Thread: Super powerful Gaul?

Default Super powerful Gaul?

Is it just my game or did the Gaul become super powerful. I'm playing as the Brutii and they've beaten the Julii back to one city, and the senate is pumping out armies to defend itself. Gauls come around the side and is attacking the greek cities, which are mine now, with 4 full stacks of troops. Currently it is 245BC and the cities are still very small with 4000-6000 population.

Inside the graph thing, where you can see stats the gauls currently have over a million denarii and make 20k a turn. They register as being so powerful they offer me to become a protectorate every turn even though I've won every battle I've had with them and currenlty hold 12 cities. I spawned two legions to help fight back but I'm currently 2k in the red, it will be 3 turns till I'm back in the black. And they're troops just keep comming.

Also my troops seem to tire much more rapidly than they use to, marching across the field to meet the enemy when they're on defense leaves my men tired. I have to march halfway, and stop, then march half way and stop, then charge.

stalin

Default Re: Super powerful Gaul?

Well the warbands are stronger than hastati now... I rolled over the gaul in 6 turns as julii on VH/M:on turn one i packed my starting army onto a boat, by turn 3 I beseiged and with the help of a spy sacked (And enslaved making sure that the population went only to my capital) Carthage, same turn i recruited a general with full legion and within 4 after that turns rolled over the gauls all the way to narbo maritus. Game over. The AI didn't stand a chance...So it must be the julii that are weak

I started a game as the Gauls and played for about 12 turns. I noticed that no matter how much money I spend, I still recieve 10k denarii at the end of each turn. Then the game adds or subtracts what I spent the previous turn.

So if I was 2k in the black, and ended the turn I'd make 12k. If I was 2k in the red I'd make 8k. Is anyone else seeing this? The gaul in my campaign have become so powerful they can't really be stopped not unless I had cut them off in the beginning. Any ideas?

Looking in the scripts I found this, I believe this is the reason the gauls get soooo rich. The slaves never gain any money so the gauls get 10k each turn.

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType slave
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 1000
    console_command add_money gauls, 10000
    end_monitor

I use a script just like it in my mod. Just dekete it and theyll ocme back to normal. Its a good booster for a weak faction