Page 104 of 167 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 5004

Thread: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Default Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Enjoy your coke guys!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, DOWN! GEORDIES INTO OBLIVION.

Whould have prefered Sun-tan-man Brown and his bunch of cloggers to go down, but I guess that's be asking for too much.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Newcastle in the Championship just seems... wrong.

This applies to Middlesborough to a lesser extent as well.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Nay nay and thrice nay. All those massive clubs do indeed belong in the football league. Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Dirty Leeds, and now Newcastle and 'Boro. The fans of these so called massive clubs just don't get it!

It doesn't matter if you fill your ground every week. It doesn't matter how rich you are. It doesn't matter how many cups you won in the past. No. What matters is how your team performs on the pitch. I detest the friggin arrogant lot of them.

I hope they don't go bust though, as that would be churlish. No. Far better that they stay in business and keep on sliding down the leagues until they are playing Sunday football.

Bitter and twisted? You bet I am.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

In other news. Anyone see Alexander's bullet in the League 1 play-offs. My-my that match was tense, even for a neutral like me.
    #Hillary4prism

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I guess you are right IA, it's just that Newcastle have been in the top flight since I was 3 years old an so its a bit of a shock to the system.

I'm sure you can imagine then the delight shock I was forced to endure when the Salford Red Sox were relegated on the last day of the season, by no less than Man City. The scorer of the only goal? Dennis Law who'd just signed from the Salford Red Sox at the beginning of that season.

Oh the schardenfraude.

I've posted it before, I do think it's actually worth posting again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNns...ch=denis%20law

Halcyon days.

lol, good stuff.

A bit of controversy always makes the game interesting, I look forward to tracking Newcastle's progress next season...

Grand Master Member Afonso I of Portugal's Avatar
    Lisboa, Portugal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Afonso_I_of_Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    I'm sure you can imagine then the delight shock I was forced to endure when the Salford Red Sox were relegated on the last day of the season, by no less than Man City. The scorer of the only goal? Dennis Law who'd just signed from the Salford Red Sox at the beginning of that season.

Oh the schardenfraude.

Halcyon days.
    Great goal! but seeing the video i get the feeling that he does not know how did it...
    "Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workers of the world, Unite!" - Manifesto of the Communist Party, Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels, 1848.
    "What does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche.
    "Lord, protect me from people who love and trust, because I take care of my enemies" - Voltaire.
    "I can not agree with any of the words you say but defend to the death your right to say them" - Voltaire.
    "The main illnesses that attack the man comes from ignorance" - Voltaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Afonso I of Portugal View Post
    Great goal! but seeing the video i get the feeling that he does not know how did it...
    Methinks thou interpreteth it incorrectly, just look at his face, have you ever seen a striker celebrate a goal so dismally. Look at his face.

I love being a Mancunian.

KOP, Denis Law's a man with Red Sox "blood in his veins" etc. sending them down. Imagine dearest Ronaldo playing for Benfica and forcing Sporting down. [though I'm aware that the Mancs would have gone down regardless.]

As for the discussion that's rolled out here re: big clubs going down, I agree as much as I did before, but Boro fans are anything but the arrogant divine right brigade. Now Dirty Leeds, I can't help but be overjoyed seeing them have 37,000+ at a playoff semi just to watch them fail to escape for another year.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post

Oh the schardenfraude.

Halcyon days.
    That's genius!

I didn't know that this ever happened. Denis Law, playing for Man Citeh, relegating Man Utd with a backheel!?

