Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1090

Thread: Suggestions for v0.8

Default Re: Suggestions for v0.8

Quote Originally Posted by BozosLiveHere
    Maximum number of ancillaries per general is hardcoded.
    The actual maximum is limited, yes, but I mean representing ancillaries through traits. Certainly there isn't much difference, depending on how its worded, you just won't have the accompanying picture.

Would it be possible to mark what turn the character won the olympics? Is a person who competes once and fails, or wins, able to enter again? If so, do other traits come from multiple winnings, or many losings?

Also, since in .8/1 Rome has a tendency to get wiped out of Italy by Epirus, would it not be historical to, in the advent of losing Rome, or else Rome itself coming under siege, to spawn a army of soldiers either in the city or nearby? Certainly if Rome had lost Roma to Carthage, the citizens would have taken up arms to force them from their homeland. I don't know if this would be relevant for any other faction, but it makes sense for Rome, I think.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I have a question/suggestion concerning the EB installer.
    I have seen many people that are unsure where to direct it. This is compounded by the fact that every version of RTW has a differenct directory. There are some extractor programs that can autodetect certain things (such as registry files) and extract without a target. Is there a way to get some sort of extractor software like that for some of the less computer literate fans. Or is this whole thing impossible since things like that require some sort of prior registry that is not available to EB?

I heard that EB team would implement more scripted events in the next builds,so maybe we can expect something like "garrison script" that spawns levy armies for faction's homeland cities.But the problem is that we can't destroy those newly created units via script.The only way I think for this case is to spawn family members giving them levies as their bodyguard(it is possible) and after some turns kill them with kill_character script command.So they will die together with their bodyguard'levies:) Minimod?l
    In Vino Veritas!

About the EB installer, at least on my comp, the location of the installed game is stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\installPath.

Perhaps we can use this for the default install directory. In my case it's wrong as I've copied the game over and over to accomodate various mods (and versions of EB), but those who have trouble finding where it's installed would probably not have copied it either, so they'd be helped by this.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Suggestions others have made about removing blacksmiths are cogent, at least in the case of so-called civilized factions with standing armies. It is likely that the barracks would contain armories, weaponsmiths, etc...[so bonuses could be applied at higher levels of military structures] Getting rid of the blacksmith would free up building slots for more interesting buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I have a question/suggestion concerning the EB installer.
    I have seen many people that are unsure where to direct it. This is compounded by the fact that every version of RTW has a differenct directory. There are some extractor programs that can autodetect certain things (such as registry files) and extract without a target. Is there a way to get some sort of extractor software like that for some of the less computer literate fans. Or is this whole thing impossible since things like that require some sort of prior registry that is not available to EB?
    These forums get exceedingly littered with all sorts of "help EB doesn't work on my PC" threads, which then could be something of the past...

It has one slight disadvantage though: if you have multiple copies (that is back ups) of RTW on your HD but only one of the copies is properly patched it will all end in tears. (Those auto-installers can't detect your up to date patched back ups, they can only detect the properly registered, (that one which shows up in the control panel add/remove programs list), install - that which came from the CD. AFAIK: this registry info refers to the DLL's in your original RTW folder... So that's why.)

Therfore you'd have to have at least one "please specify your destination folder" box - only to make sure that those who have been messing around with back ups can select a different path.

But for those who have not messed around with multiple installs of RTW, it's an excellent solution to some/most of the trouble they run into.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Well, since there are three possible default locations in which the install could be located depending on when one has purchased their copy, it may be easiest to inform people that one of those file paths is the one they should be installing to. That way, even if someone really is computer illiterate, by process of elimination they should eventually get themselves straightened out. Also, those who have multiple copies of mods will know where their install is located, and shouldn't have a problem.

Just a suggestion, but this seems easier than messing around with an autodetect installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes
    Suggestions others have made about removing blacksmiths are cogent, at least in the case of so-called civilized factions with standing armies. It is likely that the barracks would contain armories, weaponsmiths, etc...[so bonuses could be applied at higher levels of military structures] Getting rid of the blacksmith would free up building slots for more interesting buildings.
    I believe we are looking into doing this.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    These forums get exceedingly littered with all sorts of "help EB doesn't work on my PC" threads, which then could be something of the past...

It has one slight disadvantage though: if you have multiple copies (that is back ups) of RTW on your HD but only one of the copies is properly patched it will all end in tears. (Those auto-installers can't detect your up to date patched back ups, they can only detect the properly registered, (that one which shows up in the control panel add/remove programs list), install - that which came from the CD. AFAIK: this registry info refers to the DLL's in your original RTW folder... So that's why.)

Therfore you'd have to have at least one "please specify your destination folder" box - only to make sure that those who have been messing around with back ups can select a different path.

But for those who have not messed around with multiple installs of RTW, it's an excellent solution to some/most of the trouble they run into.
    Same here. I've got multiple installs for backup and for other mods, so some kind of direction is needed at least. But to be honest, if even a complete Windows n00b like myself can install the mod, I'm surprised anyone who actually takes the effort to read the instructions can mess up the EB installation.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637