Thread: Christian armies in MP.

Is it possable to field a christian army in multiplayer?. I have played a few games online and found that monk totaly dominate the battle field and the only real way of countering them is with your own monks (unless the guy gives them no protection at all). I think a christian army would do a bit to help counter monks.

maybe but I don't think that would work with history. The Jesuts (I cant spell) were militant but not in Japan so I don't think that would work.
    I will be Baron of the world.

I don't think you can, it's really only a Campaign effect.

A good counter to monks is either cavalry or high-honor missile units. In my armies, I tend to have only three archer units, but they should be honor-4 or better if you can. Good luck!

-- B)

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

First of all...no you can't play on-line as christian...unless you pretend

Second, before I would play as christian I would insist the they fix the morale bonus Warrior Monks get on ashis. My christian ashis shouldn't be afraid of a portable shrine....they should be enraged!
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

i agree Ship they should be mad even make them fight harder fight to the last man that way i get more kills

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

"Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy, and there is no need for much clever refinement of it"

"After a great fight between two mighty tigers, even a common dog may defeat the survivor"

Clan Shades
    Shades
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

i think there should be an option to do so, i have expressed my feelings and total war strategy and hints. it should be a koku charge that would eliminate monks but would make guns cheaper and would prevent the monk penalty. there are many improvement to be made on multiplayer and many of which will come in the new patch or the expansion pack but for now all we can do is hope and wait and STOP COMPLAINING!!

-Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life!-

A member of Clan Doragon

If you can read this you don't need glasses

Campaign effect, splendid word (some people might even consider it two words ), Thanks BanzaiZAP. That is what is missing in STW, Campaign effects in the multiplayer battles, that would really lift the entire game to new heights.
    If all the Campaign effects were there and if they could be read from a setup file then we even had a good basis for MP Campaigns .

Just want to say campaign effect. Ha Ha

------------------
    Being killed is bad.
    Being killed is bad.

I think I read in an interview somewhere that they WERE going to introduce the Campaign Effects (there! I said it, too!) into MP. Pay extra koku and get an armor upgrade! Pay a little more and get a swordsmith upgrade! Now we can show that the ideal unit for soaking up arrows is a gold-armor ashigaru! Still only costs dirt, but can hang in a fight! And holding on to that three-sword no-dachi for a surprise charge.... fun stuff!

-- B)

Whoops. Gotta be careful that I don't do the same thing I accuse marketing companies of doing: hype stuff that ain't out yet! Add a very strong maybe to my last post! I've got to go find that interview....

-- B)