Thread: Terrae Expugnandae 5.0 (11/06/06)

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Terrae Expugnandae 5.1 (updated 22/06/06)

From https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...=96&linkid=186

Terrae Expugnandae patch 5.1

============================================

This is a patch for the 5.0 version of my mod, you will need 5.0 installed before instaling 5.1

Fixes and Changes made by 5.1

-fixed error with german temples and beserker recruitment
    -fixed error where Gauls could not build temples needed for Clan Guard
    -fixed error in Ptolemaios tech tree, previously unable to build barracks needed for Hetairoi and dockyards.
    -fixed error relating to named legions
    -fixed error with Epirus able to recruit Chaeonian Sarissoforoi a level earlier than they should be
    -fixed error with Thureophoroi recruitable twice from Siege Engineer.
    -fixed error with Parthia not able to recruit Cataphracts at certain Stable levels
    -fixed error relating to Baktrian and Epirus starting generals having Roman triats.
    -fixed error with German and Scythian campaign map models for Captains - bright white areas seen on models fixed.
    -berserkers stats and costs made more balanced
    -fixed error with some slave faction unit cards
    -fixed error with banner above empty Numidian settlements showing the vanilla RTw faction symbol and not the new one
    -fixed error with legion barracks for romans where ai would not build them pre marian as they gave nothing better than the army barracks
    -fixed error with pontus not being able to recruit pantodapoi phalangitai or phalangitai
    -fxed error where Thrace could not build the level of stables required for Noble Cavalry
    -Antioch starts out with bigger population and better buildings
    -prologue disabled
    -new skins, models and unit cards for some roman units.

A big thanks to Marcvs Traianvs for hosting 5.0!

OVERVIEW OF MOD

TERRAE EXPUGNANDAE "Lands to Conquer"

This mod was done to try and make RTW better by improving the gameplay and making it more fun. It does not aim to be historically accurate. It just trys to make Rome a better gaming experience, which i think it does and i hope you agree. Hope you have fun playing this mod.

COMPATIBILTY:
    This mod is for RTW 1.5. It WILL NOT WORK with 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3.

Save games are not compatible.

SCREENSHOTS

See this thread for screenshots:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52955

CHANGES - WHAT THE MOD DOES

-reskins for nearly every unit for every faction
    -unified rome - now only one roman faction, so no annoying senate!
    -2 new factions - brutii and scipii have been converted into Epirus and Baktria
    -Mundus Magna v3 implemented as Imperial Campaign map
    -unique victory conditions for all factions
    -edited custom battle locations - every single one is different from the RTw one
    -Genetics, Ageing, Family and Health traits and ancilliaries added in, adds in new traits and ancillaries, and fixes some bugs with them.
    -new interfaces for all cultures including the Barbarian one from Barbarian Invasion
    -Barbarian factions can now build all city levels
    -new buildings for the Barbarian factions tranferred over from Barbarina Invasion - much greater depth to the Barbarian factions now
    -Egypt converted into a more accureate version: Ptolemaios
    -SignifierOnes animation pack implemented - new animations for gladius, hoplites, and others
    -Senate offices still in game as traits despite the fact there is no senate!
    -new unit cards for all reskinned units done by me
    -sprites for all units so there will be a significant performance increase over previous versions
    -new faction victory, death and defeat images
    -First Cohorts only recruitable in Italy, but now use the Bi legion name feature
    -DarthsFormation Mod 12.0 included, but modified by me to work best with TE factions - seriously improves ai battle behaviour
    -longer lasting battles
    -recruitment and upkeep costs increased so less full stacks and battles more decisive
    -recruitable generals - but they are expensive
    -night battles added in to campaign, and torches added to night battles!
    -new icons for all factions done by Kaweh K
    -new campaign map generals and captains for some factions, and reskinned ones for all factions.
    -new battlemap banners for greece, thrace, romans, thrace, numidia, carthage, macedon, gaul, germania, dacia, britons
    -reskinned agents for all factions with a new faction colour
    -urban cohort, praetorian cavalry, war dogs, flaming pigs, screeching women and arcani removed
    -romans can only build onagers, after the marian reforms
    -new units added for all factions, a total of around 30 in all
    -greek units given greek names to give a more unique feel to them
    -no more machine gun arrow towers in sieges, rate of fire is much much slower
    -each factions campaign ai tweaked slightly to make them stronger
    -realistic horse mod by pinarius included
    -new intro movie done by Hader - available as a seperate download
    -new loading screens done by me, pictures taken mostly by Hader
    -rebels are stronger so it is a challenge expanding
    -tougher ai generals
    -peasents no longer recruiable in campaign
    -more starting money for all factions - greatly increases the challenge
    -rebels no longer get peasents, now they are a challenge to fight!
    -skymod courtsey of Archer - greatly improves look of the skys and different daytipes.
    -new forts courtesy of lt1956
    -single player historical battles are still playable
    -Quick battles have been disabled as they no longer work with this mod.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

You will need a clean install of RTw patched to 1.5. Though 5.0 can be installed over Terrae Expugnandae 4.0.

