Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our First Release!

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Default Our First Release!

Due to some issues we have been having in getting the mod completed we have decided to release what we have completed so far. This unfortunately does not include a campaign, however if it sparks people's interests we still hope to continue work.

The file is a 50mb download that is 150mb when extracted.
    http://www.users.on.net/~roehr/RTW/CTW/Citadel.rar
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Default Re: Our First Release!

Quote Originally Posted by GodsPetMonkey
    Just extract to your RTW directory, then create a shortcut to the RTW executable by right clicking on it and selecting "Create Shortcut".
    Find the shortcut you have just created, right click on it, and select "Properties" and then add -mod:citadel to the target (making sure it's outside of any quotation marks), so you should have something like this:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:citadel
    We have a lot of units, factions and music ready to add to Citadel but we have not a scripter that can do it. If you like the demo and want to help us post on official forum.
    (Updated the instructions to be a little more detailed - GPM)
    Last edited by Shark974; 05-19-2006 at 14:39.

What is this for?? Is it BI or vanilla and what patch?

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polski_orzel
    What is this for?? Is it BI or vanilla and what patch?
    I have only tested it on a BI install, but it uses the vanilla exe (which is at v1.5). So in theory it should work on both, and any patch from 1.3 up.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

HELP!!
    I think the file may be corrupt. Upon downloading (several attempts) I am only getting a 16,290meg file.

Thanks.

What´s up? Chivalry releases a beta, you do... is this year chrismas in June, or something? Not that I´m complaining, of course...

The download worked fine for me.

HI

Well what could be wrong I followed instructions and got CTD. I have patch 1.5 and 1.6 installed.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Why don't you advertise this in the Mod Discussion forum

Quote Originally Posted by DochtorGajo
    HI

Well what could be wrong I followed instructions and got CTD. I have patch 1.5 and 1.6 installed.
    when it crash?
    if it crash at menu screen try to change the map file (Europa map - Dump0000.m1v) with the same of Vanilla Rome.
    If you do not solve it let me know, I will check again for more details.

I got CTD right after I started game. Menu screen dont even appeared.

Maybe its failure of my rar it cant recognize .pak file.

I got CTD right after I started game. Menu screen dont even appeared.
    Maybe its failure of my rar it cant recognize .pak file.
    do you see rome intro movie? when it crash you see a rome icon on bottom bar that you can't open?

citadel and DATA ? extract to do shotcrut "Cit" ??
    or overwrite DATA in RTW ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark974
    do you see rome intro movie? when it crash you see a rome icon on bottom bar that you can't open?
    No I see only that first pic and thats all. Tryed to install it once again but nothing changed.

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

You should extract the rar file just to your RTW directory - so that you should now have a 'citadel' directory in the same directory as your RTW exe (the pack file in the rar goes into DATA/packs, so if it asks to overwrite the DATA file, do so, don't worry, it wont delete everything else in there). If the rar file gives CRC errors, or doesn't include the pack file, then the mod wont work - it will CTD before the intro movies.

If you're having problems, try adding -nm -show_error to your target line (along with -mod:citadel). These will disable movies and show any errors the game picks up respectively. If your getting a crash, I would love to know about it!

So far it works fine for me on a fresh RTW with BI install that has had the latest patch applied (making it RTW 1.5, BI 1.6). If you have other mods installed, it may cause problems.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Yes I tryed open .pak and got message its either corrupted or unreadable. If problem is there I think it would be possible Id fix it.

It works. Finally. Really great work guys btw.

It works. Finally. Really great work guys btw.
    how have you solved the problem? maybe will be usefull for other people

It was very trivial but I realized that patch file directory was sepapate so I copied patch into packs folder and it works.

I could have noted this sooner.

when I download the beta it comes up as a music file and I cannot extract anything...?

Plz help! I get this error-message when I start the game with "show_err":

Are you sure you are starting the mod? I also get this message when I try to start the original RTW or BI with the mod installed.

I ran the RomeTW.exe from the RTW folder where I installed the mod. Is there any other way to do it?
    Last edited by JuliusCaesar; 07-28-2006 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar
    I ran the RomeTW.exe from the RTW folder where I installed the mod. Is there any other way to do it?
    To run Citadel you must create a new shortcut:
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsPetMonkey
    Just extract to your RTW directory, then create a shortcut to the RTW executable by right clicking on it and selecting "Create Shortcut".
    Find the shortcut you have just created, right click on it, and select "Properties" and then add -mod:citadel to the target (making sure it's outside of any quotation marks), so you should have something like this:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:citadel

Thanks might. That did it. The mod finaly works now

Member Member Help, I've Fallen and Can't Get Up!'s Avatar

Exclamation Re: Our First Release!

After installing this, are you still able to play RTW vanilla? Whenever I try and start rtw I get an error message that says, "unable to load mount database"

oh, and when i play citadel it is almost impossible to move around the main menu, its very...lagy. is it fps?

other than that the mod runs fine

please contact me at: whoami08721@comcast.net

or on AIM as whoami08721

if not, then ill just check up here every day

thanks in advance
    Its the perfect seige weapon!!!

I'll post the answer here then other users of the mod can see it and perhaps solve a few problems of their own.

I also can't play vanilla RTW or BI anymore. But that is not a problem since the installation of the mod only adds one file to your Data folder. It is very easy to disable that file when you want to play original game.

The file in question is called patch_1.pak, and is located in ''Your Main Rome folder''/Data/packs.

The way I do it is to have two Data folders, one with the patch_1.pak file, one without, and simply rename them at will. If I want to play original BI/RTW I rename the Data folder with the patch_1.pak file to something else that the game won't use, usually something like DataMod, and the original Data folder is then used. If I want to play the mod I rename the original Data folder to DataOrig, and the modded Data folder to Data so then that folder is used. It's that simple. Most probably you could do it by simply renaming the patch_1.pak file itself, I haven't tried that but it should work also.

Be sure to download and install the music patch, it's great, adds a whole new depth to the mod. It's easy to install and bug free. Contains some period music and (in my opinion) better battle music than vanilla RTW/BI.

I hope you enjoy the mod and feel free to post screenshots if you feel like it.

Member Member Help, I've Fallen and Can't Get Up!'s Avatar

Thanks Yggdrasill, thats one problem down. Ill go download the music pack tommarow.

My main menu still acts wierd though. Anyone know why?
    Its the perfect seige weapon!!!

U two should download the JSGME. It allows u to switch between mods and vanilla RTW easily. Follow these instructions (from scriptorium):
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58201

hi guys, im having some trouble with this mod. I extracted the files to my RTW directory and then changed the target line on th RTWBI shortcut. when the game loads i see the intro moving but it crashes when it stars to load, and something about protection error. i have patch 1.6 installed but the only thing that might be a problem is i installed the patch after i extracted the Citadel files. i also tried installing JSGME and using that but the same error occured. i would appreciate help because this mod looks very good.

Not very sure about but I wasnt able to run menu screen in vanilla and it was very laggy as well and AFAIK reinstalling windows media player should solve it it at least solved for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast