Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are things going?

Default Re: How are things going?

It is for BI 1.6 at the moment :(

Thanks for the offer. Can you do 2D art stuff, btw?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Menander is the new leader of the mod.
    I confirm that.

Me and Legio are still advisors.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Menander, good luck!

I suggest to build up the mod on the Arabic, Viking and Hungarian raids. This would be more interesting. And rename the mod because this "AOVAF" name does not very interesting.

I can help with the history and historical maps.

Here's some idea by Atilla Reloaded giving suggestions to modders.

--------------------------

Well, it is a sad but predictable failure. (Imperia Romana - Csatádi)

From me, as a one who was a member of two unsuccessful mods, TSTW and IR, before I started my own one, IBFD, I would like not to discuss the reasons of this project's death, but say some words for the beginning modders, which may be usefull for for other more expirienced modders too, in order to avoid such situations, when the expectations and work of many are wasted.

1) When you are starting a mod you must have a certain plan of what you must create, if you will announce a mod with only an idea, but with no abbility or willing to realise it, it's only a matter of time when it will be dead.

2) Models of organising a mod:

2a) If you have a great team of able and talented modders, who are sure to complete a project, draw a certain detailed list of things to do and ways of making them. You may change details, but try to follow it.
    2b) If you don't have a great team of able and talented modders, who are sure to complete a project, try to create this mod version-by-version, adding lesser changings in the begining and bigger after. It is good for teams of beginning modders, who will make their skills better starting with simple things and creating more complicated things later. Simple example is my IBFD mod.

3) Every team member must know what to do and have a certain list of duties he will follow.

4) The biggest mistake any beginning modder makes - for example, a modeller, creates some models, than he understands that his last model is way better than the first one, he begins to remake others so the looks as good as the last one, but that he again sees that his skills became better and he wants to make his models better again. This causes terrible time loss. Better to release early models in the first versions and remake them for the next version, or you won't ever release anything.

Hope you will find my advice useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12