Thread: AoVaF releases some of the stuff

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default AoVaF releases some of the stuff

This download is not a mod release that would be enjoyable to play, it's the latest package of our not finished work. It can be used by other modders, but in it's current state isn't considered playable. Other modders can use the material in the package, as long as proper credit is given to the AoVaF team.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11404315/Pack.zip.html

The AoVaF mod looks like it's dying, but there's a possibility of the team rebuilding. I won't be the leader due to RL undertakings. Unless anyone in the previous mod team announces a desire to take over the leadership, I hand it over to Csatadi because he's the only team member that has been active the latest few weeks, after the discussions of ending the mod become more serious. I don't know if that means the entire team has lost interest, or if it's merely that my leadership has been very inadequate the latest few weeks due to my lack of time. Therefore I can't make a statement on whether the mod is dead or not - there might still be a good chance of rebuilding the team, but only if one or more additional skinners can be found since we lost one of our two skinners and would therefore only have one skinner unless we get more. In any case it probably got a greater chance of surviving under a leader that can dedicate more time to it.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Default Re: AoVaF releases some of the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    This download is not a mod release that would be enjoyable to play, it's the latest package of our not finished work. It can be used by other modders, but in it's current state isn't considered playable. Other modders can use the material in the package, as long as proper credit is given to the AoVaF team.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11404315/Pack.zip.html

The AoVaF mod looks like it's dying, but there's a possibility of the team rebuilding. I won't be the leader due to RL undertakings. Unless anyone in the previous mod team announces a desire to take over the leadership, I hand it over to Csatadi because he's the only team member that has been active the latest few weeks, after the discussions of ending the mod become more serious. I don't know if that means the entire team has lost interest, or if it's merely that my leadership has been very inadequate the latest few weeks due to my lack of time. Therefore I can't make a statement on whether the mod is dead or not - there might still be a good chance of rebuilding the team, but only if one or more additional skinners can be found since we lost one of our two skinners and would therefore only have one skinner unless we get more. In any case it probably got a greater chance of surviving under a leader that can dedicate more time to it.
    It would be a shame to see this mod die. But since I'm not that great a moddeler or scinner or scriptor i may not be that great a help.. but if there is anything i can do as an archaeologist and historian please let me know
    "…Birds of battle screech, the grey wolf howls, spears rattle, shield answers shaft. …Then many a thegn, laden in gold, buckled on his sword-belt. …The hollow shield called for bold men"s hands..."

It would be a shame to see this mod die indeed. You did a great job on this mod i hope you will find some people to help. The decision of releasing the material - my huge respect.

Thinking...

It might not be at a stage where you consider it fun, but is it basically playable? I mean just for custom battles, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek_fire19
    It might not be at a stage where you consider it fun, but is it basically playable? I mean just for custom battles, for example.
    Not much unit stats balancing has been made, only a first rough draft which hasn't even been tested. I might later release a version where you can play the vikings in custom battles with better balancing. But only maybe. The biggest hope lies in someone else deciding to take over the leadership of the mod. I can still help, but I have too irregularly available spare time to be able to lead the actual project.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Legio,

Check your PM urgently.

Edyz
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thanks Legio the offer. I decided. I dont accept the leadership. I dont devote much time regularly for a mod.
    If anybody have the time and enthusiasm to continue I can help to organize the work for greater efficiency like an eminence grise. Actually I have a lot of idea to the mod.
    This person can send me an e-mail (not PM!) via the totalwar.org if interested.
    Until this time anybody can send stuffs to the forums.
    I dont judge the skinner problem such serious. AOVAF need now one or rather two stable modders with enough free time and many researchers in different fields.

And, Legio, dont worry so much. Im sure you enjoyed working on AOVAF and only this is what does matter. You know this is just a game after all.
    I think you had right waiting for MTW2 anyway. The AI is so annoying bad yet. Maybe they do something with it.

Well, I'm sorry to hear all this, but thanks a lot for releasing what you have so far. I'm really interested to take a look at it, but every time I download the file it says the fileshare says it's invalid. Can you put it up at 3ddownloads or somewhere else?
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

I tried the link. It works. Dont use download managers.
    Quite surprizing for me there were 24 downloads in three days!

