Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RAN no Jidai

Default Re: RAN no Jidai

To microhenry :

Sorry no Kensai... This unit was too powerful and no accurate at all... But you'll have some others powerful units like the No Dachi and so...

Also, no cannons, but a few different units with arquebuses...

For the ninjas... Yes ! There is a limitation on the number of different videos to show, but they'll be ingame...

To Vlad:

Correct, 86 provinces so 86 castles/cities... About the forts, we are looking on it... But a part of the forts are harcoded limitations... If we can do more than the RTW forts system, there will be some surprises... It will all depend of the limitations Kagemusha encounter while coding...
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

This looks like an very well done mod. I have been yearning for an updated Shogun:TW for a while and this looks excellent.

Is it nearly ready apart from the buildings?

Just a few units 3D models to do, some coding, units cards (400 out of 900 done, arghhhh) and so... So, close, NO, but well progressing ? DEFINITELY YES

Default Re : RAN no Jidai

hi from an old fan, I won't ask you the "when will it be ready?" question, 1 year and half i'm witing, 2 months more won't kill me...
    But i wondered what you have got left to do... I fought it could be cool if one of you just posted a list of what's left. Just to know, so as we won't go wondering if it will be alive one day but just look at the percentages growing...

Lol, keep up the great work, We trust in you guys!

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

Wouldn't the fortress issues be solved if you made Ran No Jidai for MTW2? ;D

...but that would mean a whole lot more work for us to do and, given that this project has been going for two years or something, I think really we just want to focus on getting a playable version out on BI before we consider anything else.

*Currently working on Ran no Jidai*

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

If I had a first born I would sacrifice him to play this. I absolutely cannot wait.

Member Member Akeichi Mitsuhide's Avatar

Ive been looking at Battles of Asia and they have a sort of roster which says how many percent is ready of that faction. Could you do that sometime perhaps?
    I think that Nobunaga never wanted to be at Hounnoiji

Difficult as there is more parameters than in BoA (I'm talking about their first release project) We concentrate on both battles and campaign map... So there is parameters like the map, traits, ancillaries, history, diplomacy, trade,... that we have to look into... But the mod is definitely progressing really well right now...
    Last edited by Seijitai; 07-15-2007 at 16:37.

Seijitai you forget sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Tenshin
    yes true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Tenshin
    Of course, huge job and really important part of the mod too ! I wanna hear the "hey hey oh" battlecry !

Are you going to include original music, the Shogun Total War music, or "other" (movies or something) for Ran No Jidai?

im not in the team but ive read that yes they will use the YO HO HO YO HOOOO!!!!musice part

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic
    If I had a first born I would sacrifice him to play this. I absolutely cannot wait.
    BAD MAN!! lol BAD BAD MAN :P!
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-

Hayabusa just joined us to take care of the musics/sounds and SFX ... Shogun sounds and music will be included... For other musics and so, we have to watch over the copyrights for these musics... If we can find a free of rights traditional music, like the music of a No Theater or so, maybe will we put it in game...

i am one of the oldest players and funs of this game ,and ofc STW from its beginning ..And im happy to see that this project didnt die.Nowdays i play MTW2 and waiting the release of RNJ , that will be along with my 1st child born, the 2 most long expecting loves in my life.
    sorry if my english are poor ,but im only greek...
    Better to rule in Hell / Then to serve in Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Arioh
    i am one of the oldest players and funs of this game ,and ofc STW from its beginning ..And im happy to see that this project didnt die.Nowdays i play MTW2 and waiting the release of RNJ , that will be along with my 1st child born, the 2 most long expecting loves in my life.
    sorry if my english are poor ,but im only greek...
    Thank you for your kind words Arioh.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Eufarius
    im not in the team but ive read that yes they will use the YO HO HO YO HOOOO!!!!musice part
    Sweet.

Shogun music is fine, I just hope the voices for the units will be new. The old Shogun ones are too lo-fi.

I think all the music and sounds of the original Shogun was awesome. Effects sounds could be polished to increase overall quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma
    I think all the music and sounds of the original Shogun was awesome. Effects sounds could be polished to increase overall quality though.
    yeah. Also are the commands, you know in the battle map going to be in Japanese?

Hi, just for you to know. Many people are reading these thread as I did and never post.
    But I can assure you that I am following this thread for more than a year. I am very glad to see that you are developping Shogun 2 total war, my favorite ones in total war eras regarding the background. The work you've done is huge and looks great, I hope that this mod will be out after the rugby world cup, when my wife left for a month, , so I will be able to play all night long without any shame. Or just a little...

Keep on this amazing work and domo aligato gosai machita...

Quote Originally Posted by Eufarius
    yeah. Also are the commands, you know in the battle map going to be in Japanese?
    Most of them, yes... We are also planning to have the soldiers shout "ROMA VICTOR" but with a japanese tone . No, seriously, most of the sounds present in Shogun will be present in RNJ...

@ Sysyphe : thanks for your comments... We'll do our best for it...

Oda Nobunaga"ROMA VICTOR"

hahaha that'd would be funny and thanks for answering my posts.

@ Sysyphe : welcome to the forums mate!

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

The only complaint, if it can be called that, is that the Maeda Clan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maeda_clan) aren't a playable faction. Other than that, everything sounds GOOD!
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Member Member Akeichi Mitsuhide's Avatar

Well, if you look at historical lists of Oda officers, they were filled with Maeda members like Toshiie.
    I think that Nobunaga never wanted to be at Hounnoiji

Wink Re: RAN no Jidai

RAN no Jidai - Thousands of brave samurai (and ashigaru) fighting for there great lord ...

Since my new pc does not run Shogun properly i`m forced to play on the old pc ... well when this mod comes out there will be a lot`s of red fields in Japan again .. on the new pc ... can`t wait

by the way thanx for making this mod !
    "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
    One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
    One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle."

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akeichi Mitsuhide
    Well, if you look at historical lists of Oda officers, they were filled with Maeda members like Toshiie.
    Yeah, they did get their start as Oda vassals, but they are my favourite clan, and they were even the second largest by income during the shogunate, when most of the previous prominent clans got cut down drastically.
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

When is this mod going to be released?

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raikage666
    When is this mod going to be released?
    I think absolutley everybody from here, including modders, are curious about that
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast