Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RAN no Jidai

Default Re: RAN no Jidai

wooops and then I realised my email was spelled wrongly
    Tjeck the post again.

Kakare, kakare!

anny news on the progress? like do they know about how long? anything ? just curious for an aproximate time shouled we expect a release this year? this summer? thanks
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

I aslo want to know weather it will be done by this summer

Thumbs up Re: RAN no Jidai

Hi everyone, modders and fans.

I too greatly expect this mode (recetly found out about it) as I hope it will revive the interest for Japan, samurai and the specific samurai warfare in TW community. I found myself very attracted to all the above and Ran no Jidai is a new way to experience those legendary times.
    Maybe this will be a push for the "Shogun 2" idea.

I have a problem: for my taste the units moving speed in RTW is not appropriate or realistic. Things are happening too fast. There should be a realistic corelation betwen unit's size/type, terrain, distance in order to have a good gaming and the feel of a real battle in medieval Japan or Europe, or ancient Europe. You understand I go for realism.
    Have you considered slowing down the game, that is the units speed in walking, running etc.?

Screenshots look just great. I read it will probably be the best modd in TW history and I hope it will. It is one of the most expected for sure.

I'd be happy to help but I don't have any modding experience or particular skills of interest. I think I'll be a beneficiary.

Keep up!
    "Shogun forever" program
    Always available for
    Shogun TW MP
    and/or mods inspired by Shogun,

Default AW: RAN no Jidai

Sorry for not reading everything ;)

Is the current version playable? Seems not.. Is there a buildings (and depended build units) -map?
    Arigato!
    (btw: Is japanese working in this forum?)

Man, I've been waiting for a mod like this for years! Maybe I'll retire my old Shogun soon! But I've got a question for you: I've seen several mods that worked fine in the UK/US versions of the game, but I'm spanish and those mods didn't fit well with my version of the games. The question is: will Ran No Jidai work properly with my spanish edition RTW Eras? If it's possible, I'd like to offer my help translating from english to spanish all the text you use in the game. I have to say that I have no idea of modding, but if you send me the text on a Message, I'll translate it, so you can release a spanish version of this fantastic mod.
    Anyway, keep working like that, guys! You seem to be doing an amazing job with the conversion!

Oh, by the way, I forgot to ask you one more thing: Are you planning to make a M2TW version for Ran no Jidai?

PD: Sorry for the second post, i forgot to ask it on my previous one :P

Hi, sorry for the late answers, I joined the team only a few weeks ago and discovering the beauty right now ... Here we go for the questions :

Answer to moomo : there will be modifications to play in a more realistic way, but don't forget we're retrained but the game's core...

Answer to Lennstar : a part of the mod is already "part-playable" In fact, you can already play some custom battles, and the campaign map is really beautiful... I have an old "work in progress" version and I'm waiting for the latest one to give more news...

Answers to Elfenix : Can't tell. I have the french version of RTW/BI, and didn't encountered any problems until now... Our coders are focusing on the english version of the mod (which is already hard sometimes, as that english is not always their "mother language", and it's not mine either ). So I don't think the team will focus on a multi-language mod by now... The goal is primarily to have the best playable version as soon as possible...
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Thanks for the answers. I'm glad the team considers changing the gameplay for a more realistic performance. Some old Shogun players argued that the speed in RTW is not realistic (Puzz3D). Maybe you'll consider that.
    Keep up the good work. Thanks for doing this.
    "Shogun forever" program
    Always available for
    Shogun TW MP
    and/or mods inspired by Shogun,

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

I am drolling when i read this section for quite a time. i know it's a redundant question but...there is any term available? when this mod will be ready?
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

No problem Vlad, questions nicely asked always receive an answer

No release date now... There was a lot of progress in the last weeks, as you saw in the screenshots thread... And the new searchers/translators are also doing an amazing job... But there is still work on some parts of the mod, especially on the buildings modelling... So, in a few words... Release : sure ! When : don't know !

Default AW: RAN no Jidai

we stay waiting again
    Nom

Keep faith guys...

even if I don´t belong to the mod team,I think I can give an concrete answer to elfenix:
    as far as I know,there is only one difference between the eras versions:the booklet
    in my german version I have the choice which language I want,so there shouldntm be any problems with the versions

Oups, thanks Ujio, I missed Elfenix questions... Well, I can't be sure, but as I know, most of the team members have different versions of the WIP mod and it works well for all of us with our different versions (Eras, RTW+BI, english, french version...)

For the MTW2 version... Why not... But first objective is to finish BI version

I have an idea:when Ran no Jidai is released,people from different countries could translate the texts and so on for their languages
    If you use sound files and texts from shogun it would be much easier for them
    They made it this way in the "lord of the rings" mod for r:tw:fans translate the version for their countries

Good idea ! But be aware that translators will have tons to do... All the clans descriptions (a lot, as even the "rebels" clans have their history), traits, units description and so... For the RNJ team, I think we will only take care of the english version... As the team already spoke half a dozen language

yeah,I know,but I think it could be a tribute to the team to translate their mod...when its released,fans with much time could do this...I think I could translate the hole texts into german,but sure,it needs some time

Hi, I just want to say that this mod is the best gaming news I've read for quite a long time, I've been waiting for something like this for years!!! Bravo and thank you!

