Thread: Question Time 3 Update

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Hi guys,

As you know Question Time 3 has closed. I finished sorting out the questions this afternoon and have grouped them into separate subjects.

All in all, there were 74 Questions asked by 27 people. Not bad. And most of the questions made sense allright.

The Questions have been mailed to Richie this afternoon too. I'll keep you psted on further news.

In the meantime, hop on over to my site and check them out.

------------------
    Visit Erado San's Total War Domain or join my Host of Chaos Clan
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Cheers Erado San, we all appreciate it, and hopefully some official answers will come to light to key questions, keep us posted.

Thanks Erado San! I'm looking forward to the answers to these questions.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Can't wait for them to respond

One comment though... Erado you seem to feel that CA reps won't come to talk to US because of flaming. All I can say is they must be quite thin-skinned then.

Sandy Petersen of AOE/AOK renoun is more than willing to muck it up with the little people, and believe me the crap those teenagers throw over there is way more abusive! B4 The Conquerers was released his "ask Sandy" threads were literally running to the hundreds of posts in a day or two, requiring multiple threads to keep up. He'd answer those questions he saw fit, and ignore those he found redunant/abusive, adding a touch of the sardonic/sarcastic. I can't even fathom the amount of time it must have taken him to do that

It can be done...it should be done (at least at the community forum...hell it's THEIR forum!)...blaming us, the customer, is kinda silly IMHO.
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

The Community Site says they will feature the results on a Honor Day "soon". It won't be tomorrow (Monday), but it might be as early as next Friday (giving them a whole week to mull over them). As always, don't go mad with unfulfilled expectation, though.

Ship-sama (glad to see you're still around), to some extent you're right, of course. But we must remember that, for all what they've accomplished, Creative Assembly and DreamTime seem to be quite small firms. In all likelihood, Mr. Skinner (aka The Shogun) is the only person "at the office" who isn't completely immersed in the enormous amount of work that is the Warlord Edition - not to mention the 1.13 patch. He must single-handedly manage the web site, manage the data flows from CA/DT to the media and watch over the PR company that's doing promotional work for STW. Nobody can squeeze that and answering hundreds of questions on web-boards in the frame of a normal working day.

Of course, the devs could answer a few questions here and there, but they would be precedents: "Why did that guy get an answer and I didn't?" To be consistent and fair with the resources available to them, they must have the questions in a far more concise and accessible form than what's possible here (or especially at the Community Forum): thus, the Question Times. They are a prime example of fan-developer *co-operation*, as opposed to the devs ignoring the community or the fans constantly taking the opportunity to interfere in the creation of the game.

(Also, I consider Mr. Sandy Petersen, assuming we're talking about the same person, a Class A+++ Great Guy - he may be, or at least deserves to be, the best-liked person in the entire computer / console / role-playing game business. Using him as a yardstick is asking for trouble. )

------------------
    "I listened for response and heard only praise."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche: Beyond Good and Evil
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Ship,

It was quite a while ago. They posted news about something, and immediately some idiots started flaming because they did not mention something the idiots wanted. While the information concerned something different completely.

This has happened a few times. The best (or rather, worst) example has been that when patch 1.11 was released, and we all had those online problems. While they were working on the solution, one of their proggers had made a new version of the tiles game. Then a whole lot of pretty bad flaming started because we wanted better online performance instead of a tiles game. Flaming got real ugly. The sad part was, that this guy got flamed for making a tiles game, while he had done that all in his spare time.

Now do you think that guy will ever show his face in here?

Now I hate the fact they hardly ever come in here. But with their schedules, and the fact that idiots jump on their backs the moment they do post here, I don't blame them. In fact, I would do exactly the same.

Sometimes people flame me for not being able to help them with their problem. We have seen that in the past. It has been relaxed lately, but let me tell you, the first person starting flaming because his problem cannot be solved through our support in the forum will get his threads closed immediately!!!
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...