Just download the .exe, follow the instructions, and you'll soon have the mod installed.

Then just play rome and enjoy!

COPYRGIHT

This mod is for personal use only and no elements of it may be incorporated into a public mod without my permission.

A great big THANK YOU!!!! to all those modders who let me use their material in this mod.

Me(Lusted/Cemendur) - roman, baktrian, epirus, spanish, egyptian and other skins and models. Conversion of Mundus Magna to the Imperial Camapaign, new custom battle map locations, edited historical battles, conversion of brutii and scipii to epirus and baktria, implementation of night battles for campaign and recruitable generals. Creator of new interfaces(expect for Barbarian ones). Unit stat editor. Camapaign map editing, sprite creator, creator of symbols above garrisoned settlements/forts/ships on campaign map, implemented all skins and other mods and got them working together, unit remover/implementer. Unit card maker for 5.0, implementer of tougher ai generals, Bi named legion system and getting Senate offices back in as traits.
    Kaweh K - unit cards for 4.0 and faction icons
    Webbird - for use of his greek, carthaginian and barbarian skins
    lt1956 - for the new forts
    DarthVader - for his formations mod
    SignifierOne- for his amazing animations pack
    Pinarius - for his realistic horse mod and elements of his skins
    GODzilla - for use of elements of his skins
    Warspite - for use of his eastern, numidian and merc skins
    Augustus21 - for use of his phalagnites
    Hobbes - for the Mundus Magna 3
    Ngr - for the Mundus Magna 3
    Archer - for use of the Skymod
    Kali - for use of his parthian skins
    Malrubius - for use of the GAFH mod, and for help with getting the Senate Offices back ingame
    The Trivium Organization - for various bits
    Vercingetorix - for the tools to mod RTW
    Creative Assembly - for creating such a wonderful game, and allowing people to mod it as much as we can. Also for the new barbarian interface and buildings i have transferred over from Barbarina Invasion.

A great big thanks to all the 4.0 and 5.0 beta testers as well:
    Hader
    viramur
    marvius
    MasterAdnin
    SARMATIAN LEADER
    Adler
    therussian
    eXc|imperator
    Hitman Blood Money
    Gaius Baltar
    Publius Clodius
    Favre
    whalenapp81s
    Fresco

Thanks to Razor for thinking of the very cool name for the mod.

If you would like help with installing this mod or would like to comment on it contact me at either twcenter.net forums or stratcommandcenter.com forums if you are registered there. My username is lusted at twc, totalwar.org, totalwar.com and cemendur at scc forums.

If you are not registered at the forums, you can email me at: cemendur@hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by Lusted; 06-22-2006 at 15:01.

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae 5.0 (11/06/06)

Added 11/06/06
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Alternate link for TE 5.0 needed!

Filefront always do not work for me - I newer got a file from it even after hour of waiting, while I got numerous mods from another downloading links.
    I easily take the 5.1 patch from Marcvs Traianvs (link on TWCenter forum, I was redirected to), but where's the TE 5.0 Mod's link? I see only: 'A big thanks to Marcvs Traianvs for hosting 5.0!' (???).
    Lusted, I need Your Mod!!!

It's been deleted from Filefront, and there are no known copies of it to be uploaded again. It's gone.

Anyone? Upload?

Update: Found it. :)
    Last edited by AstroCat; 04-14-2007 at 00:06.

Talking Re: Terrae Expugnandae 5.0 (11/06/06)

very helpful!! lol
    " its funny when you think that if no war had existed there could be no peace ,without war, peace has no oppsite,but in the end it means nothing but what is a idea but words that blossoms in the minds of fickle or brilliant men that give them purpose and to them a meaning ." William Anderson 1781

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Links here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...40&postcount=3
    look like they work - though I can't guarantee that's the most up-to-date version.

Also clicking link (with mod name) in https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...=96&linkid=186
    gets you a download for the 5.0 exe
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Rewrite? Or Modfold?

5.1 Patch isnt working for me..it saves to my desktop as a search icon, and I have the option of "Open With..." or find it on the web.

Hey guys! so anyways are there many classical hoplite units(eg. with corynthian helmets etc.) in the game? I just finished playing XGM and now I have to decide between TE and Roma Surrectum.