Some questions: To what extent are inspired by STWE? How is the 4tpy system going to work, that is, differentiated seasons, tax income only in autumn, etc. like in STW? Are you going to reinforce the terrain and weather effects as in old STW?

Thank you and keep on the good work. I'm quite sure a lot of the vets will be quite happy about this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijontichy Watanabe
    Hi, I just want to say that this mod is the best gaming news I've read for quite a long time, I've been waiting for something like this for years!!! Bravo and thank you!
    Thank you very much and welcome in our forum !

Quote Originally Posted by Ijontichy Watanabe
    Some questions: To what extent are inspired by STWE? How is the 4tpy system going to work, that is, differentiated seasons, tax income only in autumn, etc. like in STW? Are you going to reinforce the terrain and weather effects as in old STW?

Thank you and keep on the good work. I'm quite sure a lot of the vets will be quite happy about this mod.
    The main fact I heard for years about STW is that people really felt being in Japan Sengoku Era (and it was my feeling as well)... Find a veteran player of Total War and ask him about Shogun, you will nearby always see a small mysterious smile on his face... We want to re-create this...

For the 4TPY, it will be 3 normal season layout and 1 winter layout in the campaign map... There will be tax income every turn (to reflect commercial taxes, frontiers taxes and so...) maybe with one major income at the end of the "fields collect"...

For the terrain/weather, do you mean the famous "Hurricane in Totomi,... no tax income this year..." If so, yes there will be major disasters... And we'll code them on the year and place they happened... Like "1596 - Earthquake in Kyoto - 50000 deaths...

Last edited by Seijitai; 06-01-2007 at 08:09.

I know you must get this from everyone but this mod looks absolutely incredible. I started with shogun a few years ago but went back to playing it the other day and I just didn't get the rush that I used to when i massacred an army of heavy cavalry...I'm looking forward to that rush again, especially with all those meticulously designed samurai, they look incredible! I'll be checking the site every day until it's released...then no-one will se me for a few weeks as I remain locked up in my room conquering Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by microhenry
    I know you must get this from everyone but this mod looks absolutely incredible. I started with shogun a few years ago but went back to playing it the other day and I just didn't get the rush that I used to when i massacred an army of heavy cavalry...I'm looking forward to that rush again, especially with all those meticulously designed samurai, they look incredible! I'll be checking the site every day until it's released...then no-one will se me for a few weeks as I remain locked up in my room conquering Japan!
    Thank you very much !!! You'll love it, for sure ! There should be a really good news (not a release, but a major problem solved) this week, so stay focused !

Any news on how the team is getting over that huge problem? Enjoying Europa Barbarorum at the moment, just discovered the wonders of mods Argh, waiting for this mod is like waiting for Christmas.....c'mon santa, bring me RAN no Jidai this year! lol. Keep up the good work!

Any news on how the team is getting over that huge problem? Enjoying Europa Barbarorum at the moment, just discovered the wonders of mods Argh, waiting for this mod is like waiting for Christmas.....c'mon santa, bring me RAN no Jidai this year! lol. Keep up the good work!
    Yeah, a major problem is solved... We have a 3D building modeller fro Ran no Jidai... Wundai is now working on the various buildings for the mod...

Okay I need some info from the guys who did the majority of the work on converting the factions to clans so that I can develope some of my ideas for Character Traits. I need to know about how we handled cultures with relation to each clan and how rebels are done (are they all Ikko/are they all minor clans/ a mixture?). From what I've seen from my time following and working on this mod it's a mixture but I want to be sure about it. Post here or PM me, I'm not bothered but I need to know for definate.

*Currently working on Ran no Jidai*

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

Who-frickin-a. I accidentally stumbled over this sub-forum and I so glad I did. I am a huge fan of feudal Japan. Great looking mod!

oooooooooo 3d models!!!!!! I'm expecting great things for the siege battles then :) how large can the cities get? up to citadels? and will the sieges be more like in RTW or Shogun.....I enjoyed running spartans through the streets of Rome but charging Yari Samurai through the streets of Kyoto would be much more fun keep going guys!

charging Yari Samurai through the streets of Kyoto would be much more fun keep going guys!
    And that's exactly what you 'll do...

For the city size, I don't know it yet (didn't saw the map settlement) but they should have enough place to have a close streets-fights...

coolio, looking forward to it :) and how about the awesome units, like Urban Cohort in RTW, Spartans, Armoured War Elephants...what will the battle winners be like? Will we see the return of the incredible bridge holder, unit decimator, and general killer more commonly known as the Kensai? And gunpowder units, arquebusiers? Canons?

And one final thing...the Ninja...assassination videos?

At boarding school atm...RTW and this forum is just about keeping me sane in the week after exams

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

what about the castles and fortress?

in feudal japan, there was numerous fortifications. in RTW every province has a single castle. it is any possibility to have more castles per province or will use the construct fort ability from rtw?
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast