amusing story.

Oh but you want real violence.

I got others exambles of situations where fighting would of resulted in my death, but instead taking the stance of show no fear but not looking for trouble happened to prevent the fight. (age 25) Latino gang chasing a teenager that happen to have a knife wound, that ran to my location where I was working on my mother's truck.

Or would you like to hear of the time that I choked holded an individual by placing my hand around his throat and lifting him up against the wall until, my buddies that were with me pulled me away. (age 21) Achocal induced violence between two people who were friends. He happened to hit me in the head with a beer bottle.

Or would you like to hear about the time I got stabbed because of a fight. (age 15) No big deal - I happen to get the better of the fight when I knocked him down and kicked him a few times in the ribs.

Or how about the time that I shot artillery rounds at Iraqi soldiers in 1991. Lots of blood and death associated with that one.

Or how about the three times my unit conducted Artillery Raids into Iraq with very little support. Ie we crossed the forward line of troops, went across the sand berm that was 20 foot high made by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iraq several years before the Invasion of Kuwait by Iraqi, going 10 kilometers into Iraq to raid deep into the Defensive positions of the Iraqi infantry.

Or how about going into the biggest damn quarry I have ever seen and watching the M1A1's engage T-60's not 200 meters from my location. Now that was an one sided fight.

Or how about a foot patrol through a bunch of trenches to make sure the area was secure for an occupation by the Field Artillery platoon I was in. A couple of booby traps were spoted but no enemy soldiers.

Or how about the time that I had my platoon open up on an Iraqi Infantry company because the knucklehead of a battalion commander gave a poor order prior to his going to talk to the Iraqi commander. (Desert Storm) You can actually read about the action (my part is omitted because it just a personal story of the bigger story) concerning the 1st Infantry Division where the Brigade commander told the Iraqi commander leave or die.

So how much violence would you like in a story about the last time I was in a fight.

I grew out of the necessity to demonstrate how much violence I am capable of long ago - facing death will often do that for you. But needless to say - your comment got a little raise of anger out of me.
    Last edited by Redleg; 01-26-2006 at 15:52.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoreBag
    You and your pals REALLY need to find something better to do....perhaps a hobby or something?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I am lucky to say, it was probably when I was about 12. And even then, it would have been trivial. I'm very grateful the only violence I encounter in daily life is on a computer or TV screen.

I am not sure why I have been so lucky - probably just leading a sheltered life, following the axiom of Frederic Forrest's character in the Apocalypse Now "Never get off the boat! Never get off the boat!".

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    You and your pals REALLY need to find something better to do....perhaps a hobby or something?
    It is a hobby, happy slap away :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Oh, don't be a wiener.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Never had a serious fight, some brawls in elementary school/ the first years of high school, but I never went all out.

One of the last times I *almost* got into a fight was when some idiot from my school started threatening me in a club, he said he could call 50 men to beat me up if he wanted to. I laughed in his face that he thought he needed 50 men to beat me up (he was probably in a much better shape than me at the time, not to mention 2 heads taller) and offered to step outside. He never bothered me since. Wuss.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

The Last serious fight i got into was about a year ago, a guy in my class kept shouting hints that i was fat, in fact one time he shouted "Ian;s fat" for the whole class to hear. Well by the end of the lesson i was pretty miffed, I walked up to him as he was going out, and said "What the **** is your problem?...." Pushed him over some tables then smacked him round the face....

I left with the comment "...I aint that fat"
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

I haven't fought one-on-one for a long time. Last time I had a good fight was back in middle school. I was probably about 14 or 15. It's hard to get a good noble fight these days. Either I'm too nice/understanding or my face is hidious.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianofsmeg16
    The Last serious fight i got into was about a year ago, a guy in my class kept shouting hints that i was fat, in fact one time he shouted "Ian;s fat" for the whole class to hear. Well by the end of the lesson i was pretty miffed, I walked up to him as he was going out, and said "What the **** is your problem?...." Pushed him over some tables then smacked him round the face....

I left with the comment "...I aint that fat"
    It would be nice if whoever in charge of the class smacked the kid around. Good job.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Hmmm. My last fight. Well, if you can call lying on the ground trying to cover your head and vital organs while three steroid-pumpers do their best to ruin their footwear by slamming it into you as hard as they can a "fight," then I'd say my last fight was about nine years ago.

Just had some bad luck. It was after the bars had closed, and I was at a late night restaurant having a bite to eat with two girls I had met earlier. Three very large guys at the table next to us were just looking for a fight, and who better to pick on than the well-dressed (one of my antagonists was wearing the large, baggy workout pants with Foghorn Leghorn on them which were considered haute couture among juice-monkeys at the time, topped off with a Gold's Gym wife-beater and charmingly accessorized with a black leather fanny-pack) smart-ass at the table next to them with two hot girls? I tried to laugh it off because I didn't like the odds too much, but they just got meaner and meaner and well, I already told you how it ended.

But the best part is that I ended up going home with one of those hot girls that night, while the deliverers of my ass-kicking had to run away from the police before going home alone to attempt to cajole their steroid-shrunken members into some sort of masturbatory pleasure.

The best revenge is living well...
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

'roid rage gits

*shakes fist*

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir
    It would be nice if whoever in charge of the class smacked the kid around. Good job.
    Why thank you

Unfortunatly teachers arent allowed to do that anymore, but he got what was coming to him. The interesting thing was that i was taken out of my next lesson for 'Bullying another member of the student body' half of the people in my class walked out and went to the head-teachers office to complain.

The Guy that insulted me got the detention instead
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

When I was 13. I don't think you really need to when you're an adult, except for the odd exceptional circumstance (like when someone attacks you). I'm not a total wus--I used to wrestle and have taken some Kung Fu, and on a good day I can bench about 250 or so--but I just don't see it as necessary. I have a couple of friends out here who get into fights routinely, but its often their fault and they could almost always have avoided them.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

I've broken up a number of fights where I work, but never had to take part myself. Which I'm glad about, I like my nose the shape it is.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast