Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Roman Era Mod For M2TW? - Damn yes, I'd say!

Default Re: A Roman Era Mod For M2TW? - Damn yes, I'd say!

Just want to chime in with my support for your efforts. Sounds like you have lots of talent committed to the project. I am sure I will like MTW2, but a mod with the new features of MTW2 that covers the Roman Era will be absolutely fantastic.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Aged retainer Member Guyus Germanicus's Avatar

Has CA simply nixed the idea of doing their own R2TW? Would hate to see a lot of effort wasted? Some of the ideas and illustrations aforementioned are marvelous.

So what's with CA? do they not want to upgrade RTW? Anyone know?
    "Those who would sacrifice a generation to realize an ideal are the enemies of mankind."
    -- Eric Hoffer

"Everyone after he has been fully trained, will be like His teacher." -- Luke 6:40

Wow this looks so cool! I love the roman era and now can have it with mtw2 graphics! You all seem very talented so i want to say GOOD LUCK !!! and im getting this as soon as it comes out!

BTW im very impressed by ur campaign map........all the way to India.
    Will there be any Chinese/Oriental, Non-Nomadic factions? that'd be awesome(looks like you could squeeze the Qin in the Northeast corner, provided its the right timeframe)

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Question Re: A Roman Era Mod For M2TW? - Damn yes, I'd say!

I read that this is a Realism Mod, that INSTANTLY puts me off. I must note that after nasty experiences with "historical" RTR I have gone off Realism mods. Will it be a historical realism mod and will it have lots of new buildings compared to vanilla RTW.

I have also read that somebody in the EB team suggested that the mods merge, will this actually happen?

i never liked R:TW, and M2:TW looks to be a great improvement, so i would be delighted to see a good Rome total conversion done on the new game.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

I think this would be great too...

Jus one fantasy request... Leave in the Aztech faction so we can have some cool "what if" custom battles...

A few questions:
    1.seeing as the phalanx isnt in mtw2,only the pike phalanx, wouldnt it be pretty hard to do.

2. Idont really know what roman era cities realistically looked like, but how would you transform the mtw:2 cities into roman ones, with all the layers of walls ect.

Signifer, Cohors II Legio II Member Comrade Alexeo's Avatar

I can be a historian. I believe that I'm pretty qualified for the job, as I am a historical reenactor with Cohors II Legio II of Colorado.

I may also be able to do some skinning work, and I'd be more than happy to help make trailers and so forth.

Waiting for your reply
    Signifer Titus Vorenus
    Cohors II Legion II
    Triana Fortis

http://www.geocities.com/tuccius2112...ianaindex.html

OR has succesfully folded into EB, and we are now helping with finishing EB 0.8, and EB 1.0. Then we will all have a go at M2TW, and start developing EB 2.

That was the first good message. Now a lot of you think "great, awsome news!" and some others think "No, I wanted a unique mod!"

Well, you'll get a unique mod too, it's kinda the "cherry on the ice-cream":

Silverguard (Tree) has burdened the task to take over OR and not let it die, and turn it into a mini-mod (expansion) for EB 2, so everybody who wants to add stuff to EB 2, and is not entirely satisfied with EB 2, will have the option to download and install OR. Such Mini-mods have been very succesfull for various great mods, like for RTR.

Thereby, I resign from my leading position at OR; all hail Silverguard!

He will be leading OR, a submod of EB 2, from now on, and I guess he'll open a recruitment thread soon, and structure everything.

Thanks,

K.K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12