Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Multiplayer fakeserver

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Re: New Multiplayer fakeserver

R'as Al Ghul-san ... that WORKED! Domo Arigato Gozaimashta.

Heh, no worries--I won't let this distract me from learning and playing Samurai Warlords with such excellent company . Not a chance.

But, now I can spend some time with new players who would like to try Shogun MP too.

Any who are interested: I use the 1.02 stats and prefer to play using a particular rule set that allows for more balanced gameplay (STW MI 1.02 is a bit unbalanced otherwise). These are the same which the STW MP community used during the last couple of years that the official server was in operation:

- 10,000 koku per player
    - 4 maximum of any particular unit type
    - No ashigaru spearmen

I would be happy to offer tips on appropriate levels of honor and upgrades under these conditions to any who would like to hear them. And please forgive my extreme rustiness--it's been a very long time since I've played STW MP.

I might be willing to try "unconventional" 1.02 games for kicks, if players are willing to play games under these conditions as well. I'm not sure I can host, but I may be able to if I make some configuration changes. We shall see. If anyone is interested, post here, or PM me. I am in the USA East time zone. Let's play!
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

OK, I met Baryonyx in the foyer tonight. Our next minor challenge is to get him patched to version 1.02, as he is currently version 1.00.

Baryonyx:

Read the instructions below before you download the 1.02 patch from here. This version of the patch should work for Shogun: Total War, Warlord Edition, bought in the USA.

- Download the file to your computer by clicking on the [Save] button that pops up when you click on the link, above.

I recommend just saving it to your Desktop so you can find it easily after it downloads. To do this, click on the Desktop button on the right side of the screen that pops up after you hit the [Save] button. Then, click the [Save] button on that screen (see below).

An icon that looks like the Shogun Total War game icon will now be on your Desktop. Doubleclick on it to run the patch install program. A screen will pop up that looks like this:

Click on the [Run] button to start the 1.02 patch installation.

A message box will pop up, saying you are about to upgrade your Shogun installation to version 1.02. Click [OK].

This screen should then pop up:

Click on the [Unzip] button. A message will appear asking you to select your language. Choose the default - English, and click [OK]. A setup installation program will run. You've seen these kinds of things before.

Accept the licensing terms and advance to the next screen, which should look like this:

This is the most important step. You must locate your Shogun Total War game folder on your computer (the same place where your internet.cfg file was) and make sure that path shows where I've marked "!!!!!" If you install the patch to the wrong place, it will not work!

Click on the [Browse] button and find your Shogun Total War game folder. Mine is located at C:\Program Files\Total War\Shogun - Total War- Warlord Edition, which is the default location to which the game installs if you didn't change the path when you installed it. This might be where yours is too, but not necessarily.

When you are sure it is pointing at the right spot, click [Next].

The installation program will proceed to install the patch. You'll need to click [Next] a few more times, and then click [Finish].

Once you have completed the install of the patch, launch the game and look at the red menu screen, in the upper left corner where I showed you tonight. If that says 1.02, you've successfully patched your game. If it still says 1.00, run the install program again and make sure you have selected your STW game folder as the target for the patch installation.

Good luck. Post here and let me know how it goes. I look forward to playing your first MP games with you soon.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Success!!! I have finished the installation! w00t!!!!

P.S. The upgrade appeared on my screen right below the warlord edition. Am I supposed to access that from now on?

Unhappy Re: New Multiplayer fakeserver

Wait nvm it still says 1.00. I think i must've made a mistake when saving the file onto my desktop or something, cuz when i clicked it, a whole screen of other files appeared, unlike the example u've shown

I'm on a break at work so I only have a few minutes. I'll be on tonight and can assist you directly via Instant Messaging if you haven't been able to get it to work by then. If you log in to your Yahoo! IM after 7:00 PM EST, you should see me on. We'll get it working, no worries.

I just hope I can figure out how to host, heh. One thing at a time ....
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Haven't played Shogun online yet. Would like to, but I doubt there are sufficient people who still do so you don't have to wait long for match making.

What I've noticed is that when a few enough players show interest at the same time, old-timers who enjoy Shogun often pop in out of the wood work for games. Aside that there are only a few players interested nowadays, and the challenge of accessing the server for some, another challenge is having someone there who can host games. I'm willing to play but cannot host.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

The server is down until further notice.
    My apologies.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Indeed Kazuma, there are few. But I've experienced a couple of times, once we had a start we could get quite some people back intrested. Even after periods of this kind of 'silence' we had days with like 10 people in the foyer at a time. It's doable. But it takes some people to start up the 'trend' again.

