Thread: WorriorMonks

im new at this game, and i really like it, 1 thing that is anoying me is when a HUGE horde of monks come from nowhere, and flatten my army is there anything that is good against monks if so i would apreciate a lot .

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well to hit a monk with anything other than a monk head to head will end in defeat. What you need to do is hold it front on which is what Naginatas are good for and then hit it in the flank with another unit which preferably would be a monk unit or No Dachi or even Heavy Cav or Yari Cav. Also try to take down there numbers with archers or Musketeers.

I hope this helps.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

thanks, another question for a newbie...
    Worrior Monks are my favourite unit are they better at attack or deffence because i was deffending a HUGE hill which is really cool, when i get to do this, and my monks were near the bottom of the hill when a bunch of yari samuri i was out numbered but monks would have won i suspected would they ? or is it just there honour ?

Monks have a strong attack, and a pretty good defensive capability. They have low armor against ranged fire. They will beat yari samurai of the same honor. Raising the honor of a unit improves it's fighting ability. So, it's possible for a higher honor YS to beat a lower honor WM. You can test this stuff out in custom battle. Choose normal difficulty, and use the green map since it's flat.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

hmmm, thanks, another prob :P, when i doing the campaign my taisho usually dies from illness do i need to conquare the map fast or is it suppose to be like that after a while [i had been doing it for a while]

The chance of the daimyo dying from illness seems to increase as he gets older. Be careful to protect your younger heirs. There is definitely reason not to be too pokey about conquering Japan. Illness, the horde and the geisha are some of them.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Plenty of healthy diets and exercices will keep'em in good health all the way to success.

------------------
    A great warrior never reveal his true skills....
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

thanks,soz, but another question :P, is it me or are the enermys armys bigger than mine ? i was in a game and 1 guy took out 2 deffenders and i wasent in the first battle and when it came to invading me he outnumbered me and he won ?, i was having a battle with my mater Eurolord and we got 80 men per squad, he was the one hoisting {the mast army battle} so is there some kind of setting ? i cant host my own game because of firewall it dosent let me host : ( please reply because ive never won a decant game by myself, if any thing help though, some of this might not make sense as im not very g00d at english and im 12 yrs old HONOUST !

Yes,

The unit size is set by the host - which is dependant on what option he has flagged in the performance options on the front screen of the game. I generally find that playing with more than 60 men units on multiplayer is a bad idea as it slows the game down to a silly level.

Kyodaispan
    All Honour to the Brothers!

Normally those who rush with monks are newbies and don't use any tactics. Use tactics and you'll win.

Surround the monks...slaughter them with arches and guns.....flank them with some shock troops and rear them with some cavs.

What a good lake of blood with white bedsheets on it!!!

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre at:

http://terazawa_tokugawa.tripod.com/terazawatokugawa/