Members of the Senate, I have listened to your review of my proposed punishments and am ready to present to you and the Co-Consuls my final Judgments.

Publius Laevinus

Publius will be stripped of is Senatorial rank and will be unable to vote in any Senate proceedings for the rest of his natural life, with all the loss of status and privilege this entailed. He is no longer to be referred to as Senator in any communications. Also, any and all relating Ancillary personnel are to be removed from his employ and distributed as the Co-Consuls see fit.

Publius is to be stripped of all Military rank and all relating Ancillary personnel, the relating personnel are to be distributed as the Co-Consuls see fit. Publius is NOT to take part in any military actions unless it is to defend his own person or the settlement where he is present or resides.

Publius is to be BANISHED to the settlement of Jenuensis and to be granted the rank of Governor thereof. Any current governor in situ is to be given a military posting in keeping with his higher status once this occurs. Once in Jenuensis, Governor Laevinus will reside there and remain there, for the betterment of the Republic, until his natural life has ended. It will be his final and unending Duty to defend and improve Jenuensis and he is not permitted to travel further than 100 legion miles from the centre of the settlement.

So Ends my Judgement on Publius Laevinus however, I must also issue guidelines with regards the madman, Manius.

Manius; this unfortunate creature suffers from a large excess of brain humus but has show an innate bravery in battle none the less.

Hence forth, it is recommended that Manius spends no longer than 1 year in any settlement until his natural life has ended. This is to balance his re-education against our fears that his acknowledged “urges” will lead to procreation. I would recommend that a Chirurgeon attend to him and ensure he cannot procreate but I am unsure of the safety of the procedure involved. I would not risk him death for this reason.

Manius is NEVER to directly command any troop formation of any kind when in service to the republic. It is recommended that he serves at a maximum rank Legate for the remainder of his life in whatever Legion the Co-Consuls deem requires his personal bravery.

It may sound harsh but I feel the best course for poor Manius is to perish in battle defending his honour, the Republic and the lives of those around him.

As a side note, this has been a significant drain my health and I wish to advise the Senate that, as an old man, I will shortly withdraw from the Upper House. I will continue the serve the Republic on a personal basis however. My many years in the Senate have been joyful ones and it tis a shame that I must withdraw my service after such an unprecedented and upsetting moment in the Republics glorious history.