Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Thumbs up Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Nicicity!
    Last edited by Wundai; 11-22-2008 at 20:05.

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

I was playing some custom battles and I am impressed by the demons!
    :p

Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

@Kitagata
    Kita, you are a genius. A possibility to change generals was right and exactly what kept breaking my plans for ages. If you were female, you'd have earned yourself a deepkiss now. Thank you!
    In fact, I also got some new general models in waiting. Be surprised tomorrow ^^/
    Rinsui

( need to go off-topic here for a moment, did you get my Last PM Rinsui? :) )

Rinsui - Here are the changed units, plus a few more ideas. Hope some of it works for you.

http://files.filefront.com/Unit+CASs.../fileinfo.html

Glad the descr_character.txt will work for you. If someone could make more detailed generals, there could be distinct character generals for the factions. Maybe in the distant future.

The new Japanese stats work well. The Ashigaru just get slaughtered... But that's there role.

@Kitagata
    Ah yes, the ashigaru may seem "overpriced" for their battle performance, but note that they have a very unique special ability no other unit has: They can sap. This may explain their relatively high cost. They are not there to battle. They are there to dig. The weakest "fighting" unit would be the Machi Militia.
    BTW: in the campaign game their recruitment price is halved, but they have a rather high upkeep cost. After all, if they are in your army, who will plough your fields? If this system does not sound reasonable, perhaps I'll have to think it over.
    Again, thank you for your files. 50% of the Choson units are done, btw.
    Rinsui

P.S.: I never take critique on my work as criticism.
    In fact, I mostly ignore it, hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
    No, seriously. Your Karazai units are in, and most of
    the other changes as well. Awesome work.

Edit:
    I just finished integrating all your changes.
    Here is the complete changelog:

Watchtower changes - accepted
    Dao Regular Model change - accepted
    Dao Regular colour change - refused. Reason: easier to distinguish from Gongshujia.
    Cho-ko-nu color changes - accepted
    Gongshijia Archers color change - accepted
    Iron Wall color changes - accepted
    Lei Gong Xion color changes - accepted
    Magistrate Cavalry color changes - accepted
    Masterless Blades color changes - refused. Reason: Masterless Blades are able to hide in long grass.
    This cannot be achieved with fancy garments. However, I adjusted
    the INFO picture to match in color.
    Qiang recruits color changes - partially accepted. More or less I simply switched the color schemes
    for Shi Militia and Qiang Recruits. Reason: The recruits are poorer.
    Shi Militia color changes - refused. Reason: see the entry on Qiang Recruits.
    Zhong Mao color changes - refused. Reason: this would make them look too similar to
    Imperial Guards.
    Khanate Heavy cavalry changes - refused. Reason: personal taste. I like how the Mong... Karazai look
    so "different".
    Mangudai changes - refused. Reason: This special head is reserved for the Iron Wolf unit.
    Officer Karazai changes - accepted
    Vassal Infantry changes - refused. Reason: The Karazai Infantry is very weak, but the Vassal
    infantry is the best they have: Heavily armoured, but very slow.
    To fit this (gameplay) idea, their armour has to look really heavy and bulky.
    Karazai Hore Archers color changes - accepted
    Khanate Archers changes - accepted
    Tribal spearmen color changes - accepted
    Warlord Bodyguards color changes - accepted. Damn. It had taken me hours to make the old version. But yours is better.
    General Choson changes - accepted
    Standard Choson Changes - partially accepted. You'll note that I insisted on adding the choson emblem.
    Jangchang Cavalry changes - accepted
    Jangchang Infantry changes - accepted
    Nangsun Villagers changes - accepted
    Singijeon changes - accepted
    Three Princes Cavalry changes - partially accepted. I gave them a completely new color scheme including your studded
    armor.
    Gaur Hunter Changes - accepted
    Terracotta Unit changes - accepted
    General Akagi Changes - accepted
    General Zensen Changes - accepted
    Heavy Samurai Cavalry color changes - accepted
    Naginata Samurai Zensen color changes - accepted
    Netherworld Bodyguard changes - accepted
    No-sachi Samurai Akagi color changes - accepted
    Officer Jade changes - accepted
    Standard Krishnapur changes - accepted. I always wondered what made her look so funny.
    Wang Liang changes - accepted
    White Mountain Rangers color changes - partially accepted. I gave them a new look with the Gaur Hunter furr.

The new patch is uploaded already.
    Last edited by Rinsui; 11-26-2008 at 17:08.
    Rinsui

Quote Originally Posted by kitagata View Post
    The campaign was plagued by bugs and random shutdowns, the Monk faction wasn't properly implemented and caused shutdowns, the Karazai and Choson were both minor factions and lacked the unit variety of the other factions, the unit tree needed work, and other stuff.

Rinsui is developing a whole new unit value/abilities system, and a better unit building system based on regions, I think.

If you really want the old Blue Lotus I could put the file up for you, but I think the new version that's coming will be much better.
    thanks for the helpful reply!

i'm wondering though, is the latest release by rinsui completely playable, or is the final playable version still a ways off?

Waaays off ;)
    Rinsui

Thats quite the list!

A shame the final playable version is ways off though :(
    Last edited by Wundai; 12-02-2008 at 11:01.

The first downloading link isn't working, please reupload the mod.

