Poll: XL Mod vs BKB Super Mod

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Official XL Mod vs BKB Super Mod Poll

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Thumbs up Official XL Mod vs BKB Super Mod Poll

It's my attempt of reviving this. I still play MTW.

Choose your favourite mod between these 2.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Default Re: Official XL Mod vs BKB Super Mod Poll

Mate I think this is a bad idea, it often ends in tears. My advice is to try both and decide. Mods tend to get flamed and problems break out. I honestly think this thread should be closed as its more trouble than its worth. Don't be offended or anything mate, its just for the best.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Ya I started a deathmatch thread to see which one of you could whup the other guy's but. It didn't last long.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I play both mods, and enjoy both equally (for different reasons). I vote not to vote, as I recommend anyone interested play both mods. They're not attempting the same goals, each has their own unique flavor.
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Mate I think this is a bad idea, it often ends in tears. My advice is to try both and decide. Mods tend to get flamed and problems break out. I honestly think this thread should be closed as its more trouble than its worth. Don't be offended or anything mate, its just for the best.
    Yeah, I get you, but if it really does get flamed and other bad things, then close it.

We'll see how it goes.
    Why doesn't everyone who played at least one mod write the good and bad things of the mod they have played? Much better like this way.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

This thread will remain open, but with a zero-tolerence policy. Anyone flaming another patron or mod ( =non constructive conversation) will receive a 2-point warning. (=halfway to a ban).

I haven't played either of the mods, so my vote is Gah!.
    Abandon all hope.

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

I don't intend to vote in the poll, because all the efforts of the modding community are greatly valued. My vote is of deep gratitude to all who have made efforts in improving this game we love.

I happen to play the XL mod because it was the first mod I discovered and I have yet to explore all its possibilities. I'm sure I will move on to other mods.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

*gently steps onto very thin ice*

I started on XL, migrated to BKB and am currently back on XL and thinking about BKB. So I voted Gah! as I can't make a definative decision. Both are excellent upgrades - I think I find BKB the harder of the two but my ancient machine seems to digest XL better.

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

I voted GAH because I have a great respect and appreciation for both modders. I chose XL because in the conversations about mods there seemed to be the least difficulties installind and stability wise, also you can play the regular mtw and the map does not change in eras. I certainly will try BKB but so far I haven't explored all the possibilities XL has to offer.

So the bottom line if the thread starter wants to try a mod but does not know which: try XL then try BKB (not necessary in that order ) both are noteworthy improvements on the stock mtw.
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

I opted NOT to vote.

All the game modders have put a lot of very hard work into their respective mods and, therefore, all the mods should be played; each offers many unique things that gamers can enjoy.

Let's support their efforts - let them know how we feel....

In the Foothills of the Ozarks, Home of Wild Bill Clinton

Gah!!!! agree these are both wonderful mods. I haven't played vanilla MTW VI in over 9 months because of these two mods. I bounce back and forth between XL and BKB depending on what I am in the mood for at the time.

Since I don't have the ability to do any modding both these guys are heros to me. They have given me two mods that make the whole MTW alive again.

Keep it up fellas and thanks.
    Proud Member of the Honorable Order of St. Barbara. Initiated in the solemn mysteries of the traditional brotherhood of stonehurlers, archers, catapulters, rocketeers and gunners.

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

I voted Gah because I don't really like these types of discussions. They are both great mods and one should try both.
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

In the spirit of Ichy:

GAH!!

"MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

I'm very glad that the community likes both mods. I appreciate both members for the work and dedication to create the mod.

I also applaud them as friends. BKB for being my Civitate on TWC and helping me on what Osprey books should I chose and also VikingHorde for helping me out when I was in trouble while I was modding MTW.

So cheers BKB and VikingHorde.
    Cheers BKB Super Mod and XL Mod(not necessarily in a order).

Proud

Been to:

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

I voted GAH!!! Because I don't use either Mods.

-ZainDustin

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

I play XL mod as Serbs are playable faction in all three era.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.