Welcome, Baronyx!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Quote Originally Posted by Baryonyx89
    Wait nvm it still says 1.00. I think i must've made a mistake when saving the file onto my desktop or something, cuz when i clicked it, a whole screen of other files appeared, unlike the example u've shown
    Make sure you exit the Shogun Total War (Warlord Edition) program before you install the patch.
    Wooooo!!!

it says it failed to login. did i do something wrong?

Hi Redbloof, and welcome. R'as al Ghul is the gracious host of the STW fakeserver. In a previous post in this thread he's notified us that the server is down. He'll let us know when it is available again.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Server is up again 24/7.

Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

now its taking forever to login :(

i waited a hour and it still wont log in.. what should i do?

Thanks R'as! That was an interesting cav-heavy army you had Saturday ... it was rather intimidating--but SW ysams ain't MI h7w1 Ysams ... no shock troops is very bold in SW. But all those beautiful horsies! I might try it in a multi. So glad to be playing with all of you. What a fabulous mod.

Hi redbloof. I received your IM contact request and have added you.

Try what R'as suggests in post #89 in this thread. That finally got me in. Sometimes you have to do it over and over, just keep trying. I've also found that changing my Japanese surname if one is not working consistently sometimes helps. Good luck. Reach me on MSN for direct communication and assistance.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune
    Thanks R'as! That was an interesting cav-heavy army you had Saturday ... it was rather intimidating--but SW ysams ain't MI h7w1 Ysams ... no shock troops is very bold in SW. But all those beautiful horsies! I might try it in a multi. So glad to be playing with all of you. What a fabulous mod.
    You're welcome.
    Yes I often test new setups. I figured that if used correctly it could work. Of course, I've messed it up and attacked too early and too uncoordinated. In theory the NC should own any ND you have and my HCav would've taken care of your monks. The YS is an evil unit though, high morale (can operate alone and even charge weakened gun lines), and can kill many horsies even without upgrades. It's rather underrated.

R'as

Sorry to whoever tried to connect just now for over 1 1/2 hours.
    It was my mistake that it didn't work.

So in order to play on the fake Server do i havet to still update..my War lords edition..

and does anyone want to play tonight..

9:00 EST

holla

Welome Daikomo!

Hey, there's so few people willing to play STW these days that I doubt you'll find someone in so few time. Good luck though!

If you have MTW:VI, you might want to try out 'Samurai Warlords'. a modification for the game people from here made. It's like an MTW version of Shogun. Set in 1500-1600 japan as well, same units, regions, possibilities, etc. There's more people playing Samurai Wars online then STW, at the moment.

cya

Thanks man. LOl i'm i nt he middle of now where and can't even get the ME game.. cuz walmart is 30 min away frome me.. i live in the bush. and only brought shogun.. but i was at least hoppign to get a someone to haave a scheduled game with me . that'swhy i asked. i've never done it MP b4 just wanna try it tho.

Like new! Slightly used! Member WombatSlayer's Avatar

I'm using the original version, and I've found I have to have two of the programs running to log in... my computer is fast enough to run 2 shoguns, but I have no idea why only that makes it possible to log in...
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

WombatSlayer,

that sounds really weird. I don't think anyone else has two versions running to log in. Never heard of. What I think is going on is that the fakeserver lags a bit in its reaction. It's an old problem.

Try this:
    - Check "Use existing internet connection"
    - Click "Log in"
    - Don't wait but click the "Back" (the dog-ear) button to abort immediately.
    - Click "Log In" again.

that's what I do

Except it only seems to work with two instances running :/

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Hi R'as...

I have tested connecting to your Fakeserver a number of times this evening and have Logged On each time without any problems.
    Perhaps if other players trying to Log On remove the ..'tick'.. from the 'Use existing internet connection' they may find that this will solve their problem.

Edit: I have Shogun Total War/WE
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 11-24-2007 at 22:33.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

so who wants to play... geeze :/

ILL PLAY I HAVE VERSION 1.00 THO!

anyone still interested in playing MI 1.02 or 1.03 ? is the server still up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobunaga
    is the server still up?
    Yes.

R'as:

Hi Nobunaga,

could it be that we met before? Your name sounds familiar (I mean, of course I know Oda Nobunaga, but I seem to recall someone with that name from here)

Since I've known Shogun I've always been intrested, and I will always be. It's the best game I ever played, and I have wonderful memories of the short period I was part of a small but honourable and very nice community.

I don't have my CD's here, (only RTW) but I might bring them. I would be available between sunday evening and friday afternoon, then.

However, I'll have to cut down on other gaming. Study takes a lot of time too.

I'll be around, somewhere here, now and then.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast