Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Exclamation Blue Lotus Open Beta

BLUE LOTUS OPEN BETA V1.0
    Mod for Rome Total War 1.5

Mod
    Download: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...18&postcount=2 (Rinsui's 1st update)
    Size: 300MB aprox

Music patch
    Download: http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/download...OTUS_MUSIC.rar
    Size 90MB aprox

use 7-zip(free)
    www.7-zip.org

Blue Lotus is a fantasy mod derived from the history and mythology of China, Japan and India. The map is a distorted map of Asia which is being encroached upon from the west by a huge force of demons and mythological creatures. With over 120 new units, factions include Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Demon, Korean, Mongol and the Monks. All the factions are warring for control of the world and to gain the ultimate prize… The Blue Lotus

VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
    2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43 or http://files.filefront.com/fileparse.../fileinfo.html
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
    6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
    7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
    8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
    9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
    10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
    11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
    12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.

NOTES:
    Mod Home: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Copyright: Blue Lotus is not supported by CA and is a non profit making enterprise. This is a Beta version and may be buggy. All images and contents are copyright of their respective creators.
    Feel free to re-use any original BL content in any other non-profit mods as long as the respective artists are credited. If possible contact us for details on authors.

Factions: Blue Lotus has always been designed to be played as the Japanese, Chinese or Indian factions. And is most complete as these factions. The Demon faction is playable but is very easy on the current settings. The Korean and Mongol factions are 'mini' factions ie they have a smaller selection of unit types and have non-unique UI and names etc. They are playable but not as rounded as other factions.

Limitations: Blue Lotus was always conceived as a bit of fun. Fun to make and fun to play. There are many areas where due to lack of manpower and time we have taken shortcuts. This gives a working, overall impression whilst still allowing us to release the mod within our lifetimes. Examples; Cities do not have different building models for every building type, units don't have LODs, 2D artwork for message screens are mostly drawn from historical/illustrative sources rather than hand drawn like the building images. There are very few new animations in game. There should, however, be plenty here to give the feel of a complete Mod.

CREDITS:

other credits go to: Familyguy, Ghengis Kahn, Rinsui
    Last edited by Moros; 04-27-2008 at 17:22.

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Please only reply to this thread with install problems

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Thank you Hoggy-san.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Last time I tried to DL a mod it screwed up my RTW. It's fixed now, but I want to know how long before it's actually completely finished instead of being a Beta (if ever).

Do I have to DL the music patch or is that why you didn't add it to the main DL?

The best bet is to do a copy of a fresh install. BL will overwrite RTW and replace it so do it on a different version. You only need to download the music if you want our music to go with the mod.

Could I install it over a clean version of BI 1.6? Thank you Hoggy, thank you indeed.

Is the full version coming out soon and will it be this confusing to install????

I WANN PLAY WIT HUGE ELEPHANTS
    RTR forums: mercman
    TWcenter: angmar_nite
    SCC: king henry

Unhappy Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Congratulations hoggy, you deserve the highest praise for your achievements!

Been playing for 3 hours as the Choson, and the sheer extent of the work that has gone into Blue Lotus is astounding. Can't wait to go into battle against the Demons.

Well done hoggy

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

Angry Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Hoggy you are god!! Downloadin now, BTW the music pack link doesint seem to be working.

WOW........ Finally.......

THank you Hoggy

The first thing I checked when I got off work was world cup score and this mod.

And my dream finally come true!!!

Indeed, I'd also like to know if this mod works on BI. It is perhaps one of the most anticipated community mods, and congrats for making all the way to an Open Public Beta Hoggy!

It's not compatible with BI yet unfortunately. we tried but there were a few hurdles we couldn't jump. Possibly in the future.

I should point out this mod is a team effort not just me There is a list of members in the current status link. Hope everyone is enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    It's not compatible with BI yet unfortunately. we tried but there were a few hurdles we couldn't jump. Possibly in the future.

I should point out this mod is a team effort not just me There is a list of members in the current status link. Hope everyone is enjoying it.
    Umm... What exactly is wrong with the BI version... >_>? I have it installed on BI right now, and it appears to work fine. (As in, RTW folder, not the Bi folder) Is there something I should look out for, should I reinstall entirely? Its been smooth sailing for the entire time and I've played for at least 20 turns, no CTDs or anything o_oa.

Hoggy, I have a 15-20% chance of CTD each end turn, playing as blue china...is it normal? CTDs are not persistent but it's a bit tedious having to restart RTW all the time...
    TigerVX, I have tried it on BI and on pure RTW and I think that there are some missing features on the BI version...nothing necessary.
    Why are sprites removed? I had huge slowdown till I manually re-introduced them. Now it works like a charm. Did I already said it's the best mod I have ever played?

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

WinRAR keeps reporting an unexpected end of the RAR file. The others do not seem to have this problem, but does anyone what the cause could be?

download links dont work:

PS: hoggy would u like me to mirror it for a bit?

-Marcvs

sorry for the double post but as I am not allowed to edit..the rar error sounds like a corrupted download.

It should be ok, maybe just busy. try again in a bit.

omg...i will download this for sure!!!!!!!

AHH! WINRAR END OF FILE?!? Whats going on.....
    Also when i try to save it to my computer before the download starts the download keeps on ending at random places

PLEASE HOST ANOTHER MIRROR!

When I try to remove the data file created in pack, it tells me that it cannot be moved because a program is using it.
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Ill love it if there would be any other download links for the mod! Im extremely bored waiting for a new link because ive been trying to download with that link (about 23 times now ). Please hoggy post a new link im soooooooooooo desperate to play this game to the full.

hello to you all! Member Samurai Fanatic's Avatar

The same things happening to me.
    1000 warriors is the start of a great empire

Lol dudes, mirror coming...

Thank you General Sun, that's a real help.

Sorry, if I sound like a noob, but how did you manually re-introduce the sprites?

Just one question: Do I need WinRar to install this, and if I do, then can someone give me a download link?
    Last edited by Perplexed; 06-14-2006 at 07:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoble
    Sorry, if I sound like a noob, but how did you manually re-introduce the sprites?
    Go to the data folder, open descr_model_battle, look at the huge list of units. Delete all " ; " before lines which say model_sprite etc. LEAVE THE CHINESE HEAVY SPEARMAN WITHOUT SPRITES, CTDS if you don't

Thank you General Sun when you eventually host the new mirror.....i feel like hugging you.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast