Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The EB Help Required Thread

Default The EB Help Required Thread

Welcome Europa Barbarorum Fans!

I am tk-421, EB recruiter.

This thread is a place for fans to see what positions are avaible and needed within the EB group. Post here or PM me if you are interested. Note that if you volunteer as a text editor or description writer, this is not the best place to post your work.

The current empty spots are:

High Priority:

Scripters-EB has many scripts and even more will be included. At the moment, however, we have a lack of scripters. You don't have know everything about RTW scripting but experience would be nice. If you don't have that much experience it isn't much of a problem as long as you can be very active and are willing to learn.

Skinners- We really need more good skinners and modellers, especially those who are good with African, Arab, and Iranian units.

Experienced Traiter-We need people to work on traits. Experience with the traits files is very helpful (especially EB traits), but the most important thing is plenty of free time. A traiter would need to:

• Collect historical research from other team members.
    • Produce new traits/ancillaries by translating historical information into the appropriate effects and triggers.
    • Research the traits system and work to improve it.

Low Priority:

Nothing right now.

Is there something you think you can help with that isn't listed? Contact me anyway. EB is always happy to see people showing interest and offering help, and perhaps the job you want might be available.
    Last edited by tk-421; 08-11-2007 at 04:09.

Visit the EB Help Required Thread

"His only addiction was to practice." - John Coltrane, describing Eric Dolphy

"and thus it cannot be performed, because one cannot perform that which does not exist." - Arnold Schönberg

Default Re: The EB Help Required Thread

Hey i know RTW scripting and have done some basic testing etc but dont have much experience. I would like to help EB so can i get to work on something strait away?
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

I could write descriptions. Also anything else you want me to do I'll do it. I would be very glad to help out in the creation of this awesome mod.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

I've already PM'ed Dave about it, I'll spend some of my free time (not much of that) looking at the traits. So far I've already found a few errors, which I've posted in this topic.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Not a dev but afaik i have seen lots of ppl saying that descriptions writing is pretty much done unless you have some particuler knowledge (or a lot of spare time/good resources).
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

TK doesn't have sweboz particularly mentioned in the first post above - but he does say it in his signature. There are some factions that we do still need people, but unless the writer has some knowledge or at least a real desire and good resources to learn about that faction, there is not as much of a need.

The bit about the Sweboz descriptions has been added to thread. I thought I had put them in there awhile ago, guess not. Hopefully I'll be able to take it out soon, Lignator volunteered to write them but I think he's had a hard time finding sources.
    Last edited by tk-421; 08-16-2006 at 16:35.

"and thus it cannot be performed, because one cannot perform that which does not exist." - Arnold Schönberg

I want to help in descripsions, speceali the getai, I have info on that

I have become highly interested in EB as of late, though I have continued to play RTR because EB .74 is just too buggy for me as of now to play for strict pleasure.

I would be interested in aiding the EB team in this project, however, as it looks to be well worth the long wait, and it has turned the entire game into something greater.

I know only a little about the script files and such for RTW, but I would be willing to learn a little.

English is my first language, and I am very good at grammar and spelling, so I would be able to help in that area especially.

We really could use someone to help with ethnicity traits and to get more acquainted with helping with traits in general. There are tons of examples in our current build even for people interested in learning more. Please post here or PM tk-421 if you have some traiting experience and are interested. Traits are extremely sensitive and precise, and it needs people who are downright obsessive compulsive about checking over them to make sure they are perfect or they mess lots of other stuff up. Current beta-testers might be considered first of course if they are interested.

Can I get an example of the trait-work? I don't have experience but I would like to get that.
    Veni Vidi Vici - Julius Caesar
    I came, I saw, I conquered - Jay Z
    I'd rather be the leader of a small Gallic village than be the second man of Rome - Julius Caesar.
    Quintili Vare, legiones redde - Caesar Augustus

I want to hlp you/ i can work in photoshop and i want to help with some TGAs. i have upgraded 3 of loading screens with barbarian warrior(there are some very sharp edges. now they are smooth). What shall i do to help?

Discipulus et Magister Member Lord Condormanius's Avatar

I can help with text editing (I spent several horrible years of my life as an editor), some descriptions, research, etc. I also have a pretty good level of understanding of Latin. Unfortunatley, I am more or less programming illiterate.
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
    -Albert Einstein

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I'm a PhD student in history and, being Romanian, I could help w the getai factions (unit, build descriptions, ancillaries based on cultural/religious traits)...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazius
    "Unrealistic "fog-of-war" constraints partially lifted at the game's start to show a more realistic understanding of political geography specialized for each individual faction's point of view."
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertyMIDX
    We're still working on this one, no one really seems to want to do the grunt work involved in getting it to happen. If you want to help out I'm sure someone could give you direction in doing it though.
    I'd like to help to see this expanded.

