Thread: Campioni Del Mondo!!!!!!!!!

Default Campioni Del Mondo!!!!!!!!!

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Default Re: Campioni Del Mondo!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing Italy won the World Cup?

Well, congratulations!
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

yes we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to my Italian friends, I think Italy well deserved it. Azzuri were one of the most consistent teams in the past 4 World Cups, semi-finals in '90, finals in '94, then (a very talented but very unlucky team) quarterfinals 98, and in 02 the refree robbed you. You really deserved it this time, although this is one of the weaker Italian teams I saw. Plenty of talent (Totti, Del Piero, Inzaghi) but most of the really big names played poorly. You need new stars fast.

I really hate it when people trash Materazzi and forgive Zidane everything. that's really dumb, no matter what Materazzi said, it shouldn't have provoced such a reaction (I would have understood if Zidane insulted him back or even pushed him a bit, but that headbutt was brutal, like a street thug). Besides football players insult each other all the time, it's actually something one should laugh about since it's a show of weakness in my opinion (if one can't stop an opposing player in the field he tries and play mind games).

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
    Congratulations to my Italian friends, I think Italy well deserved it. Azzuri were one of the most consistent teams in the past 4 World Cups, semi-finals in '90, finals in '94, then (a very talented but very unlucky team) quarterfinals 98, and in 02 the refree robbed you. You really deserved it this time, although this is one of the weaker Italian teams I saw. Plenty of talent (Totti, Del Piero, Inzaghi) but most of the really big names played poorly. You need new stars fast.

I really hate it when people trash Materazzi and forgive Zidane everything. that's really dumb, no matter what Materazzi said, it shouldn't have provoced such a reaction (I would have understood if Zidane insulted him back or even pushed him a bit, but that headbutt was brutal, like a street thug). Besides football players insult each other all the time, it's actually something one should laugh about since it's a show of weakness in my opinion (if one can't stop an opposing player in the field he tries and play mind games).
    Once again you show your intelligence Ygg, we lost two times against France (1998-2000) playing a lot better, maybe we do not play the best match of tournament on the final but we have played extra times on prevoius game, however we score two goal (I am not sure the second was active offside) and hit a wood, so we deserved it, we are also unbeated in last 25 matches.

no more words about zdane, is a good player and a small man, I already seen his headbutt when he play in Italy, I am glad he finish his career in this way

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Default AW: Campioni Del Mondo!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the squadra.

But i gotta admit: this was one of the weaker finals i have seen in my life.

In my opinion Gartuuso was the teams best player, he is wicked & a good tactitian.

Don`t know about Zidane....If your sister and mom get insulted, wtf??? I do understand his reaction, but think it was 2 far out there on the (Total War) scale.....
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Default Re: AW: Campioni Del Mondo!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subedei
    Don`t know about Zidane....If your sister and mom get insulted, wtf??? I do understand his reaction, but think it was 2 far out there on the (Total War) scale.....
    That's what I said- I'd understood if he insulted him back or if they pushed about a bit, or if he leaned into his face shoutinjg etc., but to go crazy just like that.

A measure of self control is required at all times.

Well Trezeguet decided euro 2000 he decided Germany 2006 as well