Thread: Stupid Windows Live Messenger

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Exclamation Stupid Windows Live Messenger

I just opened my Windows Live Messenger, and I found that it didn't work properly. I restarted it, and I what I observed shocked me and got me angry completely.

My whole list was a HUGE mess. Complete mess up. Most of my contacts are in my Non-Messenger list...

Help please?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Stupid Windows Live Messenger

Go to the control panel and add/remove programs. Select "Windows Live Messenger", select uninstall. Drink a few beers and take it easy.

No seriously, if you can do without it and it's overweight bug ridden memory hungry toys, all based on *gasp* the IE engine, get rid of it. Installing a free alternative such as gaim is your best bet.

Gaim's fine as long as you don't like losing everything about messenger :P

I've never had any problems with live (though it is a resource hog :) ) so i'd just put your contacts back in and stick with it...

If you haven't already done so, you might want to run apatch and messenger + live....
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I for one will be reverting back to an older version of MSN Messenger. This version is slow, unreliable, and when it starts up my PC is frozen for about thirty seconds, which is rather concerning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.