Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Me too, can't wait to play a full campaign. You guys have been doing a great job so far, would be great to see the finished thing.

Hello again everyone.
    I realize it's been a very long time since I've really come on and helped out (was it years or something?). I have my reasons for doing so, and despite that I guess I'm satisfied with the very minor contribution I've made. ;)

Well anyway, being that it's been so long, how's everything going? I'm guessing you've all progressed rather significantly with the project.

O.o
    Oh, and lookie here, it's Hoggy in the flesh. *prostrates*
    Words cannot explain my admiration for your initial work on Blue Lotus, and the amazing artistic style of yours that brought it so much character never before seen in a RTW mod. I've been a fan since the early days.

I've actually caught sight of some of your older work not too long ago for a Lord of the Rings mod done for MTW, and I must say that despite its simplicity, it holds a very unique flair of personality you don't find very often. Kudos!
    Last edited by Ticu; 09-17-2009 at 06:58.

Well, looks like things may have ground to a halt with this mod. If anyone has an interest in creating a campaign, feel free. I'd still be happy to help as I could, and would love to see a finished project. Beyond the small amount of sound and unit editing I've contributed, there isn't much more I can do. Rinsui did an awesome job, and may just have moved on to other stuff.

Just wanted to post a suggestion to those still interested: Go to Jeff Van Dyck's website and grab the music from the game Emperor. It's open for download, and a perfect backdrop to Blue Lotus. I've packaged it into my own rendition of Blue Lotus, but can't post it as I don't have his permission. But individually it's fine to use it. It'll take a bit of modding, but it's worth it.

Sorry to post in a very very old thread, but does someone here can upload a new link for the last version ? (I guess it's Rinsui's update). Thanks
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would appreciate it as well, since it would be a pity if this work of art was lost.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

The later ones with all the changes and additions of Rinsui I don't have, but I should have back ups of Hoggy's version of the game with some bugfixes and minor changes/additions somewhere. (If that one isn't online anymore)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The links to the Open Beta are down as well. FileFront seems to have forgotten about them completely. Do you still have the installer?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I'll do a look up on what I still have.

I've got a file called Blue_Lotus_BETA_V1.0.rar. I think that was either the first release or one of the last closed beta testing games before the release. And a file called unofficial fixes which probably fix the most pressing problems with the original Beta. Next I have some .zips from after the open bèta but those will not work when added to the original beta. I think the rest I had is lost due to pc crashes. I'll upoload the BETA_V1.0 and the .zip with fixes. Someone can test them out and see what you get. My R:TW CD's are missing so I can't test.

Thanks. I would be glad to test it :).
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

I'll have time to upload them tomorrow.

Does anyone still have Blue Lotus with Rinsui's updates on hard drive? Reupload needed.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

I asked around on TWC, and nhinhonhinho posted a link containing the Blue Lotus downloads. You'll need to combine the files into a single archive (I used 7-zip) and then plug them into RTW somehow - there's no installation instructions (although those from page 1 of this thread may still apply). From what I can see from checking out file dates and other clues, this appears to include the up-to-date set of Rinsui fixes, which means the mod should be playable. Good hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    OK here's the working link for Blue Lotus. I got it from the old threat of VNsharing forum

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq...+Lotus.zip.001
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/z8...+Lotus.zip.002
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tt...+Lotus.zip.003
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...+Lotus.zip.004

Note:
    1.Download them all in the same folder
    2.Join them (I'm using join and splitter)
    3.Now you get another zip file. extract it and you get another folder which store the mod's data
    Last edited by Kull; 11-16-2013 at 18:35.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Member thankful for this post:

Moros 

I would like to ask you, have no the oldest blue lotus test version 1? I need it to do me a favor, okay?BLUE LOTUS OPEN BETA V1.0
    Last edited by shilei10000; 06-21-2014 at 15:07.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

@Ludens or @Moros - Can the Org host the Blue Lotus (Rinsui Update) mod files linked to above? I'm concerned that eventually those links will no longer work, and then this interesting mod will disappear forever. Thanks.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910