Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Please post any bugs you find here. Save before each turn and try to isolate the bugs cause before posting. (See EB guidelines for bug testing)

Default Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Please note, if you find the portraits and other parts of the UI are still vanilla you haven't installed properly as per the Readme instalation instructions.

Post Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

One little bug thing as the Choson/Koreans: Pretty much every family member posesses the Faction Leader trait, which is a little weird...

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

I don't want to complain but sprites are desperately needed - I do not believe they are yet in, but I may be wrong

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Sprites are there. Its just there are no lower LODs for the models. Im sure that will be taken care of.

I'm still downloading the mod, but the LOD problem can be fixed by editing the entries in desc_model_battle file; at least in vanilla RTW.

Here is how you do it, if I can remember (been so long since I touched RTW data files): First, you can eliminate sprites altogether by putting a ; before the sprites entry. Second, modify all the model_flexi entries to reflect the high poly model.

Only two basic problems with this: (a) it's very tedious to modify each and every file; and (b) you better have a powerful computer to have the high poly models substituted for low poly ones. There are other minor problems such as the models disappearing altogether when you're zoomed all the way out; but it generally works well.

I'll know more when I finally download the file (its only taking about an hour anyway) and dissect it. If the BL units have sprites included, then things will be much easier.

Playing this mod and loving it! (Despite some FPS drops, but I'm sure that will be sorted out eventually.) Though I noticed the Tibetan infantry for rebels doesn't have a texture, but that doesn't spoil this one bit =D!

Edit: Huh, weirdest thing. They get textures when they die, but while they're alive they don't, weird.
    Last edited by TigerVX; 06-13-2006 at 07:32.

Sprites could be manually re-activated. Go to descr_model_battle and do it, it's a 6 minutes work. How many end-turn CTDs are you getting guys? I get it roughly 20% of the time...

I'll post an updated dmb here this lunchtime. don't know how that slipped through the net :)

Edit: Ok it'll be tonight as I don't have my copy on me
    Last edited by hoggy; 06-13-2006 at 12:59.

I can add a couple

I allied with the demons and they gave their maps, when i double click on any of their cities to have a look I get a CTD... so I stopped doing that.

Highways show the 'this text should not appear' warning when the building complete report comes up.

Some rebels have 'unlocalised placement text' units of 24 peasant looking men, a seige weapon? i havent faced them in the field yet

The monks died twice, after the initial big list of dead factions at the start they died again about 8 hours into playing. Makes me wonder what exactly is going on at that island of theirs the swarm of pirates prevents me from finding out

Its not a bug, but id like to add that choson infantry always wasted my samurai, peasants with impractical forks should be falling over and impaling each other, not anhialating my finest, hahah

thats all for now, excellent mod, many thanks.

Thanks for making this mod. Your work is really amazing. It's the best inspired mod I've ever played.

Here's what I've found. It looks like there's a graphical glitch with the 3D model of the Yari cavalry. When they stop running or walking, the front side of the horse's body is deformed.

I didn't play this mod for long before my computer crash (not related to blue Lotus I think), but I have some comments.

First of all the generals attributes are a little hard to read, with grey text on tan to orange background. Beyond that... Hmm, I think it's perfect! I was just a little confused earlier because I was used to having green arrows, when I started playing the battles it really confused me now to have some kind of indication which units I'm selecting. This brings me to the second point, it's difficult to tell via unit cards which units you have selected. Perhaps the color difference could be increased?

Of course these aren't bugs, just random feedback I have.

From what I've played so far it's a great mod! I especially enjoyed your excellent campaign map.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saulot333
    Sprites could be manually re-activated. Go to descr_model_battle and do it, it's a 6 minutes work. How many end-turn CTDs are you getting guys? I get it roughly 20% of the time...
    Huh? I've played decades without getting CTd. (When not in touch with the demons to much.)

It's strange. After the first ctd-plagued turns, the game is now smooth as silk. I don't understand why and I don't complain ;)

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Dunno if this has been told but the guys in rebel armies with the arrow on the arrmours project weird shadows all over the place , dunno what's that caused by .... also I noticed some indian spearmen use a sword animation instead of a spear one , but an easy to fix bug I say ^^ ....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

There is a glitch when the defenders of Kamar try to lift the siege

they keep running around that tree and never come out of it.

PLEASE for the love of God change the download mirror! I can never fully download it and it keeps on stopping at random points! Im desperate to play this!

blast, the karazai city Huang Ping causes a ctd if I try to spy, attack, or double click to just look at it, im presuming the demon one i mentioned earlier is the same

Quote Originally Posted by mac89
    There is a glitch when the defenders of Kamar try to lift the siege

they keep running around that tree and never come out of it.
    This has happen to me in original RTW. no idea what the cause is.

All right here is the list of the issues and goodies i faced when playing.

