Thread: Campaign Editor

The campaign editor, does anyone have any hard info on what that will cover? The following is a wish list and should not be take as speculation or rumor. My hope is that it might allow modifying:

- Amount of koku in the regions.
    - The starting provinces for each clan.
    - The starting units and their placement for each clan.
    - Can swap in custom tactical maps for any or all provinces.
    - Aggressiveness of the AI clans.
    - Bonus for each clan (i.e. Takeda can get Cav cheaper).
    - Provinces which give honor bonus (i.e. Shinano cav bonus).
    - Starting Ports
    - Starting castle placement.

Things which I would love to see but doubt would be in the XPack:

- Level of starting castle (allow for a starting castle higher than the lowest level)
    - Allow higher level dojos in a higher level starting castle. Or have an armoury already built in your starting castle, or a Buddist Temple.
    - A random option (randomly generates koku per province and clan starting provinces).
    - New strategic maps (i.e. China, Korea, Europe) so we can make Mongul campaigns across China/Europe and Samurai campaigns into Korea.
    - Unit editors. Make Chinese or European units which could then be used in the campaigns I just mentioned. This would be hard. Generating sprite images for the units is a custom thing (I imagine). But maybe they could release new unit sprites over the web after the XPack is done. Or simply generate new Chinese or European units for us when they release a China or Europe strategic map.

Well thats what I would love to see in the Campaign Editor. Can't wait to play with whatever they have in the XPack.

------------------
    All your base are belong to us

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

one thing you will be able to do is edit the province names, as evidenced by this screenshot:

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 03-13-2001).]

Thats pretty cool Soly. Can I have one of the Ronin provinces named after me?

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Solypsist,

As someone who has greatly awaited a campaign editor, I DO NOT APPRECIATE your faked picture. Some ppl are going to believe that the picture you posted is real, and will begin spreading false rumors.
    I would appreciate it if you would post again saying that you merely altered a screen shot.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

ooh - a real nice fake...have a slapped wrist from me too

if only we could get a map editor - the only limit would be our imagination...and from the sounds of some of the stuff on this forrum, we'd soon be fighting on the moon for our Daimyo and our honour
    Have you seen the fnords?

Zen_Blade-sama, this is just some more typical Solypsist humor. Your point is valid, of course, but such a rumor would hardly be one of the more dangerous ones...

Maybe we should include a "Never trust Soly's screenshots" clause in the FAQ.

------------------
    "The warrior's lies are called strategy -- the only honest people are the farmers and townsmen."
    - Akechi Mitsuhide
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Maybe we should include a "Never Trust Soly At All" clause in the FAQ.

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 03-13-2001).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I think you kiddies are finally catching on....

anyway, who says the screenshot is a fake? and a few rumors started here (or elsewhere, hehe) really doesn't mean anything. Zen-Blade san, did you really believe the new expansion would have AT-ATs (see previously posted screenshot from way back) or do you just take everything at face value? If you're that trusting, be very very afraid of rumors and screenshots from other sources, too.

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 03-13-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Solypsist,

perhaps you did not read my post.

I did not believe for a second that the picture was real. However, it is likely that some newer person who does not frequent the dojo so often will think it to be real.

I have seen you do this before Solypsist, and there are always a few ppl who actually think you are telling the truth b/c they are nice, honest ppl.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Quote Originally posted by Zen_Blade:

I have seen you do this before Solypsist, and there are always a few ppl who actually think you are telling the truth b/c they are nice, honest ppl.

-Zen Blade

[/QUOTE]

Zen there is a difference between honest and naive. I could write here that the moon is made out of cheese and a certain part of the population would believe me. The internet is filled with people who stretch the truth. Some for very devious reasons. The sooner that naive people come to question what they read on the net the better.

Soly's screenshot is funny. I can't see any harm in it. Even if someone thought it is real why would they get upset about. Having the option to change the province names would be a pretty benign feature. Although those names are not historically accurate ... but I am sure the starcraft crowd would have loved it

------------------

[This message has been edited by edRonin (edited 03-14-2001).]