I remember so you was the guy who made a little mod enables to swich between factions during the play, isnt it? Where can I find it? I lost the link. Your all faction playable mod is very tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    I'm really interested to take a look at it, but every time I download the file it says the fileshare says it's invalid. Can you put it up at 3ddownloads or somewhere else?
    Click on the link, scroll down and press the Free button. Wait in line (the countdown), then the link will appear. Please tell me if it still didn't work and I'll upload it elsewhere.

Well, I'm sorry to hear all this, but thanks a lot for releasing what you have so far.
    I'm working on something that could possibly make the mod go alive again. I won't reveal any details yet though. You're still allowed to use the material though, as long as credit is given to the AoVaF team.
    Under construction...

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Click on the link, scroll down and press the Free button. Wait in line (the countdown), then the link will appear. Please tell me if it still didn't work and I'll upload it elsewhere.
    I just get the following, even from two different computers:

Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
    You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Csatadi
    I remember so you was the guy who made a little mod enables to swich between factions during the play, isnt it? Where can I find it? I lost the link. Your all faction playable mod is very tricky.
    I did the all factions mod for BI, but it was based on work done by Myrddraal.

You could be talking about this:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=57253

Or this:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=57734
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 03-01-2006 at 01:22.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

I just get the following, even from two different computers:
    Strange... Do you know any other place besides rapidshare.de that allows uploads without registering a new account and all fuss it requires?
    Under construction...

www.megaupload.com

As long as it's under 250MB....

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thanks edyz, but I didn't obtain any dl link after uploading it??!! How do I use the page?

Btw have you looked at the last PM I sent you? What do you think of what I wrote?
    Under construction...

After you upload the pack, select the button and a new window will appear. Copy the link.

Yeah, I have read the PM. I need to discuss with my team about this, cuz it's a delicate situation.
    I will send the reply tonight or tommorrow, se be alert.

BTW Legio, do you have MSN or Yahoo or some sort of IM?

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    After you upload the pack, select the button and a new window will appear. Copy the link.
    Ok, I'll try again later

BTW Legio, do you have MSN or Yahoo or some sort of IM?
    Nope
    Under construction...

I have replied to your PM Legio.

Have you uploaded the pack?!

Proud

Been to:

This is a excellent mod. Perhaps for those factions which are less important, perhaps you could use the units from another mod. The Arthurian mod does that to some extent. Please keep going.

ya man, keep going. just make a ite version to start with.
    drop factions that havent been worken on a lot, make them rebels or remove them.
    make a smaler map maybe even. for example a map like in viking invasion or viking invasion + france germany poland

drop all the details that are not implemented and put them on hold for a possible later release etc.

any single part of this mod is great...if only a quarter of the originally plans are realized in a first release it will be still something i wait for.

try to combine work with crusader,medieval and byzantinum total war..and the baltic crusades or any mod that fits into the time frame roughly

sorry donno how to edit.

so this pak.zip contains what?

about 20 viking units. what else?

A bit of an error I came across:

A unit, I am not certain of which, but it states the file "Aovaf_englisc_archer.tga.psd" is missing, nor was it included in the folder.

In fact, it seems like all the englisc are missing, yet no where in the Descr_model_battle does it demand a englisc texture, which is what is confusing me.
    Last edited by Sahran; 04-02-2006 at 04:21.

The Englisc skins have not been included. Just a few skins.

We have an agreement with Arthurian TW. With Byzantium also, as the leader(me) is also the leader of Byzantium TW.

Proud

Been to:

Nice new avatar edyz
    Under construction...

Yo ugot that englisc skins, edzy?

I will like to see them for inspiration, and also the models .cas.

IF have, send me :)

Thanks Legio. It represents me as Emperor of the Byzantines and Romans(Romans = WRE(AoVaF TW) and ERE(Byzantium TW))

(hope you get the allusion)

@Palissa

No, I don't have them.

Proud

Been to:

hehe
    Under construction...