Do if you wish:

1. The random arrows in the undead samurai should be taken off, its a cool idea but it looks as if all of them were shot in the same exact spots by three arrows. just doesnt work.
    2. The blade in the to moe gozen goes through their hats at all times, moving the hand a bit to the front should solve that.
    3. Custom battle maps would be nice, especially with the undead theme.

Tweaks:

1. The Demon watch tower is out of control.. the size should be a bit reduced. When you build a watch tower it covers the entire figure of the captain or general.
    2. I also agree to go with a darker font..
    3. Adding to that, the battle buttons (Fire at will) so on should be significantly darker when activated. A red border would do the trick.
    4. The mine profit for the demon side does not show up.
    5. Arrange the troops in custom battles as in RTW, with the worst first and best last. Infantry then cavalry then seige weapons.

The must do:

1. When i played the demons i faced crashes every 2 to 3 turns, This i think is related to the AI issue. This must be some how fixed.. it really frustrates me to play this excellent mod.
    2. Also create sprites for all the units from a far distance.. when i play with 2500+ units the lag gets unbearable. This really needs to be fixed.

and how about pay pall donations?

This mod is really awesome please keep up all the great work!
    Im glad if i could help

Blork.

I haven't had any CTD after 5 hours play. Playing as Japan 1 and eliminated Japan 2 and moving onto Koreans

It's a THE BEST MOD I've seen, very professionally done

Some Minor issues such as weird text like "warning this text should never appear here" in some building description

and the monks got eliminated in 257 BC!? may be pirates landed on the island and took them out???

No major bugs so far

The monks seem to have uber-mass rebellion extremely early in the game, however, they also appear to be the #1 cause of CTDs. Because if I read correctly, people experienced CTD early on, but they stopped after a bit of play. The same is my experience, as I had 2 CTD on monk turns, but once they got owned, I've had nothing but fun. So just a note, it appears the monks are quite troublesome.

Good stuff guys keep it up. Hopefully going to release a little patch soon to fix sprites issue as that is the most major. Hopefully General Sun can furnish us with a download mirror too to take some of the pressure off. Many thanks for all the comments.

Choson's recruitment tree is a bit messed up. I have cleaned, streamlined and rationalized it and now it works like a charm.
    There is only a small problem. Choson doesn't have religious buildings...

I'm sorry, I have no idea how that happened. Moderators, could you please delete the multiple posts? Thanks
    Last edited by saulot333; 06-14-2006 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerVX
    The monks seem to have uber-mass rebellion extremely early in the game, however, they also appear to be the #1 cause of CTDs. Because if I read correctly, people experienced CTD early on, but they stopped after a bit of play. The same is my experience, as I had 2 CTD on monk turns, but once they got owned, I've had nothing but fun. So just a note, it appears the monks are quite troublesome.
    Yes noticed the same, once they got fraged i didn't experienced any more CTD.
    Only had CTD whe clikcing on the already reported demon citadel.

Anyone Tryed multiplayers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerVX
    Damn, I have discovered the same, exactly after having modded the game to let monks survive mass-rebellions
    I will kill them all.

Edit: After having wiped out the monks off the descr_strat I got a CTD-free campaign. I tested it, 100 turns, 0 ctds. I advise you to do the same, at the moment monks are quite useless in campaign anyway.
    Last edited by saulot333; 06-14-2006 at 17:10.

so how do you exactly get rid of the monks?

Default Sv: Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

A little bug I found on the campaign map:

As you can see the area left of the city is impassiable(sp??) for some reason which forces the troops to move all the way around to get to the city as you can see on the screenshot.
    I can't imagine this to be on purpose since it make re-supplying your armies a real pain.
    Last edited by TB666; 06-14-2006 at 19:16.

I'm also getting problems with the Karazai city of Huang Ping, every time I try to click on it or invade it or send a spy there, it CTDs
    "This is a-radi-hi-iiic-ulous"-Zeek

Ok, I found another 'bug'... this is more of a slip-up. It has to do with the unit stats of the goguryo cavalry.

They are supposed to be heavily armoured cavalry, but they're not. They are still ridiculously good at butchering anything in melee; but it's not because of their 'high' armour stats or their 'frighten foot' attribute; it has to do with their defense stats being reversed.

Their defense stats are: 5/11/0; which means they have decent armour and an insanse defensive skill. It's this defensive skill that makes them very hard to kill when in melee; and their low armour that makes them vulnerable to archers. I switched it around to 11/5/0 and they're still very good at slaugthering infantry, but less vulnerable to archers; and spearmen and ap units can now kill them effectively.

Here are some stat comparisons: armour/defense skill/shield
    Goguryo Cavalry: 5/11/0
    Krisnapur Lancers: 7/4/0 (don't they have a shield?)
    Shishi Riders: 6/5/1
    Guan Yu Cavalry: 8/7/0
    Samurai Heavy Cavalry: 8/7/0
    Mongol Heavy Cavalry: 4/9/0 (same thing as the Goguryo Cavalry)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast