Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assembling a new team.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Assembling a new team.

At the moment we aren't planning on making new units, but getting the bugs out and finishing the other stuff too. (If that's ever going to happen however). Tough if you want to make units, be my guest I can have them in game in no time. I'm thinking of releasing a custom/MP battle patch. So that if we can't get the campaign to work completely at least the stat and stuff are decent. A few Mongol and Korean units mught not be bad. And perhaps even a custop battle only faction. Lets talk on msn or something. (I however won't have time until my exams are over.

Default AW: Assembling a new team.

Okay, I'am working for my own Projekt Imperium Parsa II
    Its german, just check the Threads "Fraktionsvorstellung" for referended Models.
    So the works will be finished in Autumn this year. So I'll be back for BL.
    I hope the projekt will be still alive.

barely but, I'll always be there to the parts I can help with.

Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

Greetings Moros,
    while visiting the Forums in search for materials I can use for my LordoftheRings mod for Medieval I, I stumbled into the Blue Lotus pages. First of all: After about 5 years visiting the forums, I have to ask: Who is this Hoggy? I mean, he has provided graphics for METW, Blue Lotus and much more, and huh! all the stuff he made is more than awesome. The graphics for the "Forth Eorlingas!" Mod are very good, too, and their tweaks to the game system are just as impressive, but... they simply all fall short of Hoggys work in Blue Lotus... What is this guy? Chained to a wheelchair, a nerdish paleskin or just... hmm... a professional?
    Anyway, seeing the Blue Lotus pages made me definitely want to get the full mod. Unluckily, the links for poth patches are broken. So I wondered whether you could provide me with those files? Also, since those people who want to help with pushing this mod on might want to see firsthand what they should help with, posting some working links would be most helpful.
    As I said, I am currently reviving the old METW-Mod for Medieval I, with very good succes up to now; I also think I am quite proficient with modding all the Medieval files. Rome is a different story though, and I`ve never tried modding this yet. However, me and my (japanese) whife are (obviously) quite fluent in Japanese, and if, as a return favour, I can thus contribute in some way to Blue Lotus, feel free to "levy" me for things I can do.
    If you can reassure me that modding Rome is not MUCH harder than modding Medieval I, I could perhaps... abandon METW to join your ranks. The one thing I can never-ever do as good as Hoggy is 3D graphics, though. And, I will need a week or two to get a keen grip on the differences of modding Rome compared to medieval.
    Thank you in advance,
    ToBe
    Rinsui

Well...work is about stopped on BL as Hoggy (he is indeed a professionna) left and so did most other people working on it. The major drawback is that there a few persistent bugs I can't get out. Otherwise certain wok could continue. I'll have a look at the links.

Edit: If you like we could try and build up the mod again.
    Edit2: links seems to work for me... :s Perhaps the server just had a temporary downtime?
    Last edited by Moros; 06-16-2007 at 18:07.

Indeed. I already tried to mail you about my stupidity. It does work. Perfect. I just misinterpreted the line about the patches - I thought it refers to BL patches, not to the "normal" Rome ones. My fault, apologies.
    As I said, I guess I could spare a little time to work on BL, but to be realistic: I just skipped through the extracted files, and lo! there is little that looks familiar to what I know from modding Medieval I. I guess given a little time, I could grasp the general concept, but I seem to (once again) have underestimated the difference.
    However: If you could designate one special segment of the work to me, I am confident I could manage to do that part; I may not develop into an all-rounder in an instant, but with your directions for on what to focus, I guess I definitely can do something. Ask me to do descriptions -> I focus on doing that properly. Ask me to do balancing (which, as far as I can judge up to now, doesnt seem to be a really pressing issue anyway) -> I`ll focus on that. Ask me to do 3D-Modelling -> I am at a loss.
    Just assign, and I`ll judge whether I can do what you ask me to within a reasonable timeframe.
    Bye,
    ToBe

P.S.: I am actually losing the campaign game. This mod is just awesome.
    P.S.2: Do you have any hidden patches up your sleeve?
    Rinsui

...and of course I forgot something.
    The patches on the "All BL fixes..." page are a little incomplete; the link for the tempting Saulot333-fix leads to the yomi-fix; and on Filefactory the saulot333-file has expired. I hope asking for that file is ok? If necessary, you could also mail me to gutentag49@hotmail.com ^.^/
    See you
    ToBe
    Rinsui

I'll see if I can dig the file up but I doubt it.

If you could only put your hands onto the descr_strat that'd be enough. For some reason I can't get it to work so.

Well, Moros.
    Since I didn`t receive the Saulot Fix, I decided to rewrite the script files by myself. As it turned out, even the fixed beta (with all official patches) had `major` problems. Hefty CTDs with unknown origins (-show_err didn`t work) were only the icing on the cake, haha!
    However, after dilligent research on why -show_err didn`t work, I managed to correct this problem. And after that, I discovered about... uh... 40? other mistakes with -show_err. I finished correcting those, and decided to go a little further: After researching how exactly the descr_strat.txt file works and how it is interconected with other files, I managed to "throw out" about 50 (?) buildings not used in BLTW. This gave me some leeway to reconstruct the tech tree... then I managed to fix some bugs on the campaign map (like the impassable hill range left of Guei Goe)... well. It seems this is endless, haha! Anyway, I got this thing working already without any CTDs and a "clean" shutdown, so my estimate till I am finished completely (and till I can provide a "final" patch) is about... huh... 2-4 weeks. (Positive Thinking).
    Since it is unnecessary to do all the "paperwork" alone, do you know anyone who could write the descriptions for my revamped tech and unit tree?
    I can script, but who will describe ^.^/?
    ToBe
    gutentag49@hotmail.com
    Rinsui

Stupid me. I meant the impassable Hills west of Tian Hai, of course (not left of Guei Goe... in Guei Goe was on of the trickiest errors, thats why I remembered the name ^^).
    And sorry for not having an EDIT button in this forum.
    Rinsui

Junior members don't have edit buttons but once you are a full member you will have one.

Yeah, I know the descr_strat and some other things are completly bugged, that's the reason I couldn't get much progress over those textfiles. Except for the edu and edb. I'm currently revisiting the unit stats, I can have beta stats for all units by the end of this week.

Also I know someone who might be able to help with the descriptions he helped before.

Ok Moros. I just finished correcting the Map.

Some of the things done:
    Separated Akagi and Yousen -> Yousen Port now trades
    Relocated the Akagi Port
    Removed the Graphical Bug at the Akagi/Yousen frontier (Mountains in water)
    Corrected River Deltas (rivers didnt reach the sea): 5 cases
    Made completely flat islands to hilly islands (aesthetical reasons): 11 cases
    Added missing Ports: 2 cases
    Corrected positioning of one army to a legal location: 1 case
    Corrected impassable Hills (see post above): 1 case
    Corrected missing family tree for one of the Chinese Factions
    Corrected Windows Error upon closing application (RTW)
    Removed unnecessary buildings and descriptions: Too many to count. The files went from 1,2 MB to 75kB ^^/
    Adjusted triggers for Anciliaries and Traits: Many.
    Removed triggers for Advices (wouldnt have fit BLTW anyway): all
    And much, much, much else.

Current work:
    Finishing new BLTW exclusive Building Tree. Reason for that: Practical. All BLTW buildings and Descriptions now have the names "BLTW_building_X" and so on. This will make future editing and bug slaying much, much easier (search for strings in all text files possible etc.). I am well aware that this means extra workload initially; but it will pay off in no-time. Actually, it already did. (sidenote: why didn`t the original creators of BLTW think of this?)

Well. I guess we are making huge progress ^^/

BTW: Hadrian and Caligula (buildings and units editors) are buggy as hell. Sometimes I think editing manually would be faster...
    BTW2: If you dont mind, I would like to revamp the tech tree and unit rosters a little. Apart from being unbalanced in stats some factions get much more units than others. Also, some faction/culture specific, unique, constructable "wonder/marvel" buildings (in addition to the wonders on campmap) would be nice, huh? Since I cant do it all alone... let me post my suggestions tomorrow or the day after, then we can discuss about what the final tech and unit rosters will look like, ok?
    Rinsui

It's great work. We had some plans on changing the building tree already.
    And some additionnal buildings might not be a bad idea, we can talk on msn our or our forum (see pm) if you like.

New building tree / wonders and regional building specification 1 step from being finished now.
    Rinsui/Son Goku/ToBe ... bah. I should decide on one nickname...
    Rinsui

Default Re: Assembling a new team.

Hello all,
    I have been on the forums for a couple of years, though I haven't really found the time to contribute. I've recently found out about this mod, and I have to say it's the most amazing and well developed mod I've ever seen. Now, I would like to offer my help, even if it was just for minor things. I have basic experience in modding several or most aspects of the game, including modeling, texturing, scripting, etc. If you don't need any immediate help, that's fine. I just want to do what I can to keep this project alive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12