* Pray for me this Saturday. I can not take it any longer. The tension is too much to bear. *
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by SSNeoperestroika View Post
    Imagine dearest Ronaldo playing for Benfica and forcing Sporting down.
    That's what i call a real nightmare!!! However, Ronaldo playing for benfica is more or less impossible even in the end of his career...cause benfica don't have money and he realy don't like them , in fact he already show them the "bird"... (in the end of the video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tnB...eature=related

As for Porto, well recently Porto fans strike one of Ronaldo's store at Madeira island, robbing items, insulting and threatening his sister. A few days later Ronaldo said he loves to score against Porto and will try so score some more, like this one...i guess he don't like them either...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av-YYMngVJY

As for Sporting, well Ronaldo already score against us... but i think i prefer to watch players like Derlei (former Benfica) puting them down!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpwYB1XG1o (i love the way he feels scoring to his former team)
    "Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workers of the world, Unite!" - Manifesto of the Communist Party, Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels, 1848.
    "Lord, protect me from people who love and trust, because I take care of my enemies" - Voltaire.
    "I can not agree with any of the words you say but defend to the death your right to say them" - Voltaire.

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist...

Knorr have released a special edition black & white striped Oxo cube to celebrate the newcastle United's Premier League season.
    It's called the Laughing Stock.
    FTW!

Default Season highlight: Grafite humiliates Bayern

Don't know if this was posted around the time of the result - I'd think it must have been - but in any case, it'd take some time for me to tire of seeing Bayern ripped apart like this. Do take a moment to look back at one of the best individual goals of the last few seasons.

Grafite putting Wolfsburg 5-1 up against Bayern.

[All the goals.]
    Last edited by scotchedpommes; 05-26-2009 at 12:43.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

Bizzare

Only Makalambay would do such a thing.

Default Re : Season highlight: Grafite humiliates Bayern

Quote Originally Posted by SSNeoperestroika View Post
    Whoa, what a goal! I love the sheer audacity, the ubercoolness of that backheel.

Not as great, but well worth a look, is this goal from Europe's greatest player this season, Yoann Gourcuff. ~:worship:

Move over Kaka! Everybody has been called the new Zidane, but I'll be blasphemous and say Gourcuff really is the One.
    Could he be the Chosen One the prophecy has spoken about? This Saturday, on the eve of Pentecost, will the Holy Spirit descend upon us and lead us out of the wilderness? Four more days and we'll know...
    Not everything

Default Re: Re : Season highlight: Grafite humiliates Bayern

Apparently Evra has been hitting the sauce:

Away from football, on a rather outlandish tangent, Evra also claimed that he has 24 biological siblings.

"They are not from the same mother, I assure you!" Evra remarked, adding, "My father, he didn't watch the television..."
    #Hillary4prism

Default Re : LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

I predict Manchester will maul Barcelona tonight: 3 - 0.
    Not everything

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Default Re: Re : LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

I don't think the frenchman is too optimistic about United.... but i do think Barca will get a goal...

Man Utd 3 - 1 Barca
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Barce 4 - 2 Man U --> expecting (and hoping for) a high scoring game.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I don't know whats going on but i like it.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Barca 1 - 0 Man U at the half. A few goals by Henry would be nice right now, for old times sake.

Edit-> Barca 2 - 0 Man U, full time.

Eto'o(10')
    Messi(70')
    Last edited by drone; 05-27-2009 at 21:37. Reason: updated
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Barcelona saved the face of continental Europe. Man Utd looked like a second class team next to these guys. Congrats on thoroughly deserved victory to Barca...

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Now, that was unexpected...
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

I was supporting Man Utd, but there's no doubt the trophy went to the better team on the night.

to Barecelona.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Congratulations to the far better team on the night, Barcelona deserved the win and united didn't....

Not terribly gutted because i still feel we can do it again... but a little gutted we didn't do it tonight...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Man Utd C. Ronaldo Barcelona Honduras final Samuel Eto'o

BLARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post
    Congratulations to the far better team on the night, Barcelona deserved the win and united didn't....

Not terribly gutted because i still feel we can do it again... but a little gutted we didn't do it tonight...
    Agreed! Man Utd began quite well with 2/3 good shots to goal! However, i think Etoo's goal in Barça's first shot put Utd down! they look a tired team...and Ferguson made a terrible mistake taking off Anderson...Utd lost middlefield, a lot of players looked like they were lost....Ronaldo was fighting alone...until Scholes enter the pitch...but that was too late...

You lost Jolt...and it seams godor is far superior...

Page 104 of 167 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast