Thread: Mongol Heavy Cavalry

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Looks like they saved the best for last.With their speed and heavy armor they should dominate the battlefield,especially on open ground.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Mongol Heavy Cavalry
    Mongol Heavy Cavalry are the elite troops of the most powerful army in the world. They are fast, well armoured and their spears wreak havok in the ranks of whatever foes they fight. They are the primary assault troops in a Mongol army, and all the other troops are only really there to support their attack.

Well I am relieved that they included this unit. Would have been a shame to not have Mongol Heavy Cav. They have spears so I wonder if they will have the Yari bonus against cav or if since they technically do not have Yari they won't. It sounds like they will have speed, attack power and armor. So they will only be vulnerable to Yari. They sound like a great counter to WMs. Actually the MLC would be an excellent counter to WMs as well.

------------------
    All your base are belong to us
    All your base are belong to us

Well lets hope they are not the equivalent of Japanese heavy cavalry, which most of us believe to be pants, lets hope the fearsome Mongol heavy cav lives up to its reputation.

I hope they're not that powerfull, otherwise they'll be unstopable. Perhaps they're like Samurai heavy cavalry, only a bit faster, with a slight attack bonus due to using spears instead of swords and slighlty less armor.

Note that the MHC have spears. Yes, people: they have spears. That means they are going to wipe the floor with every other cavalry unit in the game. I can understand why the Mongol Invasion was such a severe shock to the Japanese initially: imagine MHC vs. CA.

I'm happy! This was a great conclusion to The Shogun's parade of new units. Let's see what he comes up with next.

------------------
    "The warrior who does not know his business is like a cat that does not know the way of ratting."
    - Tsukuhara Bokuden
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Mongol heavy calvary. sounds great! I'm ready to slice and dice!

------------------
    A great warrior never reveal his true skills....
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

Prepare to face hordes of screaming Mongols with pointy sticks...can you spell MHC rush?

(Yawn)

------------------
    To be happy it is necessary not to be too intelligent
    - Flaubert-

Not born, not destroyed,
    Not stained, not pure,
    Without loss, without gain.

So, Yari Cavalry on steroids, eh?

I'm willing to bet that this MHC Rush will smash itself to pieces on the average Yari Samurai Wall. They are, after all, still cavalry. Dudes with Pointy Sticks should still slow them down.

-- B)

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

I think that they will still lose to Yari Sams but I think it will be a closer fight than what it is ow as they have spears as well.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

You'll have to catch them first,with the mongol light cav peppering you with arrows.
    Can't wait to try them out.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Great unit to compliment the light cav. Without archers or a strong hth foot unit, it looks like the Koreans are just 'bait' units for the Mongol cav. With the Japanese assuming a defensive posture, I can see standoffs now on heavily wooded maps.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

I can only say CHAAAAAAARRGGGEEEEEE¡

I was getting worried about the Mongel army. If you have ever tried to Play a horse cav heavy army, you know it takes a LOT of patence. peppering the enemy and attrition. At lease the mongels have something to have fun with. with the cheap unmotivated Korean army units that would only be good for holding ground after the mongel units cleared it. boring. As for the MHC, I wonder if cav units will be expensive due to the difficulty of ferrying horses by sea. William the Conquer had on heck of a time in 1066 his his cav traveling. I am guessing the MHC will be expecive, otherwise why go korean but to bait the japanese units out of the trees. I sure would not go forest hunting with low moral units. Monk hunting with korean light units. In go the Koreans some sounds ( screeming ) river of blood. instant fertalizer.

you will not be able to buy mongul/korean units in the campaign so it is only applicible to online tactical battle play...

but still - giving as how they are billed they look like they should be costing 650-700 koku...
    Have you seen the fnords?