Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: RAN no Jidai

Default Re: RAN no Jidai

Hello Harkonnen :) Sorry to disapoint you but the timescale will say as it is and movements to, Japan is a small country and army movements were quick and sometimes unpredictable. If it turns out unplayable, it'll be tweaked, but that's not an issue now. I also think writing a 6turns per Year script will be more complicated, as unlike M2TW, RTW you can't easily change the timescale. I hope you understand.

Ok, I understand you perfectly. With four turns per year (as in EB mod) will be ok (only you need take more care with your far neighbors (because is possible that their armies can take your cities with more movement in one turn) this will extend the strategy in the game (more factions can make you damage in the game). Good, it like me.
    My true name I would never let known. Know enough that I have broken many enemies, and cast them down into an abyss of torture and suffering. And it pleases me.

Rudhma (actual name unknown), a bandit/warchief of Ynys Manaw; Cycle of Telam

Question Re: RAN no Jidai

Is this mod gone come out anytime soon, cause I know lots of people that were waiting for it but their patiente is really put to a test here.
    Last edited by moomo; 05-20-2008 at 18:40.
    "Shogun forever" program
    Always available for
    Shogun TW MP
    and/or mods inspired by Shogun,

Going to have to ask those people to have more patience then, there are enough things to do on this beautiful earth while waiting for RNJ, and in that time we will be continueing our work on the mod
    Last edited by Wundai; 05-20-2008 at 21:22.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai
    Going to have to ask those people to have more patience then, there are enough things to do on this beautiful earth while waiting for RNJ, and in that time we will be continueing our work on the mod
    One might say however, that there are more things to do on this beautiful earth than to work on RNJ! (and thus you lot would be living it up on a tropical island whilst we are stuck here waiting for RNJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Heh that could well be so, since we do this project in our free time
    So that means when we're busy we can't work on it, and when we just want to play games like you lot we have the right to play them too

But in essence there are many ways to wait, I'd say just check the forum from time to time since there won't be many updates coming in the near future, reason: (read the buildings thread)

Oh yes and ofcourse enjoy the sun when it shines in your area

Hmm this is good as place as any for this:

A Progress Update: (couldn't put this in the buildings thread cause they're not :P )

Wlesmana has made some awesome Japanese Ship Models for the mod, that we are showcasing today :) with his permission:

A Japanese Warship.

A Kentoshi ship.

This is what the ships look like in campaign map:

Awesome, I suppose there's going to be more than just two warships though, yeah?
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Oeh such late answering on my part. I suppose so mate, but not in the first beta :)

Hey, another update from another front I kept from you, since I waited for Maxmus to finish the last model, but because of 'communication' not much happening there.

So here you have it, now we have all seen the lords who were struggling for the rule of Japan (Takeda,Uesugi,Tokugawa etc.)
    But ofcourse there was also need for Daimyo's to control the provinces of Japan.

And so 8 Daimyo Models were made by "Maxmus" and now displayed here with his permission :) (and one more to go)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Wundai; 03-02-2009 at 17:30.

Ooohhhh yes, it´s very good . Now we can see our daimyo in the battle... and make a duel with another daimyo.
    My true name I would never let known. Know enough that I have broken many enemies, and cast them down into an abyss of torture and suffering. And it pleases me.

Rudhma (actual name unknown), a bandit/warchief of Ynys Manaw; Cycle of Telam

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

thank you very much Wundai!

those looks awesome! can we have something more? like a bigger screenshot from the map?
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Afraid not my RNJ install is corrupted so I cannot make screens from ingame, only my buildings which are on a seperate feature :P

For some reason, I can't see the images you posted. All I see is "."

It's no problem though, I would rather be surprised when I install this game.

Thats odd, the spoiler dont seem to work in the Guild, but the pictures are still displayed for the others, and me just now, odd that you cant see them

Hey everyone, I have to be honest with you we would have liked to release this mod in 2009, that time has passed now(good thing we didnt set a release date ey :P )

At least I can assure Ran No Jidai WILL see its release in 2010

Happy New Year Everyone!

Wow... an official release date. *sarcasm*

Sorry, but skepticism is the first thing that comes to mind with Ran No Jidai.
    Haha, jokes. I'm glad that is confirmed Wundai. Thanks so much for relaying info to the org, I assume most of the news is at the center, correct?

Well... its more active around there, so when people ask question out there and I answer, there might be more information available over there :)

I understand you skepticism by the way, its been 5 years. I would feel the same ;)

At least we're moving ahead now with the Beta :)
    Last edited by Wundai; 01-01-2010 at 18:21.

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

Well, it is good to hear about progress!
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Thanks ;)

Hello Guild Fans, there is news concerning the mod in the Progress List/Thread.

You can discuss the news here if you like, I've closed the Thread itself, reasons are stated.

Check it out

Oh man, great updated... with this progres, soon we will see the campaign itself... no doubt.
    Keep up the good work. ;)

Campaign might take a little longer, but the rest of the elements are coming along nicely :)

Btw check the forum a bit more frequently this/next week ;)

Reason: "unspecified"
    Last edited by Wundai; 01-19-2010 at 14:49.

Thumbs down Re: RAN no Jidai

Like the Beta, played the Takeda, looking forward to the campaign mode when it comes out. I have waited a long time as have we all...
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

Wish my brother hadn't absconded with my RTW and skipped town. Hopefully I can get it back soon so I can play RnJ!
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Long time since anyone posted here, I actually thought this forum dead, which is why all the news happens over at TWC. heh

My kingdom for anyone who can tell me how to get Ran no Jidai 2.0! No download mirrors work for me!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the .Org .

I am afraid that the .Org's Ran no Jidai forum has been abandoned. Try the TWC one: it's still active, so the download links are probably up to date.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567