Thread: League table

Hi guys

just a few lines on updates to the online play. As mentioned some time ago we wanted to make some changes to the database to improve on-line play these changes are now being sourced and include:

campers to loose honour if they do not play competitive games.
    Player characters to be deleted if in active for six weeks.
    Clan size to be displayed on league table.

These are on top of the changes to go into the patch and add-on, which address honour maxing and hosts pulling the plug if they are about to loose a game.

Work is starting on league tables now and I will keep you up to date as this progresses.

------------------
    The Shogun
    Bringinng wisdom in an unwise world
    The Shogun :Bringing wisdom in an unwise world. And tea. Sometimes I bring tea.

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Thanks for the info Shogun.

I have a question though what if a clan has a name as Daimyo clan who doesnt play under what is posted above the name would get delted what would happen to the clan without a Daimyo.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Yeah, what happens to me when I go on holiday.

I've got a character I like and i'm the Daimyo of a clan with a total membership of me (hey, but I like it).

As i'm unlikely to be sunbathing with a laptop and a very long telephone extension lead i'm going to be deleted

What about doing somthing to eliminate the 'overuse' of muskets? I think it detracts from the game to see the usual long lines of muskets. How about bumping up the Koku cost to reflect rarity?

Could we also decide koku levels individually, possibly even per person, as a sort of handicapping and to prevent camping?

great thanks for the info i guess that answed one of my question time 3 questions
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Hi Shogun!!
    Is there any taughts about adding an option to when you host a game to have a MAX of each unit in a game?????
    Like say max 4 of each or 5 or what the host wants for the game!!!
    So tired of 12+ monks..........

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Yep... Eddie Murphy is present in a lot of games nowadays...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

6 weeks...no...I am going to loos my record definatly - and have to start all over again...there really should be a 'vacation mode'
    Have you seen the fnords?

Maybe six weeks is too short a time for eliminating inactive names. How about three months? The idea is to eliminate names that are really inactive right? The virtual daimyo some clans have will just have to be used once in a while to avoid deletion. I would assume that a name can be recreated if it is deleted. The loss of honor for not playing should stop the league table camping, but will also affect vacationers if the time period is too short. I would be cautious about making the time periods on these two things too short.

Coming up with a solution to the escape/plug pulling would be a big step forward. Good luck, and thanks for the info.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

i see nothing wrong with 6 weeks then deleted i have never had a vac. last that long if you plan to play just stop in and log on once a month not that hard to do 6 weeks is a long time to be away anyway

------------------
    Clan Shades
    Shades
    You are already dead you just don't know it yet!!
    Clan Shades

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

I think they should just flag them as inactive, and not include inactive members in league tables. That way they can maintain their record, and still be included in league tables when they do decide to resume playing. You could then delete names that have been inactive for 6 months.

This gives the best of both worlds.
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Actually,

We had a good debate about this early guys, right before they decided to take up our suggestions.

Basically, the idea is that if you are on the league table FOR SERIOUS COMP., then you should always be playing. Hence, the gradual loss of honor points. As for deleting.... if yuo haven't played in 6 weeks, then your name should be deleted, INCLUDING CLAN NAMES so as to free up names and the database. I fully agree with this. Personally, I also think we should have the option of deleting a character name once a week or month or something and recreate the name....
    i.e. if we switch or join a new clan. ideally, you could keep your exact name and honor and just switch the clan that you belong to, but I doubt that this would ever be implemented.

Also,.... vacation modes.... very dangerous. PPL who just want to sit on their ranking points will just always be on vacation. Another way of looking at it, if you are on vacation, then you are losing honor as far as fighting battles goes.

-sorry for anything that doesn't make sense, in a hurry

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Shadowkill:

6 weeks isn't that long when you get 12 weeks off every summer, (jealous?).

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Just a off-beat thought that occurs to me...
    What about variable koku which can be decided upon in each game FOR EACH SIDE? Then honor loss or gain can be weighted depending on the handicap? (I'm sure it's TOO complicated, but I don't have to code it..hehe)

A veteran could give up some koku to get a better honor boost when he beats a lesser opponent. Conversely, he'd lose less if he loses a game when handicapped.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

i don't know how many of you have actully done this with the less koku but let your oppent use his 5000 you take 4000 and tell me how you do i don't see even at that amount the battle that winnable
    Clan Shades