Thread: Multiplayers Harassment Policy

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Multiplayers Harassment Policy

Total War Multiplayers Harassment Policy

Stumbled across this World of Warcraft Harassment Policy today.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...ery=Harassment

And could not help but wonder why I have never seen anything like this for our Multiplayer foyers, either by SEGA (or previous owners) or GameSpy.

Or am I wrong?

Please provide links if you have them.

I would love to be wrong…

Last edited by Tomisama; 10-26-2009 at 12:00.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Default Re: Multiplayers Harassment Policy

If you recall, they removed the entire chat lobby due to racism, bickering etc.

But I think it was widely agreed that was a case of blaming the mases for the crimes of the few. It'd be nice to cut out the rubbish in the lobbies, I just don't read it tbh, but it'd be nice to ban the offenders from RTW MP.

If you recall, they removed the entire chat lobby due to racism, bickering etc.
    Oh I recall, and the first thought in my head was “well what did you expect”.

With no accountability, people with no conscience (awareness of anything larger than own heads) will run amuck. Someone needs to monitor, and/or there needs to be some system to report offenders so that they can be guided or restrained. But they can not be allowed free reign, as they will destroy everything, including themselves!

I sincerely hope that consideration has been to this very important aspect of Total War multiplayer. With out some real solutions, Medieval II will be worse than Rome ever was (more people), and I personally gave up on RTW a long time ago.

It's because the design of RTW's MP was shoddy as sin. CA tried to pass the buck by claiming it was GS's fault, that it was unworkable, but that didn't stop them being able to ban cd-keys in MTW.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

A few months ago, members of my clan were harrassed by some wierdo who kept putting our tag on and joining the lobby under various names such as "Vandal_Child-Rapist" etc. etc. anyways, we took a few screenshots of comments he said and reported his GSPID to Gamespy who then blocked his access to the lobbies. We havnt seen him since...
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Wishazu
    A few months ago, members of my clan were harrassed by some wierdo who kept putting our tag on and joining the lobby under various names such as "Vandal_Child-Rapist" etc. etc. anyways, we took a few screenshots of comments he said and reported his GSPID to Gamespy who then blocked his access to the lobbies. We havnt seen him since...
    Thanks Wish

And I did find that GameSpy Chat Standards states the you may have your chat privileges removed with or without warning for the following reasons: Verbal attacks, excessive use of foul, vulgar or extremely profane language. Racist and sexist remarks, slurs and attacks, as well as unsportsmanlike and unkind attitudes. Spamming the channel or repeating yourself excessively, so that others are unable to share the chat.

I took the tour to reporting this morning, and it wasn’t straight forward, but not too difficult.

From the Home Page click on:
    (left side) GameSpy Helpers
    (right side) Support
    (bottom of page) Contacting GameSpy support/Click here
    GameSpy Arcade (logo)
    (top of page) Request Support

You will have to create a Service Center account (no big deal), and then submit a Ticket reporting abuse.

Last edited by Tomisama; 09-24-2006 at 17:13.

Child-Rapist? omg thats quite gruesome... pfft lol

I have bad feelings about TW. Looks like CA simply can't build 3D game and TW morale system. If during last 2 years they weren't able to correct RTW (BI and Alexander has same mayor bugs), it's hard for me to believe that they correct bugs in MTW 2. They care about graphic, animations and music/vocies. I'm afraid no one care about multi. I was playing in every part of total war but if MTW 2 will be as bad as RTW - I won't buy it.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

I'll buy it anyhow but, if MP sucks, I'll just go back to MTW/VI and that be the end of it..

but like I say

Total War is a SP game. how many people play RTW online? 250-270, mabye 275 at Max, and some Retired Vets on the fourms (say,Tomi for example,or mabye Magayrkhan). but how many people play SP? the other 500,000 people that broguht RTW did..

I think they need to fix MP, even though TW is a SP game. they think since there is only 300 or so players (active MP players and retired vets on the fourms) playing TW or posting on the fourms, why should we fix MP?? People want that stupid, Good Grahpics and Music and crap, but in a game liek STW or MTW, graphics might have sucked, but you actually had to use your Head, if it was a Steppe Game, or even a dang Siege Game (more realtisc then RTW Sieges). Now, you can just click click click on RTW, or pick Greece and use Spartins to win a Siege, but in MTW, you actually had to use your head,because you only got 10K,15K at more. and in Sieges, was more Realstic. the Armies/Sieges were actually beatable. in RTW, some wanna be can justt sit in a Castle with all Spartins.

With the release of mtw2 u will see a massive increase of players in the total war community...
    If CA are making a suitable enough profit, i dnt think theyd be much bothered about adjustments to make the game better multiplayer wise.
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by }{Huscarls}{Barrett|L|
    With the release of mtw2 u will see a massive increase of players in the total war community...
    If CA are making a suitable enough profit, i dnt think theyd be much bothered about adjustments to make the game better multiplayer wise.
    To bad they just don’t get it…

This is an excerpt from an email sent this last January to an independent product promoter working with SEGA. In it I was trying to explain the role Clans, and Clan Competitions in play in multiplayer, and the importance of multiplayer as a sales tool. I hope that some day someone will catch on to the idea.

What the numbers will not tell you is that the Clan Competitions keep the Clans alive, giving them something to do. The Clans provide stability to the community. The larger the Clan base, the more active the Multiplayer community, offering more folks to play against on a regular basis. The larger the Multiplayer community, the more attractive the game is to the Single Player (even if they don’t play Multiplayer). The logic being, “if all of those people are having that much fun, it must be a good game”. A strong and thriving Multiplayer Community is the best advertisement a game product can have. And the Clans, and the Competitions that keep them going, well worth investing in.

P.S.
    What we do in life, echoes forever in eternity...
    Totally Awesome!!!
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-29-2006 at 00:57.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yea, I don't think they will ever catch on m8... SP is and was always bigger then MP, and unlike games like BF2/2142 that have or will have huge MP's with SP's aslo, EA will listen to them of course, but they won't listen to us though. Mabye if all of us wrote e-mails, then they MIGHT sit down and think, but I doubt it though.