Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Almoravides faction

Default Re : Re: Almoravides faction

this is could be used by castillians or franks and maybe german,but for the almoravides i desagree with you.

Default Re: Almoravides faction

Here comes a numidian, or mauri spearman.

Has that patched leather mail, i saw in several pic on that site of almoravids figurine.
    Saw it also on saracen unit in crusades, so i used it myself.

Tell me if is historical, or must be changed.

Need at least another good pic of a shield, with 3 shield i guess can do all the units...

As always, critics welcome.

I will stick on long straight sword, seems, then.
    Maybe can make a scimitar for a unit, dont know.

But i need this unit list, else i do unit at random...

bye

nice

ok ,

some sword of the prophet muhamed:

sword of ali ibn abi taleb you can use this for almoravides sword man:

An all white sword+shield+horse beduin.

Where is legio and his unit list :)

it's a good unit,i love it.
    i have a suggestion that for the almoravides units can you make them more like tuareg :

and almoravides camel like that:
    because historicly andalucians call tha al moravides almoulathamin almoulatham a person how hide his face.

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

I guess for the later dynasties, their should be Shamshir, that is without a doubt. But the earliest Al-Andalus warriors probably used the Arab broadsword, due to the fact that they were the remnants of the old Ummayad order turning tail against the Abbasids. Anyways, good reasearch and awsome models.

oh yea, BTW Almazor. I think that blade you are showing is belived to be Dhul-a-faqar or better known as Zulfiqar (my favorite sword in history!), originally the blade of Muhammed, it was passed down to Ali and saw action througout both of their campaigns, even unto Karbala. I think in arabic it means something like "spine cleaver" or "blinder", and was orignally shown with two points at the end, and was used especially for gougeing out eyes :).
    Last edited by beauchamp; 03-23-2006 at 20:24.

Ya Misr!

yeah, all first beduin was with covered face, i did a pair with face visible to change the aspect.
    Almazor, you can produce something like an unit list?
    like 12-14 units, from low rank to elite, so can work on it.

I have already 6-7 beduin ready, am half way seems.

ok i understand,ok i will set up a unit list for the al moravides soon.i'm working on it.thanks for all

Another spearman beduin on horse.

White and blue, the shield isnt so great, i painted by hand. sigh

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Wow. Really nice.

I love the bright colours.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

it's nice yhe colors must be more dark,but it's ok

yeah will darken them more.
    How goes with the unit list?

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

I think this is the list we're supposed to use for al-andalus/almoravids faction:

-Arab noble cavalry: T: heavy cavalry (royal bodyguard), N: 20, A: good, C: very good, D: very good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: oval, Mo: excellent, St: good, Co: very expensive.
    -Arab light cavalry: T: light missile cavalry, N: 40, A: average, C: good, M: average, D: average, W: arab bow, curved sword, H: leather, Ar: leather, S: round, Mo: good, St: good. Cost: expensive.
    -Andalusian cavalry: T: medium cavalry, N: 40, A: good, C: very good, D: good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: round, Mo: good, St: average, Cost: expensive.
    -Berber cavalry: T: missile cavalry, N: 60, A: average, C: good, M: excellent, D: average/weak, W: javelin, sabre, H: no, Ar: no/leather, S: oval or bilobed, Mo: good, St: excellent. Co: average
    Image of berber cavalry:
    http://www.maderuelo.com/historia_y_...tohispano.html
    -Negros: T: heavy Sudanese swordmen (personal guard of calipha), N: 60, A: very strong, C: strong, D: strong, W: curved sword, H: iron, Ar: no, S: no/bilobed, Mo: excellent, St: excellent, Co: very expensive
    -Mamaliks (slave professional warriors): T: heavy slavic spearmen, N: 80, A: strong, C: good, D: strong, W: spear, sword, H: iron, Ar: mailcoat, S: round, Mo: excellent, St: good, Co: expensive.
    Image similar to mamaliks:
    http://www.maderuelo.com/historia_y_...ia_siglo8.html
    http://www.maderuelo.com/historia_y_...cionarmas.html (coloured paint)
    -Murtazika: T: heavy berber spearmen, N: 80, A: good, C: good, D: very good, W: spear, sword. H: leather, Ar: leather, S: bilobed, Mo: good, St: good, Co: quite expensive.
    -Muttawia: T: light berber infantry, N: 120, A: weak, C: average, M: good, D: average, W: javelin, spear, H: no, Ar: no, S: bilobed, Mo: average, St: good, Co: cheap.
    -Muyahids (jihad warriors): T: swordmen infantry, N: 80, A: good, C: strong, D: average, W: sword, H: leather/no, Ar: no, S: oval/bilobed, Mo: very good, St: very good, Co: average. Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan
    -Rigal (andalusian line infantry): T: medium spearmen, N: 80, A: good, C: average, M: good, D: very good, W: javelin, spear, sword, H: leather/iron, Ar: mailcoat, S: round, Mo: good, St: average, Co: a bit expensive. Can make shield wall
    Image of andalusian rigal:
    http://www.maderuelo.com/historia_y_...cionarmas.html
    -Rabita (frontier levy troops): T: light infantry, N: 120, A: average, C: average, D: good, W: spear, sword, H: leather, Ar: leather, S: round, Mo: average, St: average, Co: average. You can use as levies.
    Image of rabita:
    http://www.maderuelo.com/historia_y_...cionarmas.html
    -Rumat al-sinniya: T: Bowmen infantry, N: 80, A: weak, C: average, M: good, D: weak, W: Frankish bow, short sword, H: leather, Ar: no, S: oval, Mo: average, St: good. Co: cheap/average
    -Mawaly heavy cavalry:mawaly bani umayya,they play a great role in the history of andalucia,we find in history somes vizirs and great generals like "ghalib al nassiri" and we find abu jaafar al meshafi was a hajib of the caliph "al hakam II"
    the provenance of mawaly is from the east they was slavs of the ummayad emirs and after the fal of the ummayades caliphat they migrate to andalucia,the ummayade give them there liberty but they continue serving the caliphate.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Another almoravid with covered face.

that is the unit for almoravids or al andalus? I thought was al andalus, and i read somewhere was somewhat different.