Philos - our Getai people should be getting in touch with you, unfortunately things are sort of slow in some areas in the mod due to holidays.

Gazius - check your pm box for something from me, since I am the person along with krusader dealing with this issue you asked about.

are you still searching for a description of germanic boats?
    I think it would be great if u redesigned the unit card for germanic boats (sorry to say that, but the pictue in 0.8 beta for the germanic boat hasn't got the same quality like those of the celtic, greek or roman boats). I can't draw on Pc but I can provide u with information and research: f.e. here's a link for a germanic boat that was in use at about 200-450 AD. there are other boats which have been in use earlier, but they don't have much differences: they are clinker-built, too, made of wood but the seize is different, some have been built even for warfare and were larger than the Nydam Boat. http://www.abc.se/~pa/uwa/nydam-e.htm

http://www.jadu.de/mittelalter/germanen/nordschiff.html (this one is in german language, but I can translate it if it's needed) the text says clear that whole northern Germany including the coastline of the baltic sea used such boats and were able to maintain them (but in 0.8 u only can recruit boats in Skandinavia without modern Denmark)
    those internet resources are only a first view, but since there are pictures it may help ur designers to create better unit cards for them.
    I would take the Nydam- coastlineboat as example for level 2 The most advanced germanic boat for EB would be in my mind the Saxon boats which were used to conquer Britain and some larger variants of those were able to carry more troops and even horses, just take it as suggestion for a level 3 germanic boat ( I know that those boats have been in use at the time around 400 A.D. and not in 270 B.C. but as far as I know, there are no found germanic boats, yet, which would fit into the EB-timeframe. there are drawings of germanic boats from about 1600 B.C. but then I would rather take those from about 200-200 A.D., which are closer to the timeframe of EB)

I would like to get into contact with Sweboz-team, I think I could help them if they need help with research and informations in general. I've already written some comments, which may be usefull: just check out europa barbarorum: missing stuff topic. If u don't like it it's ok, too.
    Last edited by Varg1204; 04-14-2007 at 20:21.

I can help with scripting and writing text. I've been moding Vanella and BI for some time, and have a little experience with writing code.

I would also like to help with debugging patch .81.

Pleas e-mail piddyx@hotmail.com if you would like my assistance.

Ive got a quite a bit of free time here at college right now, and id be willing to text edit(ive worked as an newspaper editor before) or even do more complicated stuff with scripts, however, ive got 0 skill in that regard, but plenty of interest! im also a history major, while i dont have nearly the grasp on any of this stuff you guys do, I am extremely interested in helping as much as possible!

Hip! Hip! EB! Hip! Hip! EB! Member Swebozbozboz's Avatar

Is scripting anything like writing BASIC or C languages? I can program pretty well in those languages. If somone gives me a little help I'm sure I could catch on quickly. I would be happy to help.

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

RTW's scripting language makes BASIC look like Assembler. The differences in flexibility are similar as well.

Hip! Hip! EB! Hip! Hip! EB! Member Swebozbozboz's Avatar

okay, so how could i help? do you still need scripters?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swebozbozboz
    okay, so how could i help? do you still need scripters?
    I think there's always room for a scripter!

I am temporarily inactive. For the next week or so, all offeres of help should be directed towards Moros.

The Last Defense of Rome Against The Darkness

Wink Re: The EB Help Required Thread

hey i've been playing your mod and i like it
    I got some free time aside this spring/summer from college apart from my job too and would be willing to lend my time to use as a scripter

i have no prior knowledge but I am willing to learn
    if you need any extra labor to work on some script or scripts
    email me or pm me i would be glad to help EB
    this is also my first post here
    "The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many."

Nice to hear you like our mod! I'll talk with a few of our scripters and I'll (or perhaps someone else from the team will) send you a pm.

I would like to help you in descriptions if you need any help. I have many Roman books for reference and history in general. I like EB so much that it would be an honour to help you.
    Cheers.

Great to hear that you like EB! I don't if the Romans need any descriptions to be done, but I'll check. I'll send you a pm soon.

First of all: great mod! It's more than a mod, actually - it's more like a very good, very big expansion pack. I'm a very jaded hardcore gamer, but upon discovering EB, I had a 30 hour playing session. Not many games do this for me nowadays.

I'd like to offer my help with written text - editing new texts, or writing new ones. I'm a professional writer in RL, and as a matter of fact have written about 20 strat guides among other stuff. This may not be much of a recommendation - most strat guides are sh*t - so I'll give you my real name: Michael Rymaszewski. If you check, you'll find that the guides I've worked on are judged to be better than average, for what it's worth.

Let me know whether you'd like me to contribute.

We appreciate your interest in our mod adn even more that you want to help. I'm not sure if there are strat guides planned or other writing you could help us with but I'll check. You'll definately get a pm from me or another EB member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast