Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total Realism: Age of Ambition

Default Re: Medieval Total Realism: Age of Ambition

REMINDER AGAIN: CONSULT THE TEMPLATE!!
    Don't worry, we'll use it. That way it'll be easier to organize all the info.

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Don't worry, we'll use it. That way it'll be easier to organize all the info.
    Neato By the way, did u notice how Catalon and Aragon have their own provinces now?? It was a high priority for me when I tweaked the map. I have a new revised map later.

I'd like to say a BIG BIG BIG THANKS to all FACTION RESEARCHERS SO FAR. Concepts are fun to draw, but its nothing without the research which constitutes the crispy immaculate canvas for us guys to work on.
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

I'm prepared to do research for the HRE and/or French.

Here's a treat from the one and only wraithdt!

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?i...aafinalsj7.jpg

ANd another treat, this guy is not with us, nor do we know him personally, but his stuff is still cool.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62076
    Last edited by kataphraktoi; 08-03-2006 at 07:10.

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Hi .
    Please put Kingdom of Bohemia to MTR .
    Czech was realy important in that time.
    And please. Put city Presburg (today Bratislava) On the north of Magyar.
    In my language medieval Magyar was Uhorsko and Slovakia sometimes called "upper uhorsko" . And When Turkey attack on Magyar Bratislava was City king was became king (a dont know how it tell in english)
    That all.
    And Thanx for this modification :-D
    Medieval II : Total War userbars HERE
    www.totalwar.hotgames.cz < Admin of biggest Czech and Slovak fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by kataphraktoi
    Here's a treat from the one and only wraithdt!
    Another gem.
    ANd another treat, this guy is not with us, nor do we know him personally, but his stuff is still cool.
    What a talent, his work is remarkable. I am really impressed by the effects that can be achieved with those 'tablets'

.........Orda

At Orda Khan
    I'm gonna get me one of them tablets at the end of the year, I didn't have time to carefully buy one last year, but this year, its high on the wishlist!!

I'm still an old schooler with pencil and rubber, but I like the textures and colours generated by it that I want to get a tablet soon!

Please put Kingdom of Bohemia to MTR .
    Czech was realy important in that time.
    And please. Put city Presburg (today Bratislava) On the north of Magyar.
    In my language medieval Magyar was Uhorsko and Slovakia sometimes called "upper uhorsko" . And When Turkey attack on Magyar Bratislava was City king was became king (a dont know how it tell in english)
    That all.
    And Thanx for this modification :-D
    Depends on number of faction slots. Hopefully we can get 30 or so factions slots, I 'd like to implement war wagons and see Jan Ziszka in action!

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

Salamualeikum all,
    Glad to be part of MTR, glad to see that people are workin on as well.
    BTW Kataphractoi, who is the other Muslim reasearcher? I would like to colabarate with him and share reasearch etc.

Shokran wa Ma'salema.

Ya Misr!

Sry, double post
    Last edited by beauchamp; 08-03-2006 at 20:02.

Ya Misr!

His higness, the Sultan Member Randarkmaan's Avatar

I'm the other muslim researcher (Egypt), I would glady share research and collaborate with you.
    Though I am going to Spain in three days, but don't worry I have access to internet there...
    "One of the nice things about looking at a bear is that you know it spends 100 per cent of every minute of every day being a bear. It doesn't strive to become a better bear. It doesn't go to sleep thinking, "I wasn't really a very good bear today". They are just 100 per cent bear, whereas human beings feel we're not 100 per cent human, that we're always letting ourselves down. We're constantly striving towards something, to some fulfilment"
    -Stephen Fry

I'm the other muslim researcher (Egypt), I would glady share research and collaborate with you.
    Though I am going to Spain in three days, but don't worry I have access to internet there...
    He means not only in terms of research area, but also by faith

In that case, I'm referring to Cebei, head of Turkish research!!!

Randarkmaan covers Egyptians, so its also a good idea to collaborate together. The three amigos.

Hope everyone is doing well.

In the next few weeks, all researchers will be discussing on gameplay and what features we would to see in MTR.

He means not only in terms of research area, but also by faith
    Woops, well then I have to disappoint you beauchamp...
    "One of the nice things about looking at a bear is that you know it spends 100 per cent of every minute of every day being a bear. It doesn't strive to become a better bear. It doesn't go to sleep thinking, "I wasn't really a very good bear today". They are just 100 per cent bear, whereas human beings feel we're not 100 per cent human, that we're always letting ourselves down. We're constantly striving towards something, to some fulfilment"
    -Stephen Fry

Its fine, im actually a Baha'i .

So Cebei is turkish and persian then? Or just factions like Seljuqs and Ottomans...
    I have alot of information on Persia (mostly on safavid, but I have alot on Timurids, Ilkhanids, Hashishin and the Nizaris etc).

Ya Misr!

Its fine, im actually a Baha'i .

So Cebei is turkish and persian then? Or just factions like Seljuqs and Ottomans...
    I have alot of information on Persia (mostly on safavid, but I have alot on Timurids, Ilkhanids, Hashishin and the Nizaris etc).
    \

oh crap!! My bad...my very very interfaith BAD!

Cebei covers mainly Seljuks, Ottomans, various Turcoman dynasties, but its up to him what Turkic powers he decides to cover.

Although, I'd be very VERY VERY interested in small players like Hashashin and Nizaris as units available to particular factions. I'm after small unknown groups that can contribute in terms of military units and culture as well! Don't forget the small things!!

Randarkmaan is going to Spain? Take some awesome photos of Moorish architecture won't ya ?

Yes I know, he better take pics of the greatest palace to grace the world, the Alhambra (or al-Hammarra in arabic literally "the red").

Anyways, about the Hashishin or Nizaris, they might be difficult to create as a nation, seeing as they fought only using "assassins", and not really much of an organized armies (not to say that fanatical infantry arent good soldiers, but they were not match for someone like Salah-u-din). They did in fact control the area between Lebonon and Judeah, and had many castles throughout Lebonon and hid in the mountains. Ive never actually read "the davinci code" but apparently its author made some distinction that the knights templar and the hashishin were connected or some b.s. Historically, tho, the Nizaris did cooperate with the crusader states and bargained for the land that I explained above.

Still, they would make great mercs.

Ya Misr!

I think I remember reading that the theory that the Templars and the Assassins were "connected" exists mainly because the Templars and the Assassins shared a very similar ranking system as well as a pretty similar uniforms, and I think both wore white robes and had a red symbol on it (the Templars a cross and I can't remember what the Assassins had). I'm not sure if it goes any longer or if it's anything like this, which also reminds me that I have a book about the Templars somewhere...

Randarkmaan is going to Spain? Take some awesome photos of Moorish architecture won't ya ?
    I would, but it seems this is going to be mostly a sort of swimming, suntanning, ie. comfort vacation, too hot to be driving far in a car. I could try and take some pictures at a later time, don't worry we have an appartment down there and can go there more than once a year.

Also, out of interest, where was that university again? I think there were many but I remember seeing a program about the Moors on television and it mentioned a certain university... Just curious
    Last edited by Randarkmaan; 08-04-2006 at 21:02.
    -Stephen Fry

Well, at least take photos of some nice...er...people...could be off....er...good use for modelling princess portraits

Neato By the way, did u notice how Catalon and Aragon have their own provinces now?? It was a high priority for me when I tweaked the map. I have a new revised map later.
    sorry for the delay. I was one week on vacation. Yes, I've noticed it and I'm very pleased . that way it'll be more accurate. and, it's Catalonia by the way

Impressive concept art! (as usually)

THX kataphraktoi
    If you need maybe i Find some info about bohemia

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Welcome AliAS to .org. and MTR thread. Are you famous AliAS from rtr.org forum?
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

Amir of the office desk Member Cebei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kataphraktoi
    \

oh crap!! My bad...my very very interfaith BAD!

Cebei covers mainly Seljuks, Ottomans, various Turcoman dynasties, but its up to him what Turkic powers he decides to cover.

Although, I'd be very VERY VERY interested in small players like Hashashin and Nizaris as units available to particular factions. I'm after small unknown groups that can contribute in terms of military units and culture as well! Don't forget the small things!!

Whoops, sorry I am on a vacation, just saw this. Yes, I will be covering the Turkic factions in Anatolia. Main powers are Seljuks and Ottomans but the complete list of principalities ("beylik"s) are as follows

Saltuklular
    Mengücükler
    Kemah-Erzincan Kolu
    Divriği Kolu
    Danişmendliler
    Dilmaçoğulları -Akkoyunlular
    İnaloğulları
    Ermenşâhlar
    Artuklular
    Çobanoğulları
    Alâiye Beyleri
    Aydınoğulları Beyliği
    Aydınoğlu Gazi Umur Bey
    Candaroğulları ( İsfendiyaroğulları)
    Ankara Ahi Beyliği
    Dulkadıroğulları
    Eretnaoğulları
    Eşrefoğulları
    Germiyanoğulları
    Hamîdoğulları
    Kadı Burhaneddin Ahmed Devleti
    Karaisaoğulları
    Karamanoğulları Beyliği
    Lâdik (Denizli) Beyliği
    Menteşoğulları
    Pervâneoğulları
    Ramazanoğulları
    Sâhib-Ataoğulları
    Saruhanoğulları
    Tâceddînoğulları
    İzmir ve Efes Beylikleri