I dont have any pic of al-andalus, i fear, so need search for it, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by palissa
    Another almoravid with covered face.

that is the unit for almoravids or al andalus? I thought was al andalus, and i read somewhere was somewhat different.

I dont have any pic of al-andalus, i fear, so need search for it, maybe
    All berber units belonging to al-andalus could be made after the almoravid pictures.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Legio,

Have you received Palissa's skins?
    Oh, the unit looks nice. I always love bright colours.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

http://www.toysoldiers.ca/popup/WAB%20EL%20CID.jpg
    the unit list of the almoravides:
    the number of infantry units of the almoravides must be hight because the almoravides like fighting on foot,and in there battle they use infantry more than horses add to that they are very desciplined like roman legion,they use also camels.

1-the lamtuna:heavy spearmen the rulers of the al moravides were from the tribe of lamtuna.the most loyal and powerfull unit
    of the almoravide.
    heavy spearmen, N: 120, A: strong, C: good, D: strong, W: spear, sword, H: iron, Ar: mailcoat, S: round, Mo: excellent, St: good, Co: expensive.Can make shield wall

2-the black guard:
    heavy cavalry (royal bodyguard), N: 60, A: good, C: very good, D: very good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: oval, Mo: excellent, St: good, Co: very expensive.
    i suggest that the number must be hight because,in the battle of zallaqa,the number of black guard was 4000 20% of the army and it's very hight for a personnel guards.and we give the player the possibility to dismount this killers,Can make shield wall if they fight on foot

3-al moravide horsmen:
    medium cavalry, N: 40, A: good, C: very good, D: good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: round, Mo: good, St: average, Cost: expensive.

4-al moravide warrior:swordman unit
    T: swordmen infantry, N: 80, A: good, C: strong, D: average, W: sword, H: leather/no, Ar: no, S: oval/bilobed, Mo: very good, St: very good, Co: average. Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan

5-al moravide spearmen:
    T: heavy spearmen, N: 120, A: good, C: good, D: very good, W: spear, sword. H: leather, Ar: leather, S:"your choice ", Mo: good, St: good, Co: quite expensive Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan.

6-berber infantry:
    T: light berber infantry, N: 120, A: weak, C: average, M: good, D: average, W: javelin, spear, H: no, Ar: no, S: bilobed, Mo: average, St: averege, Co: cheap.

7-Rumat al-soudan: they are recruited from senegal
    T: Bowmen infantry, N: 80, A: weak, C: average, M: good, D: weak, W:bow, short sword, H: leather, Ar: no, S: oval, Mo: average, St: good. Co: cheap/average.
    8-cammel drummer:extra drummer, scare all enemy units.

9-Andalucians Auxilaries:light infantry, N: 120, A: average, C: average, D: good, W: spear, sword, H: leather, Ar: leather, S: round, Mo: average, St: average, Co: average. You can use as levies.

10-al moravide camel raiders:bonus againt horses,can rout heavy cavalry,they will probably the most powerfull camel in the game.armed with spear and oval shield.

11-andalucians cavalry:medium cavalry, N: 40, A: good, C: very good, D: good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: round, Mo: good, St: average, Cost: expensive.
    12-Arab light cavalry: T: light missile cavalry, N: 40, A: average, C: good, M: average, D: average, W: arab bow, curved sword, H: leather, Ar: leather, S: round, Mo: good, St: good. Cost: expensive.
    13-Berber cavalry: T: missile cavalry, N: 60, A: average, C: good, M: excellent, D: average/weak, W: javelin, sabre, H: no, Ar: no/leather, S: oval or bilobed, Mo: good, St: excellent. Co: average

Ah, almazor, good list.
    You think can associate some of those almoravids i did with units in your list, and tell me what need to change or add? Like change weapons, or add them, and provide pic of shield, if different :). Thanks

if you saw the image:this is a battle between al moravides and spanish,(i have another image much better),the almoravide horseman have oval shield,armed with sword and long spear,the face is headen.
    for infantry they have a different type of shield,and i think that oval shield is'nt a good choice.
    Last edited by almazor; 03-26-2006 at 22:37.

This is a fatimids infantry i did just today.

i must do some of those berbers unit also, i think, with covered and uncovered face.
    I need pic for berbers also

perhaps the shield must be dark,can you change the color of the shield to black it will look better?

Yeah, the peanuts shield came a bit too much oversatured in this environment i used.
    must check in game, and see how it comes.

egyptian cavalry
    Last edited by palissa; 03-27-2006 at 18:03.

looks good!
    Under construction...

can you replace the javelines with a round shield like this pictur
    Last edited by almazor; 03-27-2006 at 20:41.

Arab tribesman

You have mroe pictures like that :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast