Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167
Results 4,981 to 5,002 of 5002

Thread: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Anybody been watching the UEFA?

Interesting how the various games have gone, a lot of teams that'd I'd expect to have lost keep advancing.

The Italy-Austria match was surprisingly close, was expecting an Italian walkover.

Dutch and Portuguese knocked out today too, only the Dutch one surprised me though.

I expect tomorrow to be fairly easy victories for Spain and France but this tournament has had some upsets already so I'm hoping Croatia and the Swiss bring it.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I'm watching the EURO 2020 every day, almost every match in fact, and I was very surprised by the Switzerland - France game, also because it was in Bucharest. 120 minutes of action, very hotly debated the next day in the office.

Some fabulous matches but some really boring ones as well.

(I tried to go to the France - Switzerland game but the prices went to insane levels)
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

There have been some great games, definitely some let downs too. The Germany-England match was surprisingly slow, both sides played way too conservatively.

Not surprised to see Italy and Spain advance today, was rooting for the Swiss but lost in the penalties.

I'll be rooting for the Danes and the English tomorrow though I hope the Czechs and Ukrainians make the matches very interesting.

-Abraham Lincoln

Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

An absolutely crazy transfer window, with hundreds of millions of EUR / pounds being spent on players. In between the crazy ones, Cristiano Ronaldo returned to Manchester United.

thans for useful information

I've been watching the Asian Football Confederation lately. The difference between the women's top and bottom teams are very high here:

Hong Kong 0-14 South Korea

Japan 7-0 Thailand

Australia 18-0 Indonesia

Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 03-04-2022 at 03:15.
    Wooooo!!!

Those are some crazy scores! I enjoy watching some women's footie when it's US, Canada, or European teams as the quality of play is a bit better. Other countries aren't really resourcing or encouraging their women's athletics enough.

-Abraham Lincoln

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla View Post
    Those are some crazy scores! I enjoy watching some women's footie when it's US, Canada, or European teams as the quality of play is a bit better. Other countries aren't really resourcing or encouraging their women's athletics enough.
    With far too many cultures, its a good thing that women's athletics is possible at all. And even in the West the resources are seldom even.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

It's just astonishing!

Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 03-26-2022 at 12:29.
    Wooooo!!!

Absolutely incredible match played 2 days ago in Madrid, Real Madrid edging out Chelsea 5-4 AET.

There are flaws but there is something, a mystic, a magic, a something. A lot of talent too, of course, even if that comes in moments more than full matches. And that part of the story, that idea of something almost spiritual, is more seductive on nights like this, even if it doesn’t explain everything, even if Madrid will lose some days too. Even if others sometimes win in wild ways too. Even if citing fate or fortune or something more fantastical risks being offered up in lieu of an analysis. This is not a sport that always has to make sense and quite often doesn’t.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-again-chelsea

Wooooo!!!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka_Khan View Post
    Why are they apologizing for accurately reporting the news?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Members thankful for this post (2):

Hala Madrid once again - Madrid won the 14th Champions League!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Analyzing the World Cup Group B teams. Very interesting...

England 0-4 Hungary

South Korea 2-0 Iran

USA 0-2 Japan

Wales 0-1 Poland
    Wooooo!!!

More women's footy:

China 1-1 South Korea

Taiwan 0-4 South Korea

Australia 0-1 South Korea

USA 0-0 South Korea

South Korea 1-0 Jamaica

Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 01-03-2023 at 03:23.
    Wooooo!!!

So we have a World Cup on our hands right now, any thoughts on it?

Proud

Been to:

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Grant Wahl died under suspicious circumstances and Gabriel Jesus is out for 3 months. Apart from seeing Kane send the ball into the cheap seats, can't say I've been enjoying this one.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Should be interesting upcoming matches, a lot of upsets this tournament though. Will be rooting for Croatia over Argentina and France over Morrocco. I like the Croatian team and they seem to have played well, I personally think the Argentinas much like the Portuguese spend half their time while on the attack taking dives to try and get free kicks. Would prefer they tried to put the ball in the net instead of flopping on the ground after a light brush with someone.
    As for France, normally I'd be for the underdogs, but I just hate how the Moroccan fans in Belgium and France have been rioting after their victories so am rooting for France for having to put up with their crappy fans. Besides, Mbappe and Giroud seem an excellent set in the front of the formation and like to see how they play, very fast and dynamic in developing the situation once they have the ball.

Kane's 'field goal' was terrible, what an embarrassment not even being on target, he first shot though was magnificent. Wanted England to win that match but when the only real goal opportunities come from penalties it doesn't say much for this Cup's English squad. Was glad though that the English did seem to play cleaner than France though to no avail it seemed.

If the Semis go the way I want, I'll root for Croatia over France and Morrocco over Argentina.
    Last edited by spmetla; 12-13-2022 at 07:29.

-Abraham Lincoln

Was an exciting World Cup final, certainly not the 'best' world cup final as the announcers kept saying as despite both teams being very good and it was clear throughout that Argentina had an aggressive edge that the used effectively.

-Abraham Lincoln

Wooooo!!!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla View Post
    Was an exciting World Cup final, certainly not the 'best' world cup final as the announcers kept saying as despite both teams being very good and it was clear throughout that Argentina had an aggressive edge that the used effectively.
    I do like it when a championship match/series is close right to the end. Dash of drama and demonstration that those vying for the win are true contenders and well-matched.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Games to watch before the 2023 Women's World Cup:

South Korea vs Zambia

England vs Australia

Australia vs South Korea

New Zealand vs South Korea

South Korea vs Vietnam

Wooooo!!!

Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167