Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Well I don't know much about vegetation but, BL has already modded vegetation maybe that has something to do with it? Or it might be that in BL you've extracted the files in the pack and changed the names of the packs (during the install) so while a normal Rtw might find the files in the packs now it can't. Maybe you should ask in the thread of the tutorial (if you can post there.)

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

i do knoiw BL has modified vegetation...and i moded new trees in...and new textrues for the already existing ones, so as to increase the variety of trees in the woodlands...but that is the whole point..i can't make the new ones appear in game, with the old vegetation.db file in place...and cannot load the mod without it, cuz that way, the trees added by BL won't be there, furthermore, the .cas files for them are in the db file...so if i remove it, i can't even load the game...if the cas files were in the models_vegetation folder, by removing the vegetation.db, the game would do a new .db file icluding all the models, but lacking the Blue Lotus cas files, the game can't do it, and so won't load... and the said folder doesn't even come in the instalation files of the mod...i double checked...even dowloaded the mod a second time...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Hmmm...Well I'm not familiar with the vegetation.You might want to ask whoever made the tutorial. (Tough I can guess who it was.)

if i want to keep the BL trees ingame i'll have to keep the vegetation.db in place, or get the models...as there is no vegetation.db editing tool, im basicaly stopped...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

any possibilitie of release for the missing cas files for all the vegetation released with the mod? cuz i wanted to add some of my own..=\ and a few retextures....but i can't do to lack of the models in the mod...

Hmm Well I guess Hoggy has those but he has left. You should ask him but I don't know if he will. He's the artist so he decides what happens with his creations.

i understand that and neither was i implying other wise, i just requested something, and you guys at blue lotus make the choice..to make it available to the community or not because it's your work and you have all the rights to it. simple as that=)

My main CTS'd are after battles with the beasty Rebels. This mod breaks my heart every time I play it as it's the best idea for a mod I've seen but after I've toiled over a battle for ages just to find that I have to reload my game and do it again knowing that it might CTD again. Fantastic mod though. cant wait til it's complete
    Is this your homework Larry, is this your homework. Larry is this your homework.

Yeah, I know. We're still working on a patch be it slowly, we just lack manpower.

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Smile Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Quote Originally Posted by Moros
    Yeah, I know. We're still working on a patch be it slowly, we just lack manpower.
    If you want, I can give some help...
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

That would be great, what we mainly need are people who can do work on the textfiles, bugfixes,... If you can help with that pm me or something and we can talk about it.

before i started playing Blue lotus a error came up
    Error:Filename doesn't exist:
    data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_0.5.CAS.

it works now but i can't do custom battles

... are you sure you installed it right??

I think you have done some mistakes with the pak files. Try installing it again and follow the steps of read me meticulously.

INCREDIBLE!!!
    After installing the Yomi bugfix I've had nothing but smooth nonCTD action.
    I was having problems with rebel-related CTD's but tht fix has really sorted it out (not sure if it was meant to happen or if it's a happy coincidence). The Yomi are now bordering my lands (akagi clan) they will know that human race still has strength.
    I did have trouble with the yomi not spreading fast enough so I used th "add_money, egypt" console command to boost thir funds a bit and now they are unstoppable like a real demon army. This mods now extremely playable!!!!!YAAAAAAAAA
    Is this your homework Larry, is this your homework. Larry is this your homework.

good to hear things run well.

Time to return to a wonderfull mod:)

hi I'm new here I've got trouble , my unit's instead 80 or 121 or 54 soldiers have 15 or 22 or 16 , can anyone help me ???

Quote Originally Posted by nowator
    hi I'm new here I've got trouble , my unit's instead 80 or 121 or 54 soldiers have 15 or 22 or 16 , can anyone help me ???
    Welcome to the Org!

As for your problem, just go to the main menu, click on options, and then Video Options, check the advanced options checkbox.

Then change your unit size from Tiny to whatever size you want...

Byz

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantineKnight
    As for your problem, just go to the main menu, click on options, and then Video Options, check the advanced options checkbox.

Then change your unit size from Tiny to whatever size you want...
    Keep in mind that these changes won't affect your current savegames: you have to start a new campaign if you want to see larger units.

Welcome to the Org, BTW .
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Okay, I donloaded the mod and everything seemed nice. However, when I launched the game, there was massive lag on the menu screen. I found it impossible to play custom battles because moving the cursor was such a pain. I did start a campaign though and it included not a sign of the lag. Everything ran smoothly. The battles were all nice and such but when I went back to the menu screen, there was this horrible lag again. I can't seem to find out what is causing this lag.

If someone could help me, I would appreciate a lot

The background movie might be causing the lag... If you want you could disable it to try to get rid of the lag, it is easy to fix...

create a shortcut of Rome Total War, and right click it and open properties

on the Target Line you will see "D:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe"

just add -nm to the end of the line so it looks like this

"D:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm

and then you are done :D hope this helps, tell me if you have any questions or if it doesnt work

Byz

Quote Originally Posted by Nergal1610
    Okay, I donloaded the mod and everything seemed nice. However, when I launched the game, there was massive lag on the menu screen. I found it impossible to play custom battles because moving the cursor was such a pain. I did start a campaign though and it included not a sign of the lag. Everything ran smoothly. The battles were all nice and such but when I went back to the menu screen, there was this horrible lag again. I can't seem to find out what is causing this lag.

If someone could help me, I would appreciate a lot

That solved it. Thank you very much!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234