Thread: BI Q: White Huns?

Default BI Q: White Huns?

I was in the bi file section looking at victory and losers videos when suddenly in the loser video White Huns! It had a white horse head as the symbol. Can any one explain this to me?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: BI Q: White Huns?

A faction, probably an "emergent", that never made it to the release version. There's skins and all for them too in the files.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Post Re: BI Q: White Huns?

wat kind of faction is that anyway. white huns......ha!

A historical one. "White" Huns are also known as Hephthalites, and bugged the Sassanid northern frontier for quite a while. How much connection they had to the "Black" Huns that went westwards to Europe is a matter of some debate not helped one bit by the usual dearth of written accounts - like virtually all nomads they weren't too keen on writing stuff down, and I understand decent sources on even the Sassanids themselves are scarce indeed.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

Thumbs up Re: BI Q: White Huns?

thats nice to know. now that it's historical it should be in BI!

*shrug* Yeah, well... Maybe CA just ran out of time and/or faction space ? That the skins and all were done would seem to suggest they were developed to fairly near complete implementation. Beats me why they were then left out.

They maybe didn't feel like extending the map eastwards so that the provinces the Hephtalites should be in could be there.
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

Whimsysmith & Designy Bloke CA Captain Fishpants's Avatar

CA Re: BI Q: White Huns?

Well, the development process is just that: one of development. In this case BI went through quite an intense phase of having ideas considered, reworked and disgarded. At one point we considered having more emergent factions, at another we briefly thought about allowing the player to swap factions when an emergent one came out. Both of these ideas were eventually dropped. This sort of thing happens all the time, because "no plan survives contact with the enemy".

And then material tends to get left in folders. Like junk DNA, it doesn't do anything, but it provides a record of the evolutionary process.
    Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

The formal bit: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

If you want to play the White Huns it is possible to bring them back to life. You could take one of the Roman rebel faction for example and turn that faction into the white huns. They got a white horse as symbol.

Post Re: BI Q: White Huns?

ya but im not a modder

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fishpants
    Well, the development process is just that: one of development. In this case BI went through quite an intense phase of having ideas considered, reworked and disgarded. At one point we considered having more emergent factions, at another we briefly thought about allowing the player to swap factions when an emergent one came out. Both of these ideas were eventually dropped. This sort of thing happens all the time, because "no plan survives contact with the enemy".

And then material tends to get left in folders. Like junk DNA, it doesn't do anything, but it provides a record of the evolutionary process.
    Just wondering why you leave them on the CD? Just a waste of space on somebodys hardware if you ask me...

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Pah, it happens all the time, also you might want to re-activate them some day in a patch.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote by Captain Fishpants
    At one point we considered having more emergent factions, at another we briefly thought about allowing the player to swap factions when an emergent one came out
    Both of those idea's sound really good, why didn't you include them ?

Is there any chance at all these features / ideas will be in M2TW ?

Not expecting an answer, though would be great if we got one

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD