Thread: Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Feedback and Comments.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Default Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Feedback and Comments.

Post here your comments, negative or positive about the mod , do not post Bugs or problems in this thread.

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Default Re: Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Feedback and Comments.

Very good mod man the skins are absolutely terriffic the best skins i've ever seen in a mod for RTW... I don't think any mod in the future could ever possibly surpass those skins...

I'm not so sure about the seperate Roman factions though man... 4 unit slots for what could be 1 faction... Having 2 other Roman families stops you from expanding realistically as the Romans which i know a lot of people love to do, myself included... On the other hand the possibility of a later civil war is nice and also having 3 seperate factions in a way is realistic, because Rome was never ruled by one man until Augustus, so the three families represents generals with different ambitions quite nicely i think and also no other mods have 3 seperate factions for Rome, they are all unified...

One thing i definately think you have to change though man are the unit stats... They're as bad as vanilla... Units route seconds after contact again.

Default Re: Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Feedback and Comments.

Love the new skins. But there's one part of them that sort of gets me: their faces. The faces of most of the Roman units very obstructed and blurry and undefined. Even at the highest video setting, it still looks a little blurry. Their faces need more definition.

Other than that, two thumbs up. I like your grass, too.
    Last edited by Naja; 06-24-2006 at 10:48.

I've been lurking around here for quite some time, these skins, models & various ancilliaries are absolutely awesome.

I'm absolutely dying to see the Carthaginians
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

I think I've figured out what's not right about the faces: on some units, you can't see their eyes! On later units like the Cohors Imperialis their helmets aren't so low. But the earlier units like Roarii, Hastati, Princepes, and Triarii have helmets that are so low, you can't see their eyes. It sort of looks odd.

Nothing wrong with the Hastati eyes.
    Do a seige with a siege tower & as they gather at the top of the tower you can see the face up close.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Quote Originally Posted by hoom
    Nothing wrong with the Hastati eyes.
    Do a seige with a siege tower & as they gather at the top of the tower you can see the face up close.
    Must've been my imagination. ; )

Default Roman Centurions

Roman Centurions need a new animation for giving orders. Since they have large scuta like the other legionaries, it looks really silly when they raise their left arm and the entire shield comes with it.

This could be easily resolved by changing it to a different arm. For example, whenever a general uses his Rally Troops ability, he uses his sword arm to give the order. I think that Centurions should give orders with their right arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    One thing i definately think you have to change though man are the unit stats... They're as bad as vanilla... Units route seconds after contact again.
    Well, if you would compare the stats of the non roman units with the roman ones you will see why:

first of all the non roman units haven't got new stats, or at least they're not in the ROMAN skin pack - so far the only RES GESTAE part that's out -;
    secondly the ROMAN units do have massive unit stats, wait for a bit fight a few battles and your Hastati equal Vanilla Praetorians.

In my opinion this just isn't right: there should be more of a chance for non roman players to survive: and !
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

In my experience it's been just the opposite. Whereas in the vanilla game you could have several Legionary Cohorts rout a full 20 units of Germans, now those barbarians will fuck you up!

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Have you downloaded the new patch with the Darth Vader balancements?

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Your mod doesn't work!

Terrible Turk Member Little Legioner's Avatar
    Somewhere in Balkans. Collecting younglings for the Janissary corps. Preparing the troops for upcoming war.

Legion download links are down Prom and do you think to add your city add on?

Finest goods and lowest prices in all Cyrodiil.