Thread: Mongolian Strategic units

I was just thinking about whether the Mongolian side should have strategic units or not. Does anyone out there know if the Mongolians used spies and assassins? If not it really doesn't make sense for there to be a mongolian version of shinobi, ninja and geishas. I am willing to bet that the Khan had reprensentative like emissaries who would communicate with other heads of state. So maybe there will be an emissary-like strategic unit that has a Mongolian name. This will allow the Khan to bribe enemy generals.

------------------
    All your base are belong to us
    All your base are belong to us

The Khan did have spies working for him during his conquest.

------------------
    A great warrior never reveal his true skills....
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

Hmm, good point: we haven't been told *anything* about new strategic units. The ships could be considered one (or not?), but...

To take an overtly cynical point of view, the "new and different" Mongol campaign would be a good excuse to include *no* strategic units *whatsoever* for the Mongols. Hey, that could even work... If the Mongols aren't supposed to conquer anything, they won't need Shinobi, will they?

------------------
    "The warrior who does not know his business is like a cat that does not know the way of ratting."
    - Tsukuhara Bokuden
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Wow, I would think they needs spies to know places to attack. They of course need emmasaries for treaies and whoever will be bribing the generals. shinobi wantabe's could be the terror creators or rumor spreaders to lower moral.

Gosh I wish I could spell. ya, I know, and and you wish I could spell also. hee hee.

why does a mongol need to have emmisary's they came they saw they conqured no need for much more refinement then that. ok maybe thats not how it went but anyway
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

I think maybe a Mongol Weatherman might be in order....
    "Well, Ghengis, the forecast is showing a 80% chance of sunshine and absolutely no chance of any typhoons..."

in the mongolian campaign there is only going to be one unified japanese clan, right? therefore the mongolians do not need treaties. therefore they only need spies not so sure however about the bribeing???

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

The Mongols need some sort of spy to see what's in a region before they attack. Shinobi or diplomats would work. They undoubtedly used indigenous spies where ever they went.

I think the Mongols should have some Chinese units too.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

The Thunder Bombers could well be Chinese, since they're not labelled as "Korean" and some interviews mention "new Mongol, Korean and Chinese units".

They're not a strategic unit, though, so this was a bit OT (hey, no kidding, Sherlock ).

Mongols could well have some Shinobi-type scouts, but at the moment we just flat out do not know whether they will or not. So if it interests you, *quickly* as about it in QT3! There's still time...

------------------
    "The warrior who does not know his business is like a cat that does not know the way of ratting."
    - Tsukuhara Bokuden
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure