Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Preview thread

Default Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Wow, these models and skins all look so fantastic but there is one thing I find a little iffy...and that is the english knight's helmets...a little out of place for the period arent they? Reminds me of the movie LadyHawke

Maybe a bascinet, warhat or conical helmet with aventail should be used as a replacement?

But again these are all so fantastic, I dont even know where to begin with the praises :D

You are truly bringing the crusades to life. I can not wait for this to be released!

Defender Troll Member Revolting Friendship's Avatar

These are some of the best looking units I've seen. I've been inspired, thanks for sharing your wonderful work!
    lol

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Very good looking, not a flaw to be seen!

I'm trying to "sell" my Wars of the Roses scripting concept to anyone capable of finishing it and since this project focuses on just 2 factions would you be interested in it? It features a scripted strategic AI, M:TW or R:TW style of strategic movement. All battlemaps can be custom made. No siege battles but that will save you on creating new buildings, just abstract sieges to a several turn action. Recruitment of armies can be made pretty much whatever you like. Techtree or something more real and fitting to the period. The strategic UI is completely removed, everything happens on the strategic map itself.

To make it a bit more clear:

The player can select an army that he controls. (Do not mind the 3 armies at the bottom they are for debugging purposes and will be invisible during normal play)

Doing so will pop up the advisor telling him that he can now select an enemy army, unoccupied tile, etc.

An enemy army has been selected which pops up another advisor text telling him that a battle will be fought.

Pressing the Show Me button will launch the player directly into the scripted battle.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work!

Cheers,
    Duke John

interesting concept Duke John. But not the one for the crusades I think.

Its been awhile since a preview. Today we revisit the crusaders, with a refresh skin of the Templar Sergeants.

Templar Sergeants

These men, although not knights, are strong and disciplined infantry armed with a spear and large kite shield. They wear padded armor for protection and will fight with the intensity and ferocity.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Grandmaster of the Temple Member Martimus's Avatar

I don't mean to nitpick, but shouldn't all templar units be bearded ? I've read that was a requisite after joining the Order. I'm not sure if i'm right in saying this, maybe it was not enforced, or maybe those units are not actual members of the Order, but soldiers under the command, or in the employment of the Knights Templar (Since at one point there were only 9 members of the Knights Templar, and they weren''t recruiting for a period of time. Nine knights to defend all the pilgrams traveling to the Holy land :S) Can you shed some light on this ? I love your work, btw, as i've said before and am saying again :D
    Last edited by Martimus; 03-22-2006 at 09:45.

Back to the saracens...

Turkish Ghulams

Heavy cavalry of the Seljuq Turks, this cavalry is stronger but slower then its Ayyubid counter part. They are more than a match for any cavalry the Crusaders can throw at them.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 03-25-2006 at 16:02.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

awsome, I really want to play this mod!

Ya Misr!

Shouldnt the templar sergeants be clothed in black with a red cross?
    Like this:

That was the uniform of sergeants of the Templars.

Like im wetting my pants right now because this is so cool!!
    Cant wait! must have!
    Good job, it looks frickin awesome.

Incredible

After a long dry spell we have a new preview today!

Sudanese Javelinmen

Light armed troops from Sudan. These men have no armor and fight only with a clutch of javelins. Don't expect them to stand long against any foe, but use them well in the opening moments of a battle and you may be able to swings the odds into your favour.

sweet....so sweet.....

Ya Misr!

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

amazing. I can't wait to play this mod. The pics are all superb! Keep up the fantastic work!
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

Has hell frozen over!?! Are pigs sprouting wings and flying!?!

Its ANOTHER preview!

Sudanese Infantrymen

Your typical infantrymen. Lightly armed with a lance and kite shield, they will be of little use on the open battle field but will make excellent garrison troops.

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

(said in heavy new yorker accent)

like butta, gorgeous
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

Todays update we begin looking at Syrian units...

Kurdish Ghulams

Like all the Ghulams of the Saracen armies these horsemen are heavily armed with a long spear and a full mail hauberk. They strike with lighting speed and incredible power and very few can stand their ferocious charge.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Wow, the Ghulams look sweeeet&tasty! They were a hell of an enemy for the Crusaders!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

My my, you're like some amazing conveyer belt, constantly producing quality graphics.....

Todays Preview

Hashishin

They are the finest assassins in the Islamic world, striking fear into the hearts of any foe that comes against them. These men are some of the finest archers the saracens can field. Eventhough they lack numbers on the battlefield their skill with bow and scimitar make them an almost unstoppable force.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Them Hashisihn look nice! Dangerous P-heads! I know science pretty much proofed they didn't use drugs...but still i kinda like the idea....For which faction will they fight?!?
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Probably for the Islamic one, I think Caius only has two factions.
    I suppose they´re much like the Rome Arcani on steroids - able to hide everywhere and armed with (armor-piercing?) bows.
    I´m not much a user of special units, the game engine makes them somewhat tough to handle, but I like the idea of them a lot.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subedei
    For which faction will they fight?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    These men are some of the finest archers the saracens can field.
    Must admit that the wonderful screenshots are a bit distracting

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    Probably for the Islamic one, I think Caius only has two factions.
    I suppose they´re much like the Rome Arcani on steroids - able to hide everywhere and armed with (armor-piercing?) bows.
    I´m not much a user of special units, the game engine makes them somewhat tough to handle, but I like the idea of them a lot.

Pretty much bang on. They also have the terrorize attribute. And I'm still tossing around the idea of multiple hit points. Mostly for the reason of unit size. With only one and being outnumbered heavily they will rout or be cut down too fast.

Just because I'm feeling extra generous today I think I'll post two previews

Nizari

Skilled archers and swordsmen in their own right, they were also a religious order skilled in the use of fear and violence for political manipulation and to advance their radical Islamic theology. They would recruit Gazi, Mutatawi’ah, and Hashishins to help them spread their radical ideas or just kill you themselves.

Kumah Cavalry

Also known as Veiled Horsemen, these men are mostly Kurds and fight in the same style as the Kurdish Ghulams. They are armed with a lance, a wooden round shield and wear full-length hauberks. They are called veiled horsemen for the mail veil they wear into battle.

Last user of scythed chariots Member Spendios's Avatar

Top quality work as always !!

Hell must have frozen over, 'cause here comes another preview

Syrian Heavy Infantry

These infantrymen are covered in armor and are the very definition of heavy infantry. They wear a full suit of chainmail as well as a leather lamellar cuirass while carrying a small round shield. They wield a short sword similar to the roman weapon of ages past. They will form the back bone of any Syrian army and are well suited to hold any position in the saracen line.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 04-28-2006 at 22:57.

If it were biologically possible, I would have your babies.

Not a particularly exciting unit today

Ghazi Infantry

These men are the religious fanatics of the Saracens, they are only armed with a shield, axe, and their faith. Although lightly armed they are fierce warriors and would rather fight to the last man then surrender the field of battle to the infidels.

Salaam Aleikum! Awsome screens. Just a reminder, the Hashishin and Nizari were Shi'a. Ghazi was Sunni.

Ya Misr!

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast