Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " Pot decriminalization bill goes up in smoke in Canada"

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Default Re: " Pot decriminalization bill goes up in smoke in Canada"

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    Someone gives ma a good arguement against it. I will burn my stash.
    It's against Texas law. You are loyal to Texas aren't you?!?!

Well, aren't you?!?!

TRAITOR!!!

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    That is a shame. One of the downfalls of conservative politics. I would be very impressed with Canada if they allowed decrim at the province (state?) level and then left the federal government out of it. That would be a real federal conservative's point of view.

Criminalization of Marijuana, in my opinion, is what makes it a "gateway drug". This is because a user trys it and realizes that it isn't nearly as bad as all the hype says. Then the user thinks that maybe all the hype over other drugs is fabricated too. This then leads them to experiment with the really bad stuff which really does destroy people.

They should legalize it simply because it creates a false impression of safety for harder drugs. Legalizing marijuana would legitamize public education on hard drugs.

Not to mention that alcohol is far more destructive to society then marijuana.

What do our canadian friends think of this topic?
    I'm not canadian, but I will still comment on it.

I agree, while it is only part of the reason I want it legalized, I think you are right.
    The way weed is presented in it's various forms, by the various state-efforts to kill it, is something like this:

Weed = heroin!!! Don't smoke it, it is evil and you will go crazy ect ect.

That is just plain wrong. It is very soft on the user (and even the abuser), and so when people find out they have no trust in what they have been told. Lucklily most people who have smoked it understand that the people fighting it are being dimwits in their presentations, but some don't and apply the faults to the the harder drugs too, where the claims aer in fact true. So if you believe it is not that bad and try heroin, I'm certain you will do it again, for what I have heard is that it gives the best high you can think of, and then some.

But personally I just find it hypocritical that we allow it to an extent as a medication, but not as a enjoyment (though at times the two mix). Also we allow something that most can agree on is worse, alcohol. The only argument I have ever heard against weed is that it is a stepping stone to hard drugs. And so is tobacco and alcohol, but both are still legal.

I don't touch the stuff anymore, did for a while (I lived in Jamaica, what was I supposed to do?), but in the end I got bored of it. Just wasn't worth being that silly. At least while drunk you are rationally silly (conundrum?).

I find it odd that people often mention the potheads when talking about this. As if they are a fair representation of the users? And even if they were, isn't it better to be a pothead than a drunkard? The pothead sits in a corner in his little world, but functions pretty well when not affected, the drunkard on the other hand is not very effective...
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Walking around and doing stuff is the only way to enjoy marijuana. After the first few times of being totally incapacitated you get used to it, and can function like an otherwise normal person, things just get more interesting sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanamori
    Walking around and doing stuff is the only way to enjoy marijuana. After the first few times of being totally incapacitated you get used to it, and can function like an otherwise normal person, things just get more interesting sometimes.
    No way. The best way to enjoy it is Oh Yeah by Yello.

It is best used by doing it with friends you know are pretty funny... You know people that do funny stuff. It is not fun to do it with people who are pretty dour or just not as active.

Since I enjoy sitting around talking stuff with my friends and in general being relatively docile I think it would be a great letdown to smoke weed in that company. But I do haev some friends that have always been the odd ones, you know them, they can't help themselves they were just eternal 18 yearolds. Always saying something stupid in jest, always getting into half-trouble, falling over own legs ect ect. Those are the people to smoke it with. Much like you shouldn't drink with people you don't like at all...

It seems that most of us agree that pot is pretty harmless. Don't we represent a diversified field of the mainstream? Liberals and conservative alike here. yeah.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

If you are already addicted, a good argument will make very little difference, because even if you throw away your stash, you will still have to go through withdrawal.

It's like telling a smoker cigarettes increase the risk of cancer. Throwing away a pack doesn't mean the end of it, because the cravings for smokes will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus
    If you are already addicted, a good argument will make very little difference, because even if you throw away your stash, you will still have to go through withdrawal.

It's like telling a smoker cigarettes increase the risk of cancer. Throwing away a pack doesn't mean the end of it, because the cravings for smokes will remain.
    It's clear that you don't know much about marijuana.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

withdrawal man read up before you make assumptions. Its not herion. I can smoke all weekend and not do it agian for another month. Its not addicting.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 04-07-2006 at 13:01.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Are you going to inhale the smoke?

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

I smoked enough weed in Jamaica to put down an elephant for weeks (was there for a year), but when I got home I quiet it at once and didn't touch it for an entire year, never feeling a craving. I just didn't think it was worth the money I had to pay for it, and that was that.

Had it been tobacco or alcohol it would have been quite different.

withdrawal man read up before you make assumptions. Its not herion. I can smoke all weekend and not do it agian for another month. Its not addicting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    I smoked enough weed in Jamaica to put down an elephant for weeks (was there for a year), but when I got home I quiet it at once and didn't touch it for an entire year, never feeling a craving. I just didn't think it was worth the money I had to pay for it, and that was that.

Had it been tobacco or alcohol it would have been quite different.
    It simply meant both of you aren't addicted. :)

It simply meant both of you aren't addicted. :)
    Exactly... If I didn't get addicted from the amount I smoked (and with that frequency), I doubt I would ever get addicted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12