@The guy with the illegibly long name:
    A new base version will be uploaded this sunday (at least that's the plan!).
    If things go well, the Krishnapuri will be ready by then.
    Rinsui

Hey, I know you're on vacation and whatnot, I'm just stopping by to say I love what's going on with the mod so far and I can't wait to try the real thing. Wish I could be of more help with CTDs and whatnot, but so far as I can tell they are pretty random.

Random CTDs in campaign mode are most likely to errors in the names description files for characters (character birth is random, name selection is also, hence the CTDs will look "random" in nature, although they are tied to a very specific combination of factors).
    Ìt would help if you could describe in more detail in which faction's turn those CTDs appear...?
    Last edited by Rinsui; 02-01-2009 at 13:19.
    Rinsui

Sindarin Elf of Doriath Member Finch's Avatar

the work on this mod is just awesome

hey, I haven't been messing with this mod for a few months, but just started up again. If you're still active Rinsui, I'm starting to do customized siege towers for the different cultures.

Here are some works in progress.

https://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...intowerrt7.jpg

https://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...antowerno9.jpg

If you are interested in including something like this, let me know, and I'll send the finished CAS and txt to you.

Sindarin Elf of Doriath Member Finch's Avatar

thats just awesome

Oh. That's just perfect. And I have some good news: Dromikaites from the original team is back.
    He'll do the campaign map scripting.
    Actually, Kitagata, as you are already at it anyway...
    Some weeks ago I experimented with a "moving turtle fortress" for the zhuanshi. Actually you can use
    siege towers just like normal units in custom battles, so... get my point =) ?
    I still have major problems with the reaload times of some units. I tried to delete some frames
    from the fs_crossbow set to speed up firing for the Chu-ko-nu, but while this does speed up the
    reload process it also is tied to some extremely annoying flickering in battle. I'll post a screenshot
    later this week. Any clue of what to do?
    Rinsui

Here are the siege towers. Not very complicated, just modded separate skins and bolt thrower towers. In order, Yomi, Krishnapur, Chinese civs, Japanese civs
    Good, bad? Suggestions?

https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/...ontowerin2.jpg

https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/...iatowereu9.jpg

https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/...intowerpz9.jpg

https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/...antowerjt3.jpg

Last edited by kitagata; 02-20-2009 at 01:30.

Don't be ridiculous.
    Of course this once again is perfect.
    Btw, Kita, I still have problems with changing the animations of certain units. Whenever I delete a frame from the, lets say, fs_crossbow set -> LID_Xbow_aim_hold.CAS, I get some very weird flickering (with half the screen turning light blue for split seconds) in battle. Any clue why this would be?
    P.S.: Pease post the new siege tower files so I can integrate them and upload a new version. It's about time anyway ^.^/
    Rinsui

Here are the towers

http://files.filefront.com/siege+tow.../fileinfo.html

As for the flickering, I don't know. I haven't even tried to touch animation modding yet.

Maybe try asking for help in the mod question forum.
    Last edited by kitagata; 02-22-2009 at 01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsui View Post
    Don't be ridiculous.
    Of course this once again is perfect.
    Btw, Kita, I still have problems with changing the animations of certain units. Whenever I delete a frame from the, lets say, fs_crossbow set -> LID_Xbow_aim_hold.CAS, I get some very weird flickering (with half the screen turning light blue for split seconds) in battle. Any clue why this would be?
    P.S.: Pease post the new siege tower files so I can integrate them and upload a new version. It's about time anyway ^.^/
    I think the flickering means that the animation is distorting the model, so you're seeing several polygons oversized and thrown out of shape, which are appearing as blue flashes. This will often happen when you fit the wrong animation to a model (such as, for LOTR-TW, using troll animations for a regular infantry unit). It sounds like the same thing happens when you delete frames from an existing animation.

I have been very impressed with your work, Rinsui! I have not been able to download your version of the mod though--could you please upload it again?
    We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States.... — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
    --The American Declaration of Independence

Ok, Kita,
    I just managed to integrate your towers. It took me some time to figure out what was wrong, but the descr_engines.txt in the download you provided seems to be incomplete (changewise). As I also included a new siege engine for the Yuwan in the new version, I suppose you use the descr_engines.txt from that one.
    Those towers are just perfect, btw.
    Thank you once again.
    Rinsui

Exclamation Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

The download link for the base version is not working. It links to the Filefront homepage...

Hi I want to download this mod.. but the links are down could I be able to get a new link for this?

Thank you in advance

I have long had an acount on TWC, but never here, and so have never heared of some of the mods here.

Two questions. What is this mod exactly? I cant find the thread explaining it. And is it now dead?
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

This mod is an asian mythology mod. It has samurai, chinese soldiers, legendary gods and heroes who fight with their armies, monks, and demons. There is no campaign map as of yet because this is just a beta. Get the latest version at Rinsui's Updates thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    This mod is an asian mythology mod. It has samurai, chinese soldiers, legendary gods and heroes who fight with their armies, monks, and demons. There is no campaign map as of yet because this is just a beta. Get the latest version at Rinsui's Updates thread.
    there was a campaign map when i played it 1 and a half years ago... what happened?

They got rid of it since they still have to work on the units. I think that they said that once the units are done and finallized, they will redo the campaign map.

It's been a while since there were any updates, so I just wanted to check on whether Rinsui was still working on the mod.
    If it's been closed down, the work you put in made Blue Lotus a unique and imaginative little game. If it's still being worked on, I look forward to a campaign!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast