Thread: Floods

Default Floods

As one of the disasters , floods seemto have their share of consequences. One, movement points even with Roman highways is very restricted. Second, the ability to build forts and watchtowers becomes noexistent in that province. I had the reverse happen. I took over a province and realized it had been flooded when I couldn"t built a watchtower in the frontier. Some turns later, it floods, again, this time under my control. All of a sudden I could build forts and my movement points incresed tremendously. To me, this means two floods in the same province cancel eachother out. Has anyone else seen this?

Default Re: Floods

I didn`t know floods had permanent effects. You sure about that?
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Another funny thing I noticed on the WRE PBM writeup by SA/econ. A flood happened in Northern Italy, fine, there's a river there. But the flooded blob was not connected to the river at all.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Since v1.5 I've only seen one flood happen and it didn't cause any casualties or problems whatsoever. I think disasters are messed up in v1.5 in general.

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

I play V1.5 without any mods. I have seen several floods. Arabia, Cyprus, Spain are three that I can remember.

The Cyprus one was over a turn end that I had a save for. I replayed it and the same flood happened but with different effects on the units there. The AI and I each had agents there. In one instance both were still there waist deep in water, in another my agent had died.

Not had any storms. Had etna volcano go off. Had an earthquake in northern Italy.

Ive seen comment that V1.5 might not be generating any random disasters..only scripted ones.

Is there a file somewhere in RTW that lists all the scripted disasters?
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

It's been a bug for a long time and hopefully fixed in the Alexander x-pack.

Basically when you have a flood it permanantly destroys that province, kind of funny that a second flood brings the province back to normal.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Mujahidin_Eastern TIGERS Member AndyNgFL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oaty

Basically when you have a flood it permanantly destroys that province, kind of funny that a second flood brings the province back to normal.
    Maybe holy water overflowed from the vetican

RTW [ Gold Edition ] Version 1.5 / 1.6
    Difficulty - VH/VH

M2TW [ Gold Edition ] Version 1.03 / 1.05
    Difficulty - VH/VH

Adversity reveals e genius of e Leader, gd fortune conceals it.

WAR has NO RULES

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

In what way does the flood permanately destroy the province ?

Ive not noticed any lasting effect. I admit I have not looked hard but movement and trade appears to revert to normal. (RTW V1.5)
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Post Re: Floods

Quote Originally Posted by irishron2004
    As one of the disasters , floods seemto have their share of consequences. One, movement points even with Roman highways is very restricted. Second, the ability to build forts and watchtowers becomes noexistent in that province. I had the reverse happen. I took over a province and realized it had been flooded when I couldn"t built a watchtower in the frontier. Some turns later, it floods, again, this time under my control. All of a sudden I could build forts and my movement points incresed tremendously. To me, this means two floods in the same province cancel eachother out. Has anyone else seen this?
    A second storm re-enables construction and restores default movement points? I'd never have realised this (basically because I've never experienced it); thanks for the research irishron!
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; 06-03-2006 at 09:08.

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic
    , Click here to download RTG v1.0