Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3400

Thread: Movie Review Thread

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Movie Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    To be fair... the anime wasn't very good anyways not surprised hearing that the movie wasn't very good.
    Hmm. I've seen some episodes, and I have to disagree.

Anyways, I just saw Elite Squad, a much better than it sounds movie from Brazil about the elite police in Rio de Janeiro (8 stars at imdb).

Far, far, from the corny action flick you might expect with that name, it's actually an intense look at the interaction between the police and drug dealers in Rio de Janeiro. A very good film.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post

Anyways, I just saw Elite Squad, a much better than it sounds movie from Brazil about the elite police in Rio de Janeiro (8 stars at imdb).

Far, far, from the corny action flick you might expect with that name, it's actually an intense look at the interaction between the police and drug dealers in Rio de Janeiro. A very good film.

CR
    Hmmm... then I guess I'll give it another go.
    And if you liked that you might want to check out Restrepo. It's about an American outpost in the Korengal Valley in Afghanistan.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Triangle: 7/10

This movie divided by zero a few too many times for me. Still kinda interesting.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Spiderman, an absolute joy. Part deux here I come

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

CR
    ill agree with this review. i rented Elite Squad last night, and was very pleased with it, though i do think some things could have been fleshed out, and some things left me unsatisfied.
    but overall a great, great movie.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Almost Famous. Pretty decent. Some good dialogue.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Blog Entries

I recently watched Brick, which is basically an old style noir movie set among highschoolers. Pretty darn good.

It isn't a high school movie; the characters just happen to be high school students. We don't see any teachers or classrooms or homework worries.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Spidey spidey! Spiderman 3, best of them. Hollywood at it's finest, full of action, humor and drama. Lovable hero and Kirsten Dunst is a great love interest with that delicious baby-fat of hers.

Despicable Me a 3.5/5.

Pros:
    Funny film, great animation.

Cons:
    Strange voice acting by Steve Carrell. He exactly like Mike Myers so why don't you just get Mike Myers?
    Plot progression a little slow and somewhat predictable.

Inception = Awesome... which is the Matrix on Acid. 10/10

The A-Team = A comedy with action wrapped around it. 9/10

Inception is a must watch and I plan to see that a second time and The A-Team is a good action movie that I could say is worth a watch as well.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Inception = 9/10

It was kind of like The Matrix, with much better acting. Who would have though after Titanic that Leonardo Dicaprio would turn out to be such a good actor?

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    Inception = 9/10

It was kind of like The Matrix, with much better acting. Who would have though after Titanic that Leonardo Dicaprio would turn out to be such a good actor?
    My friend said it was the Matrix on acid hahaha And yeah right?? Quite surprising. His last 4 or so movies have been really good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    Inception = 9/10

I still can't stand but that's because I'm in love with his wife. But yeah great actor, even talks normal in interview instead of a girly member of a boyband

edit: Opera, not Argento's greatest but a good movie nonethteless. Incredibly cool camara-work and thankfully not his usual sadistic scenes, get with the tension already bravo. An absolute recommendation for horror(and Opera I'm not one of them) fans.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-21-2010 at 19:45.

Blog Entries

Just saw Inception.

A great film.

Saw Hard Candy recently as well. That was intense, and kept your attention, and it's good, but not great. Sociopaths are scary.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

dang, i really want to see Inception, but have no time. between Football (not SOCCER, everyone outside of america) and moving in, havent had time to do anything really. but i WILL see this movie, i dont caer what i have to do!!!!

on a side-note, I'm going to a Styx concert on the 14th. Mr. Roboto costume here i come!
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Saw Hard Candy recently as well. That was intense, and kept your attention, and it's good, but not great. Sociopaths are scary.

CR
    Really good film.

I'm also really interested in seeing Inception should be seeing it soon.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

dang, i really want to see Inception, but have no time. between Football (not SOCCER, everyone outside of america)
    YES GOOD BOY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    YES GOOD BOY!!!!!!
    says enough really think of it. In the end it's about not trying to bump into eachother, had to become a sport at some point.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

^ lol what? No seriously i dont follow.

anyway i feel bad about not posting a review. Just saw public enemies, the movie about john dillinger. Pretty good i personally enjoyed it because my moms from Chicago and ive spent alot of time there.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Cool Re: Movie Review Thread

Hah! A sight for sore eyes.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Waltz with Bashir, it's a piece of art, a movie this intelligent and stylish is sadly so very rare. 11/10

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Spidey spidey! Spiderman 3, best of them. Hollywood at it's finest, full of action, humor and drama. Lovable hero and Kirsten Dunst is a great love interest with that delicious baby-fat of hers.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

So I watched Memento. My brother said we watched it before, but I don't remember it. Confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Are you serious? I mean? Really? You... you... you liked.. it? Wow, I think life is complete, someone actually likes Spiderman 3.
    Last edited by naut; 07-26-2010 at 08:25.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    So I watched Memento. My brother said we watched it before, but I don't remember it. Confusing.

Are you serious? I mean? Really? You... you... you liked.. it? Wow, I think life is complete, someone actually likes Spiderman 3.

the second coming is here! Repent! Repent your sins! REPENT! THE END IS NEAR!!!!
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    What's so bad about it, all the fun and some more of it.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Oh hey, i forgot we had one of these threads - lemme see what was the last movie I saw?

Oh yeah I saw Iron Man 2 not too long ago. Overall I liked it but around the middle I had a really awkward moment, it came when I realized how bored I was watching the movie. I'm not sure how it is that someone, either a film-maker or an author, can have characters do something without actually... doing anything! There was a point where I just wanted to scream DO SOMETHING at the screen but I couldn't because I was in a theater and I didn't wanna look crazy(i)er.

What carried the entire movie was without a doubt Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark, he looked even more at home in the role than before and was a treat to watch. Without him this franchise would be a complete loss.
    Last edited by Monk; 07-26-2010 at 16:37.

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Inception - 8/10.

Good, solid movie....but not the masterpiece a lot of the fanboys are hailing...

Pros - Good "visuals", interesting premiss to the story.
    Cons - Other than the main character none of the other characters are correctly developed, at 2h30 minutes this a bit too long.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

The Dark Knight remains awesome, but after seeing it the second time I really want two-face not to be dead. He turns out to be even more sinister than the joker, a great villain with an apropiate musical theme emphasising the growing desperation. Awesome movie one of the best ever, but you can't help feeling it could have been even better with some more character development. Can't wait for the next one.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exam 4/10
    hated the ending. Everything else was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Mother and Child. Chick flick about how life is a journey and birth is a wonderful experience.

Some good acting but the basic message was "men are nice, women are...complicated" with some irritating steroetypes thrown in: magic hispanic man showed up (he's related to magic black man but he's less jokey and more caring), forceful black momma had multiple incarnations "girl, you betta sumfin sumfin sumfin or I'll sumfin sumfin sumfin yo ass!", well-meaning nun did her usual damage, and unwed mother got to suffer. Again and again. Especially sexually adventurous unwed mother, boy that girl never wins.

The more I think about it the worse it gets. What a crap movie. Wish I saw Inception, apparently it has machine guns.
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast