Thread: Marching very quickly ?

i have noticed soe really good people doing this but i dont know how its done, i can only do marching and marching quickly, how do you march very quickly ?

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

I think you can only do it with certain units. YOu gt units to move faster by either double clicking or by clicking and then pressing crtl + R.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Greetings.

The "marching very quckly" command can only be given by selecting multiple units at once and then double-clicking on a destination. Even then only a select few will start "marching very quckly." This is not the case for computer opponents who seem to be able to do this whenever they wish.
    The readme file that accompanies the game actually says that the Ctrl+R function doesn't work at all, and I haven't noticed any difference in the patches that were brought out either. But "marching very quickly" is very tiresome for your men. If you do use this you'll notice that your men are more fatigued when they reach and engage enemies.

Hope I've helped.

[This message has been edited by The Soul (edited 03-07-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Soul.. Notwithstanding your results, I know that Ctrl-R DOES work. I use it often when pursuing a routed army. The pursuers will tire and drop back to a lazy march. Rather than individually choose and order them I use
    Ctrl-A to choose all, then Ctrl-R to order a general quick march.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

I noticed this too. It only worked when doing ctrl. click with grouped units, if I did march quickly some marched very quickly and if I did march normaly some marched quickly. I assumed it was simply cos the units were trying to stay in formation.

I can't get any command to intentionally get all to march very quickly

thanks, it works !, i find it great for chasing routing people

I stand corrected...'tis just that I had not remembered that I had changed the shortcut once before I had recieved the patch, in a futile attempt to get it to work. Problem solved now though. Thanks.