Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Moros
    The first link works.
    Not anymore... Why don't you use megaupload? or something like that, cuz I still can't download the mod.
    There is no such thing as the best winnig, the one to screw up first loses.

-My dog has no nose!
    -Then how does it smell?
    -awfull!

dito
    i love the look off this mod but i carnt get it anywere

Default LINK DOESNT WORK!

Can some1 pleas upload the file on filefront or something or gamershell.
    PLEAS!!!

Angry Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Becos i realy want the game! so upload the game on filefront or gamershell!!

Tried to upload it on filefront and gamershell twice and each time the ul broke off after about 3 hours, I'll make a final attempt uploading it at Rapidshare this weekend.

Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

Check the "Rinsui's updates" thread.
    A direct link to the upload can be found there.
    If it doesn't work -> send me a mail.
    Cheers,
    Rinsui

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Thanks guys. Though I swear last time I checked the links worked. Those that did not work anymore were removed.

Is the install procedure still the same as listed on 6/12/06? You need a special unpacking tool? Thought I had read where this was going to be cleanedup and streamlined?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

It will be. The current version isn't actually the next version. It's just reuploaded as the mirrors were offline. Rinsui just added the most important fixes, as an extra.

...and of course, the unpacker is contained in the download I provided ^^/.
    Rinsui

many thanks from all fans
    There is no such thing as the best winnig, the one to screw up first loses.

-My dog has no nose!
    -Then how does it smell?
    -awfull!

Hey I know that this isn't the right place to post this but recently I've been doing a mod for rome about feudal japan...

I can do everything I need to do for the mod all exept for 1 thing

.CAS files hav eluded me now for a while cause I don't have the programs to edit them so right now I'm stuck

just wondering if somebody from the BL team can say that its ok to borrow BL .CAS filesfor samurai

I've always been very open on such matters, go ahead.
    But isn't it' unnecessary to invent the wheel over and over again? There already is a mod on Japan/Asia, it's called "Battles of Asia", I think - they also use our models. Their leader is called "Alexandre le Grrand" or something. Perhaps it would be easier for you to simply download their (near-completed) mod?
    Rinsui

Also there's the mod Ran no Jidai, which is essentially a more accurate version of Shogun TW for Rome. Check out there page as joining them may save you years of work.

Default Recruitment problems

I can only recruit those sexy dimmos is it something I have to wait for ? like something like Marian Reform or anything ? please I realy need help

me too but thats not whats getting to me the fact is i love this mod but whenever i go to certain parts of the map eg the terracota army thing i get a black screen that kills my game im prety sure the recruitment thingy just hasnt been completed yet am i right??

Guys, you've got to read further back in the posts, or just check more of the topics. This is not finished yet. The models alone were just recently finished. Rinsui is just extra nice and allows people to check out things as they are completed in order to get feedback and find bugs.
    The campaign isn't functioning because the units don't have stats. Try custom battles or multiplayer and send your feedback on how the units did at what stats.

yep i got that it wasnt complete also i reinstalled the mod and that bug disapeared so in all likelyhood it was human error but to feedback i had a full stack of demons off all varieties against the monks the demons had there arses stolen stuffed full of crud then handed back to them in other words they all routed because of the flame things i was so embarassed

Just to settle this once and for all... no, let's be realistic; until the first post on the ninth page of this thread, since noone is going to read what I wrote here then: The stats are work in (heavy) progress at the moment. They are one of the most tricky parts in every mod, and I deliberately take my time to come up with a logical, consistent, working, appropriate and intuitive formula for it. The problems I face are, for example: By how many % is the attack value of a unit realistically decreased if I add one extra point of armour (since you do become less agile, you know...), and how do I implement this formula in a way that takes into consideration the game engine's basic mechanics. In theory, I think the thing I have up in my sleeves is pretty nifty, as it prvides a reasonably restrictive base for realism while offering enough leeway for making units "unique". Just a few more days, and open custom battle stats should be ready.
    Rinsui

should have read the thread first haha sorry in any case it teaches me for playing on easy for a change. I do like the fact that the monks are powerfull knowing romes ai they wont leave that island so they should at least be a humongus thorn in my side to make up for it

Well. In the testplays I did before, they definitely did leave their island... and they pretty much conquered the southern part of (present day) Vietnam... Never underestimate random factors.^^
    Rinsui

lol im still amazed u used Philippines as Blue Lotus :D

Hi im new to this i have been looking for a mod of rome that is based on a asian theme but i cant seem to get this mod installied correctly im not getting anything when i click to open it keeps crashing out

@Phaib: Hm. This is strange. It definitely works for me, and I completely reinstalled my new system before I tried... perhaps you should try starting it with -nm in the link (this disables movies). Anyone else with this problem?
    Rinsui

Quote Originally Posted by kitagata View Post
    Also there's the mod Ran no Jidai, which is essentially a more accurate version of Shogun TW for Rome. Check out there page as joining them may save you years of work.
    Yes we're still alive

Rinsui, I just wanted to say great mod! And thank you that you are so open on sharing models, not everyone is like that you know

okay so i'm just wondering what's going on here? i first downloaded the original by hoggy i think his name was, and the campaign worked and everything.. 'twas very fun.

so i figure now that hoggy has abandonned blue lotus and rinsui has taken over? what exactly are you doing rinsui? just reskinning everything? bugfixing? please fill me in i'm very curious about what's happening with this mod as I loved it.

oh, and the 'rinsui updates' the new base version on november 2, does the campaign work on that? I think you posted somewhere that it doesn't, why doesn't it work like the original?

thanks, and i deeply appreciate all the hard-work put into this amazing mod.

@junkmonk
    Read the "Rinsui's updates" pages. Most of your questions are answered there.
    BTW, I was pretty lazy this last month, sorry.
    Rinsui

yeahh.... i had already looked through that thread and looked through it once more just now... none of my questions were really answered.. its alright though, i know you've been doing lots of hard work. i'm still not quite sure what you are doing though.... was the original blue lotus incomplete? please i am very curious.

and finally, why is the campaign not in a *final* stage now? wasn't it final when hoggy released it?

The campaign was plagued by bugs and random shutdowns, the Monk faction wasn't properly implemented and caused shutdowns, the Karazai and Choson were both minor factions and lacked the unit variety of the other factions, the unit tree needed work, and other stuff.

Rinsui is developing a whole new unit value/abilities system, and a better unit building system based on regions, I think.

If you really want the old Blue Lotus I could put the file up for you, but I think the new version that's coming will be much better.

Also, Rinsui, if you want a separate Choson General model, I gave a shot making one.

By changing descr_characters.txt and descr_model_battle.txt you can make the Spain faction not use the Celtic General.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast