Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The EB Help Required Thread

Default Re: The EB Help Required Thread

Hi Gourmet. Could you PM me some of your work? (modeling/skinning)

"Break in the Sun, till the Sun breaks down"

WotD 2D graphic Dude Member Gebeleisis's Avatar

hey guys , i am amazed with this mod and i would love to help

i am a photoshoper and have a small 3 man studio
    we have me as a photoshoper, and 2 buddies for moviemaking and 3d

i would love to help with EB sigs,banners and everything graphic even a movie

pls consider my offer :D
    here are some of my work :)

sorry that i used some of your artwork on my sig but i loved that one

hope to hear from you guys :)

Arrow Re: The EB Help Required Thread

Hi,

I would be happy to offer my services as a Modeling and Texturing Artist for this Mod. I can currently offer around five hours a week. Some examples of my work can be veiwed here... http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=56569

Cheers

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomrubick
    Hi,

I would be happy to offer my services as a Modeling and Texturing Artist for this Mod. I can currently offer around five hours a week. Some examples of my work can be veiwed here... http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=56569

Cheers
    Hey, thanks for the offer check your PM inbox.

Any help required as regards sound editing or anything music related? I am first of all a physicist but am also a guitarist and sound aficionado. I share a small homerecording studio and have recorded semi professionally a friend's band and one of my ex-band's songs. I have a very good knowledge of editing and sequencing (using Cubase and Wave plugins) and a workable knowledge of computer created music (mainly through Reason). I'd be glad to give some of my time to anything related.
    My first balloon: (awarded to undevastate me)
    My second balloon: (kindly awarded by Emperor Burakukuku)

"Have a hearty breakfast lads, for tonight we dine in Hades!"

Perhaps the voice mods? For music, we're looking mostly for very specific pieces, like the ones we have already.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-01-2008 at 15:40.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

IF you are still looking for anyone for scripting, research, fact checking, basic map changing, beta testing or wter carrying, please let me know! More than willing to help. I am a professional programmer a history buff, so I'm certain I could learn other things, such as texturing and would very much like to learn more intricate map contruction, but these are the only areas I have first a great deal of immediate confidence in. PM for EB 1.1 or EB 2

I have been an avid fan of Europa Barbarorum for a number of years now and cannot commend your work enough.
    I generally play as the roman faction as I like the political system and now the new provincial government system as well. However, having looked through the traits and name files I notice that there are a very limited range of family names (gens) with associated cognomens. As such I was wondering if you had need of someone to research the names and assosciated details for the gens information as I would love to contribute to this. I especially note the absence of famous names like Pompeius and Marius although there are many more I could also name. As I said, I would love to contribute to any work on this as it is both a time period I am very interested in and I also thoroughly enjoy playing the game. Please get back to me if you are interested in more information.

Quote Originally Posted by reaperwolf
    ...having looked through the traits and name files I notice that there are a very limited range of family names (gens) with associated cognomens.
    We can easily come up with hundreds of names. The restriction is due to coding issues: creating and passing on names and associating them with traits.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Ok, I understand. Although I am a little confused as version 0.81 had a huge range of names although they didn't work in the same way. If you would like someone to work on this or anything to do with similar information gathering etc then let me know as I'd be interested in helping.

Cognomens
    In the original Rome Total War game, the major characters (I am only certain for this for the Romans) after a time would get new cognomens, like the Kind, the Harsh etc. In the current version of Europa Barbarorum the only one that I ever seem to get is Corpulentus i.e Fat. I was wondering if this was taken out of the game and whether it is something that can be put back if so or worked on so that the generals can develop. I know that for conquering different nations a general can become congomated with Gallicus, Africanus etc, but is there room or scope to add other ones tied in with the personal characters traits. For instance, for the trait 'Touched by the Gods' upon reaching the 3rd level of this trait becoming cognomated with Pius or for the trait Bloodthirsty upon reaching level 3 of the trait becoming Carnifex (i.e the Buthcer). Obviously there are many more but these were a couple of simple examples. I Would be interested to know if this were possible or something that is being worked on.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

There are Gallicvs and such, but not many more. Part of the problem is that their middle name is lost along with their last when they get a title. Also, I don't recall any Roman ever called "Pious" or such by his contemporaries during this time frame.

Yeah, i know that the middle names all seem to get lost when this happens. Its just that the cognomen was such a large thing in the roman world i wondered whether more of it could be included. As for the Pius, i believe that the son of Quintus Caecilius Metellus Numidicus a contemporary of Gaius Marius was cognomated Pius after spending many years trying to return his father from exile. Heres a wiki link for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintus..._Metellus_Pius

As I've already PM'ed, my Dad can do artwork for this. I'm not sure what I can do, as I've never modelled or skinned in my life before, but I might have a go at skinning, as it looks a lot easier than modelling. I am also able to do Historical/Geographical research if need be.
    Also available for any long work (ie, copying out long lists, changing multitudes of values, editing to a template, etc.)

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che Roriniho View Post
    As I've already PM'ed, my Dad can do artwork for this. I'm not sure what I can do, as I've never modelled or skinned in my life before, but I might have a go at skinning, as it looks a lot easier than modelling. I am also able to do Historical/Geographical research if need be.
    Also available for any long work (ie, copying out long lists, changing multitudes of values, editing to a template, etc.)
    If you are looking into skinning or modeling check my post here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...8&postcount=79

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

I would love to skin, i'm good with FSX textures and have arranged some facial and body textures too, i have photoshop, gimp, paint (lol), Paint Shop Pro 7, i have a good experience and very detailist/perfectionist, i'm currently on exams but ASAIC i could help :) got lots of free time

~Jirisys
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    I would love to skin, i'm good with FSX textures and have arranged some facial and body textures too, i have photoshop, gimp, paint (lol), Paint Shop Pro 7, i have a good experience and very detailist/perfectionist, i'm currently on exams but ASAIC i could help :) got lots of free time

~Jirisys
    I think you should post this in EBII forum, as EBI no longer needs any help and team might not notice your message here.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Hunter View Post
    I think you should post this in EBII forum, as EBI no longer needs any help and team might not notice your message here.
    Sorry didn't noticed it was EB1... i'll get right on it
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Given that this thread has been de-stickied by the team, perhaps I should close it?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Yes, I think so.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123