Probably I will not be doing most of them, but I think this list is instructive if we are to create rebel factions in Anatolia.
    When the game ends, peon and king go into the same box.

alias if you have troubles saying sumthing in english type in slovak and ill try to translate. just use simple language

2 DukeofSerbia > Yes I m that AliAS from RTR.ORG and that famous LOL
    and polak966 > THX .

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Excellent piece of art by wraithdt I am looking more forward to these updates than the official ones!

I do some advertisement of this mod in my site

MTR Researcher for the Rus Member Cadmus's Avatar

Well, I finally made it to the forum. Seems it's already filled good.
    One question though. I've been playing along with the research already, but what does the team want from the information I gathered up to now.
    And I also have many propositions I came up with when researching.
    And starting date is... 1066? Which is very good. There is strife amongst the heirs of the Rus
    "Knighted by the Chevaliers de Sangreal, Lasiurus rises to enter the Kingdom of Light and Shadow"

THX kataphraktoi
    If you need maybe i Find some info about bohemia
    I'm hoping that the faction slots go to 30, if so, Bohemia is definitely in. It would be cool to see Wagenburgs and Mr Zizska in the game.

Whoops, sorry I am on a vacation, just saw this. Yes, I will be covering the Turkic factions in Anatolia. Main powers are Seljuks and Ottomans but the complete list of principalities ("beylik"s) are as follows

Saltuklular
    Mengücükler
    Kemah-Erzincan Kolu
    Divriği Kolu
    Danişmendliler
    Dilmaçoğulları -Akkoyunlular
    İnaloğulları
    Ermenşâhlar
    Artuklular
    Çobanoğulları
    Alâiye Beyleri
    Aydınoğulları Beyliği
    Aydınoğlu Gazi Umur Bey
    Candaroğulları ( İsfendiyaroğulları)
    Ankara Ahi Beyliği
    Dulkadıroğulları
    Eretnaoğulları
    Eşrefoğulları
    Germiyanoğulları
    Hamîdoğulları
    Kadı Burhaneddin Ahmed Devleti
    Karaisaoğulları
    Karamanoğulları Beyliği
    Lâdik (Denizli) Beyliği
    Menteşoğulları
    Pervâneoğulları
    Ramazanoğulları
    Sâhib-Ataoğulları
    Saruhanoğulları
    Tâceddînoğulları
    İzmir ve Efes Beylikleri

Probably I will not be doing most of them, but I think this list is instructive if we are to create rebel factions in Anatolia.
    Another possibility is to integrate any unique units from the beyliks into the Turkish Sultanate faction, is it ok to call the Turkish faction the Turkish Sultanate?

I do some advertisement of this mod in my site

Well, I finally made it to the forum. Seems it's already filled good.
    One question though. I've been playing along with the research already, but what does the team want from the information I gathered up to now.
    And I also have many propositions I came up with when researching.
    And starting date is... 1066? Which is very good. There is strife amongst the heirs of the Rus
    Yep, change to 1066 again, I actually decided against it in the beginning, but eventually circumstances made 1066 very attractive.

Consult the template which is posted in this thread.

Plus ideas for gameplay such as features, tech trees, etc should be made in a separate file for private viewing.

https://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?...previewbw6.gif

Just a little something I scrounged up. Will explain in more details later. I'm tired, sleepy and falling in love. Good nite.

https://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?...oprettyuc2.gif

Our 1066 map, can all MTR researchers confirm the province allocations???

Plus if u want to suggest changes, they are allowed on the following conditions:

1) To add a new province, u have to suggest an elimination of an existing province
    2) To change a province boundary, just tell me what to do

Don't post suggestions here, PM me instead. Cheerios
    Last edited by kataphraktoi; 08-08-2006 at 18:24.

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AliAS
    2 DukeofSerbia > Yes I m that AliAS from RTR.ORG and that famous LOL
    Do you remember Slavic thread in rtr forum where you are moderator? There we talked in different Slavic languages.

@kataphraktoi

You have wrong spelling on the map. Believe me.
    Last edited by DukeofSerbia; 08-08-2006 at 18:16.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast